RRDClean v0.38 - Released

Announcements concerning Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

bigrat

Post by bigrat »

Finally, I found this table when I tried to delete one graph.
Thanks TheWitness.
MU-IT
Cacti User

Post by MU-IT »

Is there a fix for this yet?
Øyvind

Post by Øyvind »

I just cannot get this plugin installed.

Nothing is listed under Plugin Management in any of the tabs. Tried adding it to global.php, and my "Updates" plugin atleast listed it then. Still no way of enabling my user to see it or getting it in the menu tho.

Tested on a 0.8.7d/PIA2.4 system and it worked just fine.

Any ideas?

--
Øyvind

Cacti Version - 0.8.7b
Plugin Architecture - 2.1
Poller Type - Cactid v
Server Info - Linux 2.6.18-92.1.10.el5
Web Server - Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat)
PHP - 5.1.6
PHP Extensions - libxml, xml, wddx, tokenizer, sysvshm, sysvsem, sysvmsg, standard, SimpleXML, sockets, SPL, shmop, session, Reflection, pspell, posix, mime_magic, iconv, hash, gmp, gettext, ftp, exif, date, curl, ctype, calendar, bz2, zlib, pcre, openssl, apache2handler, dbase, gd, ldap, mysql, mysqli, PDO, pdo_mysql, pdo_sqlite, snmp
MySQL - 5.0.45
RRDTool - 1.2.23
SNMP - 5.3.1
Plugins
  • Global Plugin Settings (settings - v0.5)
    Thresholds (thold - v0.3.9)
    Update Checker (update - v0.4)
    Host Info (hostinfo - v0.2)
    PHP Network Weathermap (weathermap - v0.95b)
    Read-only Devices Tab (devices - v0.4)
    killspike (killspike - v0.1.0a)
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

So 087b w/ PIA 2.1 strikes you? Yes, in this version you will still have to add it to global.php. Only PIA 2.4 does not require to do so (at least I suppose so).

But then it should work. Even if I did not test thoroughly. Do you find anything in cacti.log, then, when running in DEBUG mode?
Reinhard
Øyvind

Post by Øyvind »

I might not have been clear enough in my first post, but I tried adding it to global.php too, with the result that if I check my "Updates" plugin, it's listed there, but still nothing in user management.
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Øyvind wrote:I might not have been clear enough in my first post, but I tried adding it to global.php too, with the result that if I check my "Updates" plugin, it's listed there, but still nothing in user management.
This does not (exactly) answer my question. It is 087b/Pia 2.1?
Reinhard
Øyvind

Post by Øyvind »

As stated in my first post, yes.

Cacti Version - 0.8.7b
Plugin Architecture - 2.1

Tried adding rrdclean 0.38 to global.php - Shows under "Updates" (update 0.4 plugin), but not under User Management - Realms.
Doesn't show up under Plugin Management at all, adding it to global.php or not doesn't make a difference. (Plugin Management lists no plugins at all, not even as "Old Architecture - running", is that PIA 2.4 only?)

Didn't run the system in DEBUG mode, will have to look at that on monday when I get back to work.
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Øyvind wrote:Plugin Management lists no plugins at all, not even as "Old Architecture - running", is that PIA 2.4 only?
Yes
Didn't run the system in DEBUG mode, will have to look at that on monday when I get back to work.
That would be fine.
I asked for the version you need a solution for because I usually recommed to upgrade to latest (which works, as you stated).
So I will have to create a new cacti087b/PIA 2.1 installation to try to reproduce your issues.
Reinhard
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Gandolf,

There is a bug in the "auto" upgrade code that I wrote for that batch of plugins I released a few months back that prevents the plugins from properly working unless you are running PIA 2.4. Not intentional, but I was not as concerned about backwards compatibility.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
Øyvind

Post by Øyvind »

Forgot to mention I also tried rrdclean 0.36, and that didn't work either.
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

I just did the following
  • install cacti 087b from tar.gz
  • install all available patches for 087b
  • install PIA via diff file
  • run pa.sql to add PIA tables
  • login as admin
  • goto User Management -> admin to check the Plugin Management which then shows up immediately
  • create plugins/rrdclean
  • copy latest rrdclean source (V0.38) to that directory
  • Plugin Management -> Uninstalled Tab then shows immediately the RRDCleaner Plugin which I "installed" then
  • Plugin Management -> Installed Tab then shows immediately the RRDCleaner Plugin which I activated then
  • Under "Utilities", the entry for RRDCleaner is visible without further ado
  • any specific user (except for admin) must be explicitely allowed to access RRD Cleaner from within User Management
So there is nothing strange there. In this case, modifying include/global.php was not necessary. Please be aware, that ans directory of kind plugins/rrdclean* will break RRDClean (same holds for each type of plugin)
So honestly I see no bug here
Reinhard
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

TheWitness wrote:Gandolf,

There is a bug in the "auto" upgrade code that I wrote for that batch of plugins I released a few months back that prevents the plugins from properly working unless you are running PIA 2.4. Not intentional, but I was not as concerned about backwards compatibility.

TheWitness
That seems to affect only table changes? So it will not affect RRDClean, if I'm not mistaken. The table is re-created on each new "scan".
Reinhard
Øyvind

Post by Øyvind »

Found the culprit, it's the old Uptime plugin, as mentioned here.
Removed the directory from the /plugins/ dir and PA 2.1 now works as it should. RRD Clean installed.
And

Not deleting RRD

Post by And »

Good Afternoon,
I've installed latest (0.38) RRDClean version but I have the following problem:

I can see my unused RRD files but when I delete them using RRD clean, they are not deleted at all. They disappear from my list as soon I issue a deelte command, but doing a rescan make them reappearing... Of course the files are still on my disk.

Can you me, please?
Thanks!

And :)
Øyvind

Post by Øyvind »

I do think it's mentioned in the readme, that what happens when you do a scan and mark them and select delete, it's not actually deleted until the next time the poller runs (5 mins intervals by default). And doing a rescan will cancel the delete.

So tag and delete, and be patient :)