Official Cacti Repository for Plugins and Templates

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

gandalf
Developer

Official Cacti Repository for Plugins and Templates

Post by gandalf »

The Cacti Group is proud to announce the official Repository for Plugins and Templates.

This service supports tag clouds to quickly find what you're searching for as well as scrollable and sortable tables of objects.

It is not meant as a replacement for the discussions in the forum but as a primary source for the current available resources.

Plugins
Plugins
You will find all officially supported (e.g. published by The Cacti Group) plugins here. The latest version is available for download, some words about the purpose, features, prerequisites, installation and usage. Some screenshots allow for a quick first glance at the plugin.

It is planned to have a version history available along with compatibility hints. Due to the young nature of the repository, there's not much history by now :wink:

We strongly encourage all Plugin Authors to add there plugins/plugin description here for download.

Templates
Templates
Same thing here. This should help users to quickly find what they are searching for. This is to avoid scrolling through numerous pages of forum posts. If you are watching frequently used templates, you know what I'm talking about.

Reinhard
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

(why isn't it under the repository tab at the top of this screen? :-) )

Also, there isn't a superlinks 0.9, and the homepage link isn't a link (but other URLs further down are OK... odd)

Great to see a structured list for the templates!
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
Some Other Cacti tweaks, including strip-graphs, icons and snmp/netflow stuff.
(Let me know if you have UK DevOps or Network Ops opportunities, too!)
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

1) What is going to be the policy for custom scripts, data queries, data input methods, etc on that site? Another section required or not allowed?

2) Any easy way for one to determine what Cacti version a template was exported with? Some sort of hash lookup table?

3) How are duplicate / similar scripts/templates going to be handled? i.e. UserX created in inferior Perl script. UserY created a superior script server script, which does the same thing. Shouldn't only the Script Server script be allowed -- due to better performance, features, templating, etc ?
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

BSOD2600 wrote: 2) Any easy way for one to determine what Cacti version a template was exported with? Some sort of hash lookup table?
Yes, the latest hash version table can be used against the first hash in the table to determine the minimum version.
[size=117][i][b]Tony Roman[/b][/i][/size]
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

rony wrote:
BSOD2600 wrote: 2) Any easy way for one to determine what Cacti version a template was exported with? Some sort of hash lookup table?
Yes, the latest hash version table can be used against the first hash in the table to determine the minimum version.
Why doesn't Cacti say something like "You need at least 0.8.7c to import this template" then?
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Howie wrote:(why isn't it under the repository tab at the top of this screen? :-) )
We discussed this just yesterday. Yes, we want to change that. But I do not have permissions to change that on my own
Also, there isn't a superlinks 0.9, and the homepage link isn't a link (but other URLs further down are OK... odd)
Sorry, my fault. I was mass-changing things and may have messed up ...
Great to see a structured list for the templates!
Please add your stuff there. I suspect you will place in some links to your site, which makes perfect sense ...

Reinhard
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Doesn't appear I (and others?) have the rights to create new pages for user templates.
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

I sent a message to J.P. to cope with that
Reinhard
Linegod
Developer

Post by Linegod »

Fixed.
--
Live fast, die young
You're sucking up my bandwidth.

J.P. Pasnak,CD
CCNA, LPIC-1
http://www.warpedsystems.sk.ca
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

Next question... :-)

Where is the actual data? If I click edit on one of the tables, I get a definition with the details of how to make the sortable table, and what fields to show etc, but I don't get any kind of list that I can change. It looks like data is pulled from some back end db...
Linegod
Developer

Post by Linegod »

It is pulled from the page via the data plugin.

At the top of every template/plugin page, there is a dataentry area. If you want to change something, change it there.
--
Live fast, die young

J.P. Pasnak,CD
CCNA, LPIC-1
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Howie, please see http://docs.cacti.net/plugins:development for instructions in how to create your own plugin page. It is linked from http://docs.cacti.net/plugins at the very top and easily skipped
Reinhard
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

During the creation of a user template page, I noticed there are 3 different types: graph, host and data. Is there going to be any clear distinction of rules on what type each page is? For example, when a user has a script that fetches data, shouldn't they be creating a User Data Template page in the wiki -- not a Graph page as the current examples?

If the user posts a graph template, shouldn't they be required to state/link the data template/data input method which the graph feeds from?
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

How does one delete files from the usertemplate space?
Linegod
Developer

Post by Linegod »

BSOD2600 wrote:During the creation of a user template page, I noticed there are 3 different types: graph, host and data. Is there going to be any clear distinction of rules on what type each page is? For example, when a user has a script that fetches data, shouldn't they be creating a User Data Template page in the wiki -- not a Graph page as the current examples?

If the user posts a graph template, shouldn't they be required to state/link the data template/data input method which the graph feeds from?
Yes, there will be clear rules, I'm working on them now ( http://docs.cacti.net/templates.guidelines )
--
Live fast, die young

J.P. Pasnak,CD
CCNA, LPIC-1