Parameters of cacti.sql

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Snake

Parameters of cacti.sql

Post by Snake »

Hi Everyone,

As far as my limited understanding of programing go, all cacti configuration are stored in mysql database, even those for data templates, data source, etc.

With this in mind, I would like to create a new fresh install of cacti, but with the data templates, data sources and the RRA step and heartbeat ready for a one minute polling, and here comes my question:

What are the parameters I need to change in cacti.sql before import it so I can have cacti ready for one minute polling "out of the box"?

Imaging that I will start a new server, should I wait for the new cacti version (will it be released soon?) or install the current version with PA and upgrade later?

Thanks for the great job on cacti and for the help with this question!

[]´s
Audrey
Snake

Post by Snake »

Developers and Gurus,

I guess I figure it out. If a developer or guru could confirm if those are all changes need, I appreciate.

LINE 267 - Change all data templates to 60 seconds updates

LINE 292 - Associate Hourly (1 Minute) RRA by default

LINE 334 - Change the heartbeat of rrd files to 120 seconds

LINE 935 - Change the poller rrd_step default to 60 seconds

LINE 1060 - Change the rrd rows so I can have 3 weeks of 1min, 3 months of 5min, 1 year of 30min, 2 years of 2h and 5y of 1 day (averages)

Line reference for the cacti.sql. The file attached has the line with changes.

Thanks for the help.

[]´s
Audrey
Attachments
changes-to-cacti-sql.txt
(12.22 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
Snake

Post by Snake »

Just for the records, those changes I mentioned in cacti.sql worked very well. I´d installed cacti last night and it´s graphing with one minute polling, and rrd files have a 60 seconds step on creation!

[]´s
Audrey
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

I don't see anything crazy wrong with what you did... :)

If it worked, awesome...

Typically, I would have just installed Cacti and then updated the values and re-exported the database. That way I know all the things that needed to be changed where changed.
[size=117][i][b]Tony Roman[/b][/i][/size]
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]