Report plugin ''ReportIt" - v0.7.5a (released 23/12/11)

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Heiko
Cacti User

Post by Heiko »

Hello,

first i would like to say thank you for the new reportit, now even our hp procurve switches work fine.

One strange behaviour i noticed is that sometims I cant set a subhead on some ports,
deleting the whole report fixed that for some ports but not for all.

The other thing is that on one switch each port is reported 5 time and the values are different on some of the ports, port 1 has 800Gb and on the other port 1 there are 1,2TB.
How can I find out which are the real values? I use the "Interface - Traffic" template

thnx
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Hi Heiko!

Please ensure that you've installed that pre-patched library. A new 0.7.1 will be released soon, but I had to wait for some feedback of the community.

Best regards
-Andreas-
Hat das Blümchen einen Knick, war der Schmetterling zu dick! ;)
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Download ReportIt | Download SNMPAgent | ReportIt SVN | ReportIt Templates | Wish list
Heiko
Cacti User

Post by Heiko »

Hello,

i unzipped the file into my plugns folder, but all the console entries are still there.
Did the update went wrong?

I also got this message while unpackng:

# unzip dst_change.zip
Archive: dst_change.zip
reportit\lib_int\funct_runtime.php: mismatching "local" filename (reportit/lib_int/funct_runtime.php),
continuing with "central" filename version
warning: dst_change.zip appears to use backslashes as path separators
replace reportit/lib_int/funct_runtime.php? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: y
inflating: reportit/lib_int/funct_runtime.php
Heiko
Cacti User

Post by Heiko »

Hello,

i have a new problem now.
We would like to use the auto email report feature.
I configured a Recipients and the formant and activated every setting that says something about email. but I never got any mail from cacti, I also couldnt find anything in the logfiles?
How can i debug this?
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Hi Heiko!

Please ensure that the "Settings" plugin is installed and configured in the right way.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Download ReportIt | Download SNMPAgent | ReportIt SVN | ReportIt Templates | Wish list
Heiko
Cacti User

Post by Heiko »

Hello,

uh, sorry about that, I did a cleanup sometime ago and removed that plugins aswell.
The testemail came though.
So I should get an report tommorow, set it to daily for testing.

thnx

Heiko
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

You can also run that report manually from the CLI

Code: Select all

php .........../reportit/runtime.php <report_id>
Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Heiko
Cacti User

Post by Heiko »

Hello,

i set the frequency for the scheduled reporting to daily but I never received an email.
Should this work out of the box?
GlueGuy
Cacti User

Post by GlueGuy »

browniebraun wrote:Please ensure that you've installed that pre-patched library. A new 0.7.1 will be released soon, but I had to wait for some feedback of the community.
Is there a simple way to determine if the reportit 0.7.1 that I downloaded a few days ago (~~ 4 May 09) is the patched version or not?

Thanks for the fine work!
---------
The Glue Guy
GlueGuy
Cacti User

Post by GlueGuy »

browniebraun wrote:You can also run that report manually from the CLI

Is there a way to extract archived reports from the CLI?

The archive files are in .zip format, and are not easy to post-process, or at least not obvious to me.

We run a couple of daily reports, and we would like to extract the data to a CSV file for parsing via sed/grep.

Regards,

bp
---------
The Glue Guy
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Heiko wrote:Hello,

i set the frequency for the scheduled reporting to daily but I never received an email.
Should this work out of the box?
Hi Heiko!
Please verify that you correctly setup the cronjob and that this report has been calculated as expected.
Then check the configuration of the "Settings" plugin. Did you receive the test email, after you have clicked on "Send a Test Email" link shown in the right upper corner?
(Console->Cacti Settings =>Tab: Mail/DNS)

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

GlueGuy wrote:
browniebraun wrote:Please ensure that you've installed that pre-patched library. A new 0.7.1 will be released soon, but I had to wait for some feedback of the community.
Is there a simple way to determine if the reportit 0.7.1 that I downloaded a few days ago (~~ 4 May 09) is the patched version or not?

Thanks for the fine work!
That patch is only necessary for 0.7.0.
The current 0.7.1 release contains that bugfix ex works.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

GlueGuy wrote:
browniebraun wrote:You can also run that report manually from the CLI

Is there a way to extract archived reports from the CLI?

The archive files are in .zip format, and are not easy to post-process, or at least not obvious to me.

We run a couple of daily reports, and we would like to extract the data to a CSV file for parsing via sed/grep.

Regards,

bp
Yep. I still agree that this format is not self-explaining. Till now there's no CLI script available fulfilling your request, but it should be easy to write one. :wink:
Since 0.7.0 there are two new features built in which can help without having that CLI script. At first ReportIt now allows to export your archived report directly from the report view. This could be good enough to extract a small archive manually.
The second really interesting feature is that you can configure ReportIt to automatically archive a scheduled report and to export it additionally to an specific folder as CSV, XML or SML. This will avoid to extract your archive later as you have to do it now.
To activate that feature you to have enable it first. Therefore go to "Console->Cacti->Settings => Tab: Reports" and check "Auto Exporting".
Per default all the reports will be exported by using structured paths.
But you can also define a separate export path per report template if you like. Under "Scheduled Reporting" you'll find a new parameter in your report configuration called "Auto Generated Export", which allows to define the export format.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
GlueGuy
Cacti User

Post by GlueGuy »

But you can also define a separate export path per report template if you like. Under "Scheduled Reporting" you'll find a new parameter in your report configuration called "Auto Generated Export", which allows to define the export format.
Much thanks Andreas!

I had found part of this on the reports settings page. It was just not obvious to me where to find the reports. The structured folder names (1, 2, 3, etc.) were just not jumping out at me. I guess I was looking for files/folders with the actual names.

Finding the report ID is not too difficult, as that shows up on the browser status bar when you hover over the link. However, decoding the template number was a bit more of a challenge.

I will try these out and see if I can get my scripts going!

Oh, and thanks for the info on the version patch too!

Regards,
bp
---------
The Glue Guy
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

GlueGuy wrote: Finding the report ID is not too difficult, as that shows up on the browser status bar when you hover over the link. However, decoding the template number was a bit more of a challenge.
You don't have to use these structured paths. It's only the default. :roll:
You are allowed to define individual paths per report template, so that you can get something like that:

/exports/cpu_reports/1/...
                    /2/...
                    /3/...
        /traffic_reports/14/...
                        /27/...
Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3