Help on Cacti graph

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

ahtshun83
Cacti User

Help on Cacti graph

Post by ahtshun83 »

hi all,

i am graphing out disk usage for window using SNMP get mounted partitions...the value is correct

however the graph title does not display text in full..

it should display "C: Label:OS Serial Number 148a9421"

how do i resolve it?Please help.. pls refer to screenshot

I have second issue. pls refer to screenshot2.jpg. i used SNMP get mounted partition to monitor another Win2K3 server disk usage..however, the total used does not display correclty...

pls help!!
Attachments
screenshot2.JPG
screenshot2.JPG (46.35 KiB) Viewed 6270 times
screenshot.JPG
screenshot.JPG (29.78 KiB) Viewed 6274 times
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Please see Settings -> Visual -> Title Length
Reinhard
ahtshun83
Cacti User

Post by ahtshun83 »

hi gandalf,

thank you for the title settings...but it didnt resolve my issue..pls refer to visual_settings.jpg..
I have deleted and recreate the graph but same issue.

how about the screenshot2.jpg?

i have another issue..i used SNMP interface statistics to monitor Cisco router..it is a 6MB lease line..however the graph does not display correct...it show display in MB...in stead of bytes..

all these issues happened after i reinstall cacti...i forgot what i've done previously...

pls help!!
Attachments
visual_setting.JPG
visual_setting.JPG (92.07 KiB) Viewed 6224 times
screenshot3.JPG
screenshot3.JPG (60.51 KiB) Viewed 6241 times
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

ahtshun83 wrote:hi gandalf,

thank you for the title settings...but it didnt resolve my issue..pls refer to visual_settings.jpg..
I have deleted and recreate the graph but same issue.

how about the screenshot2.jpg?
Please increase the Data Query field length as well. Perform a Reload of that Data Query and recreate that graph (you may "Reapply Suggested Names" from Graph Management instead).
i have another issue..i used SNMP interface statistics to monitor Cisco router..it is a 6MB lease line..however the graph does not display correct...it show display in MB...in stead of bytes..

all these issues happened after i reinstall cacti...i forgot what i've done previously.
Then please choose the "Bytes" Graph when creating the traffic graph instead of the "Bits" Graph
Reinhard
ahtshun83
Cacti User

Post by ahtshun83 »

hi gandalf,

i have resolved the graph title by changing the graph field title under graph management...thank you for your help

i was using bytes graph for traffic but it didnt solve.therefore i tried bit graph & it shows correctly..pls reply to traffic.jpg.

now i'm facing disk usage graph issue..refer to disk_usage.jpg..i tried to recreate the graph but same issue

do u have any idea what's wrong?Thank you in advanced :D
Attachments
traffic.JPG
traffic.JPG (131.14 KiB) Viewed 6202 times
disk_usage.JPG
disk_usage.JPG (86.23 KiB) Viewed 6202 times
ahtshun83
Cacti User

Post by ahtshun83 »

anyone can help me?

now i'm facing disk usage graph issue..refer to disk_usage.jpg..i tried to recreate the graph but same issue

i am using SNMP Mounted partition....it works on another win2k3 in dmz zone..
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

You are not too clear as to what's wrong. You mind knows, but the translation to the keyboard is broken. In other words, be more specific.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
ahtshun83
Cacti User

Post by ahtshun83 »

I am sorry for my lousy english.I try my best to explain & give more details of my issue.

Please refer to config.jpg for my cacti configuration.I installed my cacti on CentOS 5.2.

I am using SNMP Mounted partition(associated data queries) to monitor disk usage for 3 Win2k3 servers & 1 Linux server. SNMP service has been enabled for all servers..however 2 win2k3 servers graphs does not display correctly. either the used or total space value is missing. Please refer to disk_1.jpg & disk_2.jpg. i have tried to delete the graph & recreate but it didnt help. I also changed the snmp timeout to 6000 but didnt help.

hopefully my explanation is clear enough for someone to understand and assist me with a solution..Thank you in advanced :D
Attachments
disk_2.JPG
disk_2.JPG (87.14 KiB) Viewed 6111 times
disk_1.JPG
disk_1.JPG (84.32 KiB) Viewed 6111 times
config.JPG
config.JPG (70.45 KiB) Viewed 6111 times
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

What does your Cacti Log look like? Do you possibly have two cron's running? What about traffic graphs? Did you upgrade from a previous version of Cacti?

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
ahtshun83
Cacti User

Post by ahtshun83 »

TheWitness wrote:What does your Cacti Log look like? Do you possibly have two cron's running? What about traffic graphs? Did you upgrade from a previous version of Cacti?

TheWitness
Hi TheWitness,

i only have one cron job running for cacti.the other cron jobs are for awstats.

*/5 * * * * /usr/bin/php /var/www/html/cacti/poller.php --force > /dev/null 2>&1

traffic graph is fine for all the servers.. The cacti log is fine..pls refer to cacti_log.jpg.

i fresh install cacti...first time use it..

FYI,i also graph physical memory for all servers using SNMP Get Mounted Partitions.

anything i need to check?
Attachments
cacti_log.JPG
cacti_log.JPG (212.23 KiB) Viewed 6091 times
ahtshun83
Cacti User

Post by ahtshun83 »

hi witness/gandalf,

do u have any idea what's wrong with my graph?

pls help me :D
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

The Windows Disk Space Graphs often drop out due to slow response of windows. Increase timeout and retry
Reinhard
ahtshun83
Cacti User

Post by ahtshun83 »

gandalf wrote:The Windows Disk Space Graphs often drop out due to slow response of windows. Increase timeout and retry
Reinhard
hi gandalf,

May i know which timeout setting are you referring to?
is it "configuration -> Settings ->SNMP Timeout? Currently the value is 500...what is the recommended value?

thank you!!
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

This one is the system wide default. No need to change that. Instead, please change the timeout value on the host edit screen for the windows host. There's a mass change "action" as well
Reinhard