Linux to Windows WMI Plugin - Beta

Announcements concerning Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

russell.seymour

Post by russell.seymour »

Hello everyone,

I am still having problems when the system attempts to call the template, as I have described above.

Does anyone have a working template that I can test with?

I created the bug that mcutting referenced, but I think something is wrong with the bugs system as I get a database error.

I really love the idea of this plugin and my thanks go to cigamit - it is just at the moment I cannot get it to run.

Any help appreciatively recieved,

Russell
caoboth

Post by caoboth »

Just in case anyones still having problems getting a basic graph working correctly (or just needs a couple as a referance) heres a couple for you.

1. Disk Read Per Sec Graph
2. Mailbox Messages Per Store Graph

Copy win_disk_read_write_persec.xml and exchange_messages.xml to your resource/script_server folder

Import the graphs the normal cacti way.

edit the wmi-script.php and change the third from last line echo to a return so it looks like this:

return $wmi->fetch_value($arg1, $arg2);

Hope this help

Andy
Attachments
wmigraphsample.zip
(6.4 KiB) Downloaded 653 times
stormonts
Cacti User

Post by stormonts »

I need the version for SLES 10.

Thanks!
Exo7
Cacti User

Post by Exo7 »

wmic linux binaries are provided, if they don't work in SLES10 for whatever reason, you can compile them yourself as wmic is an open source project.
stormonts
Cacti User

Post by stormonts »

Thanks! I had downloaded "CactiWMI-0.0.6.r101.tar" from another thread and that just had the php script in it. I'll download the zip from the first post of this thread for wmic.
brian.nz

Post by brian.nz »

anybody got a copy of a compiled wmic for Solaris.

I would be eternally gratefull !!!
stormonts
Cacti User

Post by stormonts »

Exo7 wrote:wmic linux binaries are provided, if they don't work in SLES10 for whatever reason, you can compile them yourself as wmic is an open source project.
Exo7 wrote:wmic linux binaries are provided, if they don't work in SLES10 for whatever reason, you can compile them yourself as wmic is an open source project.
I have a newer version of libgnutls.so. installed, but your version keeps wanting that one. I tried to compile from the source on SLES 10, but the configure step keeps failing with:

./build/smb_build/main.pl: can't open 'heimdal_build/perl_path_wrapper.sh asn1_deps.pl heimdal/lib/hdb/hdb.asn1 hdb_asn1 heimdal/lib/hdb |' at build/smb_build/config_mk.pm line 197.
caoboth

Post by caoboth »

if you need wmic for 64 SLES ive got it :)
stormonts
Cacti User

Post by stormonts »

Yes, I need it.
ehall
Cacti User

Post by ehall »

feature request for cigamit--there are a lot of WMI knobs that are not in the default namespace, so being able to specify a different namespace is going to be needed for this to be usable beyond perfmon data. I know perfmon is the 99% thing, but still... just a simple thing like [X] use default namespace with root/cimv2 default value vs enabled edit box to type one in and pass the value on to --namespace parameter.

thanks!
cigamit
Developer

Post by cigamit »

Good idea, I will put it on my long list of things to fix.
denov

Re: Linux to Windows WMI Plugin - Beta

Post by denov »

where can i download the latest version from?
tchiew

Post by tchiew »

Anyone have templates to share? I'm looking for queries for CPU and Memory usage. Thanks in advance.
werdina

Post by werdina »

I had to change some permissions to allow execution for it to run because some files had rw-rw-rw as permission. I kept getting the error
can't open 'heimdal_build/perl_path_wrapper.sh too. I also had to run dos2unix on some files because I kept getting the error /bin/sh^M:

I did the following commands inside the wmi directory

chmod 775 -R Samba/source
dos2unix Samba/source/*

Some files will not convert but you don't have to worry about that. It installed fine after this.

Thank you cigamit for this plugin.
gtkspert

Struggletown

Post by gtkspert »

Good evening,

I installed CactiEZ 0.6, configured WMI, got a good query all going fine:

Code: Select all

+ Running data query [10].
+ Found type = '6 '[script query].
+ Found data query XML file at '/var/www/html/resource/script_server/exchange_messages.xml'
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ Executing script for list of indexes '/usr/bin/php -q /var/www/html/scripts/wmi-script.php shenton02.shenton.wa.edu.au 3 exchangemessages index'
+ Executing script query '/usr/bin/php -q /var/www/html/scripts/wmi-script.php mail.shenton.wa.edu.au 3 exchangemessages query index'
+ Found item [StoreName='FirstStorageGroup-MailboxStoreMAIL'] index: FirstStorageGroup-MailboxStoreMAIL
+ Found item [StoreName='_Total'] index: _Total
+ Found data query XML file at '/var/www/html/resource/script_server/exchange_messages.xml'
But when i try to graph the query, the poller never creates the rrd.
I've got other, non-wmi queries running fine.

In the poller logs, there's no mention of the WMI scripts..

I'm lost, can anyone point me in the right direction?

I've checked:

Permissions,
Paths,
Cleared Poller Cache,
Set Debug Mode for More Information

If anyone is able to help, this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Last edited by gtkspert on Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.