Report plugin ''ReportIt" - v0.7.5a (released 23/12/11)

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Heiko
Cacti User

Post by Heiko »

browniebraun wrote:
Heiko wrote:Hello,

i set the frequency for the scheduled reporting to daily but I never received an email.
Should this work out of the box?
Hi Heiko!
Please verify that you correctly setup the cronjob and that this report has been calculated as expected.
Then check the configuration of the "Settings" plugin. Did you receive the test email, after you have clicked on "Send a Test Email" link shown in the right upper corner?
(Console->Cacti Settings =>Tab: Mail/DNS)

Best regards
-Andreas-
Hello,

I think I missed the point with the cronjob, where can I find documentation about that?
Sending of an testemail works fine.
When I now run the runtime.php from the bash I do receive that email, looks i got lost somewhere.
So now I just have to create a cronjob for each report I new and than everything should be doing right?
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Hi Heiko!

You've only to setup one cron per frequency (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly):

e.g:

Code: Select all

#Reportit - scheduled jobs (daily) 
0 0 * * * /thishost/unix/cen/php/bin/php /thishost/unix/cen/cacti/plugins/reportit/runtime.php -d > /dev/null 2>&1 
(#Weekly: 10 0 * * 0 #Monthly 20 0 1 * * #Quarterly 30 0 1 1,4,7,10 #Yearly 40 0 1 1 *)

Best regards
-Andreas-
Hat das Blümchen einen Knick, war der Schmetterling zu dick! ;)
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Download ReportIt | Download SNMPAgent | ReportIt SVN | ReportIt Templates | Wish list
GlueGuy
Cacti User

Post by GlueGuy »

browniebraun wrote:You don't have to use these structured paths. It's only the default.
You are allowed to define individual paths per report template, so that you can get something like that:
Ahhh. Sometimes it takes a while for the light to come on. I've looked at that, I don't know how many times, and it never registered.

Thank you again Andreas for your fine plugin.

bp
---------
The Glue Guy
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Yeah,
I've to update the little "manual". :wink:

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Download ReportIt | Download SNMPAgent | ReportIt SVN | ReportIt Templates | Wish list
GlueGuy
Cacti User

Post by GlueGuy »

Browniebraun wrote:I've to update the little "manual".
Boy do I know that story.

Maybe there is a way to assemble the collective wisdom that is building behind reportit? Just a thought.

I can tell you that we rely heavily on your plugin, and cacti in general.

We operate a very small WISP with ~~ 450 subscribers (and 2 employees!). Because of our bandwidth costs, we need to track bandwidth usage on a per-subscriber basis. We rely on 3 bread-and-butter reports:
  • 1. per subscriber per day (run daily)
    2. per subscriber per trailing 28 days (run daily)
    3. per subscriber per month (run at month-end)
From these lists we cull the top-most users, and send notices to them if they are going over their usage tier. They can elect to reduce their usage or pay a higher fee to offset the cost of our bandwidth.

What I would like to do is combine the #1 and #2 reports in such a way that I can email the individual subscriber report to each subscriber so that they can see their own trends/usage.

What I'm doing now, is I run a daily script that collects the per-subscriber data from reports #1 and #2, assembles it into an email, and posts it to all that are on our "hit list" of over-achievers.

This seems less resource-intensive than generating two separate reports for each subscriber, but who knows?

Again Andreas, thanks for the reportit plugin. You have made my life possible.

bp
---------
The Glue Guy
Heiko
Cacti User

Post by Heiko »

Hello.

i get an timezone error when I run my reports now.

# REPORTIT WARNING: Unknown timezone: UTC. Please update configuration of Report [19] Data item[606]

I cant remember that I changed anything in the last days.
We have all our servers running at UTC, so it should be the same on the reports.

Is there a way to get reportit to act with UTC?
All these reports worked in the past.

EDIT:

I think i enabled the timezone mode in the general reportit configuration, disabling this makes my reports work again.
Stunty

Post by Stunty »

It's a very nice tool :)
Thanks for developing it !
Last edited by Stunty on Sun May 17, 2009 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

GlueGuy wrote: I can tell you that we rely heavily on your plugin, and cacti in general.

We operate a very small WISP with ~~ 450 subscribers (and 2 employees!). Because of our bandwidth costs, we need to track bandwidth usage on a per-subscriber basis. We rely on 3 bread-and-butter reports:
  • 1. per subscriber per day (run daily)
    2. per subscriber per trailing 28 days (run daily)
    3. per subscriber per month (run at month-end)
From these lists we cull the top-most users, and send notices to them if they are going over their usage tier. They can elect to reduce their usage or pay a higher fee to offset the cost of our bandwidth.

What I would like to do is combine the #1 and #2 reports in such a way that I can email the individual subscriber report to each subscriber so that they can see their own trends/usage.

What I'm doing now, is I run a daily script that collects the per-subscriber data from reports #1 and #2, assembles it into an email, and posts it to all that are on our "hit list" of over-achievers.

This seems less resource-intensive than generating two separate reports for each subscriber, but who knows?

Again Andreas, thanks for the reportit plugin. You have made my life possible.

bp

Wow! That's cool. Many thanks for your feedback.
I'm really happy to see that it was a good idea to spend so much of my spare time on the development of ReportIt. :D

Your idea is a awesome! I never thought about that!!! That's the reason why I appreciate this community. We'll see what can be realized in 0.8.0. :wink:

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Heiko wrote:Hello.

i get an timezone error when I run my reports now.

# REPORTIT WARNING: Unknown timezone: UTC. Please update configuration of Report [19] Data item[606]

I cant remember that I changed anything in the last days.
We have all our servers running at UTC, so it should be the same on the reports.

Is there a way to get reportit to act with UTC?
All these reports worked in the past.

EDIT:

I think i enabled the timezone mode in the general reportit configuration, disabling this makes my reports work again.
Yep. That's the reason!
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Stunty wrote:It's very tool :)
Thanks for developing it !
Thanks for your feedback! :D

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
j-munroe

Since Reportit 0.7.1 Upgrade Variable "maxValue" i

Post by j-munroe »

Hi,

Has anyone else had their maxValue variable under measurands disappear? It was there before but since upgrading I've noticed it no longer is available?

Anyone else seen this...or more importantly know how to fix it? :-)
Attachments
measurand_window.GIF
measurand_window.GIF (22.47 KiB) Viewed 6073 times
Sanraal

Post by Sanraal »

Hello,

I'm having an issue running a report with version 0.7.0 or 0.7.1. The reports gives the following errors when running manually:

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /appdata/cacti/plugins/reportit/runtime.php on line 657
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /appdata/cacti/plugins/reportit/runtime.php on line 710

Currently the report is very basic and uses a datasource from the Cisco Router SAA template. I'm trying to look at the average for one datasource as a starter when I run into this. I have other reports that work fine and are based off the Interface Traffic data sources.

What further information can I provide or has anyone run into this before?

thanks
browniebraun
Developer

Re: Since Reportit 0.7.1 Upgrade Variable "maxValue&quo

Post by browniebraun »

j-munroe wrote:Hi,

Has anyone else had their maxValue variable under measurands disappear? It was there before but since upgrading I've noticed it no longer is available?

Anyone else seen this...or more importantly know how to fix it? :-)
Did you change the maximum value of your data template?The variable "maxValue" will only be available if "maximum" is neither empty nor zero.
Are there error messages listed in the Cacti log?

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Sanraal wrote:Hello,

I'm having an issue running a report with version 0.7.0 or 0.7.1. The reports gives the following errors when running manually:

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /appdata/cacti/plugins/reportit/runtime.php on line 657
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /appdata/cacti/plugins/reportit/runtime.php on line 710

Currently the report is very basic and uses a datasource from the Cisco Router SAA template. I'm trying to look at the average for one datasource as a starter when I run into this. I have other reports that work fine and are based off the Interface Traffic data sources.

thanks
Please duplicate your report, reduce the number of data items to a single one and keep the ID of that report configuration in mind.
Switch over to the CLI and run that report in debug mode.

e.g. php /appdata/cacti/plugins/reportit/runtime.php --debug ID >debug.txt

Send me a pm with your debug file.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Sanraal wrote:Hello,

thanks
Thank you for sending me the debug file. I can reconstruct that issue and I will try to analyse and fix that bug asap.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3