WithPeak MRTG Graphs

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

antifaction

same problem here

Post by antifaction »

Sorry to butt into this post but I have the same issue on my system. I changed the graph to show the max consolidation so I can see the spikes in the weekly and monthly graph now. But I can't to get at the data for those peaks. I want to do a 95th percentile on the max consolidation. But it shows the same 95th for average and max.

I can see the peaks in the max consolidation graph so I know the information is in the RRA but how do I run |95:bits:6:aggregate_sum:2| that on the max consolidation. I expected to just change the "Consolidation Function" to max for the comment and then it would case the 95th on the max information.
palsina

WithPeak MRTG Graphs

Post by palsina »

I have followed the suggested path in order to get Peak values with success.

However, now I'm getting the MAX value on all daily, weekly, monthly and yearly graphs.

It does not make any sense to have a MAX value on my Daily graph, as there is no data to consolidate, so MAX equals my AVERAGE value, and steps over it.

How can I add the MAX Item to all graphs except the daily one?

Thanks.
gandalf
Developer

Re: WithPeak MRTG Graphs

Post by gandalf »

palsina wrote:I have followed the suggested path in order to get Peak values with success.

However, now I'm getting the MAX value on all daily, weekly, monthly and yearly graphs.

It does not make any sense to have a MAX value on my Daily graph, as there is no data to consolidate, so MAX equals my AVERAGE value, and steps over it.

How can I add the MAX Item to all graphs except the daily one?

Thanks.
That's correct. But there's no way to work around it. My favorite solution is to graph an AREA (e.g. light green) for AVERAGE and a LINE1 (e.g. dark green) for MAX. Makes nices graphs, IMHO
Reinhard
palsina

Post by palsina »

gandalf wrote:That's correct. But there's no way to work around it. My favorite solution is to graph an AREA (e.g. light green) for AVERAGE and a LINE1 (e.g. dark green) for MAX. Makes nices graphs, IMHO
Reinhard
Yes, this workaround actually works and produces nice graphs. Thanks.
p_a_l_o

Post by p_a_l_o »

palsina wrote:
gandalf wrote:That's correct. But there's no way to work around it. My favorite solution is to graph an AREA (e.g. light green) for AVERAGE and a LINE1 (e.g. dark green) for MAX. Makes nices graphs, IMHO
Reinhard
Yes, this workaround actually works and produces nice graphs. Thanks.
Can you please share your template o "Withpeak traffic graph"? Thanks a lot.
palsina

Post by palsina »

I'm not sure how to upload a template in text form without accessing directly the DB, so here is a screenshot of the relevant part. Please let me know how to export it otherwise.

Please note items #9 and #10 on Graph items.
Attachments
Cacti-graph-template.jpg
Cacti-graph-template.jpg (97.17 KiB) Viewed 1365 times