WinXP-Win8, Win2000-Server 2012 x32/x64 Templates

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

G0dSmack
Cacti User

Post by G0dSmack »

Ok give me some time. I have just upgraded to the latest cacti 0.8.7d I will let everything run for a while and verify that everything works. I will then export and upload my templates again.
Lien

Post by Lien »

Been running your pluggins over the weekend & I seem to be getting strange read/disk time seem to reported back, running at 666% (666 the number of the beast :) :lol:) is there anyway of capping this at 150%?

I am using 0.8.7d monitoring a Win 2003 server.
Attachments
Screen Grab
Screen Grab
screen grab.PNG (34.95 KiB) Viewed 11614 times
G0dSmack
Cacti User

Post by G0dSmack »

Ok. For everyone Here is v5 of the templates that have been exported from 0.8.7d cacti. I would number one remove all data sources that run using my templates. Then delete all templates going into each of data queries, graph templates, and data templates. Now import all of the attaches templates again. At the very least I would remove all data sources. The reporting of more than 100% of disk usage was cleared up from what I have seen since the post of the templates on March 5th. I am running these templates on 100's of highly used servers on SAN backends as well as DAS. I am no longer getting higher than 100%. However I have seen where reads and writes will go as high as 100% each at any given time. You can verify what you are getting by running perfmon on the machine and you should see the same numbers getting reported. Enjoy! Let me know if you see any issues.
Attachments
Cacti_SNMP_INFORMANT_STD_W32_Metrics_v5.zip
(34.95 KiB) Downloaded 1840 times
Lien

Post by Lien »

I'll get them in tonight. I'll let them run for a few days & see what I get back ;)

Thank you for your work :) Your templates have pretty much killed of any day checks I have to do on 4/5 servers. I can now spend theses extra few minutes planning world domination or something :)
ahtshun83
Cacti User

Post by ahtshun83 »

G0dSmack wrote:Ok. For everyone Here is v5 of the templates that have been exported from 0.8.7d cacti. I would number one remove all data sources that run using my templates. Then delete all templates going into each of data queries, graph templates, and data templates. Now import all of the attaches templates again. At the very least I would remove all data sources. The reporting of more than 100% of disk usage was cleared up from what I have seen since the post of the templates on March 5th. I am running these templates on 100's of highly used servers on SAN backends as well as DAS. I am no longer getting higher than 100%. However I have seen where reads and writes will go as high as 100% each at any given time. You can verify what you are getting by running perfmon on the machine and you should see the same numbers getting reported. Enjoy! Let me know if you see any issues.
hi,

can anyone provide a basic guide to make this template work? I tried to import but nothing happen..pls help....
Lien

Post by Lien »

ahtshun83 wrote: hi,

can anyone provide a basic guide to make this template work? I tried to import but nothing happen..pls help....
Read the 1st post on the 1st page & follow the instructions to get the templates in. You need to make sure you have 'informant' installed on the server/workstation & have enabled SNMP(Click here for instructions on page 10)

When you now add a host (or edit a current host) you can scroll down to the bottom in Associated Data Queries & add the templates from there. (see screen attached)

If have not set up SNMP or installed informant on the server it will not work. Just so you know set-up SNMP on the server BEFORE you install informant. When its done the otherway round it never seemed to work for me :)
Attachments
test.png
test.png (10.83 KiB) Viewed 11534 times
G0dSmack
Cacti User

Post by G0dSmack »

Lien wrote:

Read the 1st post on the 1st page & follow the instructions to get the templates in. You need to make sure you have 'informant' installed on the server/workstation & have enabled SNMP(Click here for instructions on page 10)

When you now add a host (or edit a current host) you can scroll down to the bottom in Associated Data Queries & add the templates from there. (see screen attached)

If have not set up SNMP or installed informant on the server it will not work. Just so you know set-up SNMP on the server BEFORE you install informant. When its done the otherway round it never seemed to work for me :)
Thanks Lien,
I thought about this yesterday as well. That in my instructions I failed to tell everyone to install SNMP first and configure it, and then install SNMP-Informant. So thanks for filling in for my slacking. :)
ahtshun83
Cacti User

Post by ahtshun83 »

Lien wrote:

i have enable snmp on Win2k3 then install snmp informant std v1.6. I copied snmp_informant_*.xml to /cacti/resources/snmp_queries. then i import cacti_data_query_w32_*.xml using cacti web. it didnt tell me whether any error or successfully imported...under a host, i cant find a new "associated data queries" as per your screenshot...

this is where i stucked..

please help!!
Creatus

Post by Creatus »

ahtshun83 wrote:
i have enable snmp on Win2k3 then install snmp informant std v1.6. I copied snmp_informant_*.xml to /cacti/resources/snmp_queries. then i import cacti_data_query_w32_*.xml using cacti web. it didnt tell me whether any error or successfully imported...under a host, i cant find a new "associated data queries" as per your screenshot...

this is where i stucked..

please help!!
I have same problem, except I got success when I imported Cacti_data_query_w32_*.xml files. There isn't any W32 templates in Associated Data Queries section.

I can see that those xml files are imported to Graph Templates and Data Templates, but can't use them. (See attachments)

[EDIT] Just noticed that those files were just named to SNMP - SNMP informant *. I just feel so blind now.
ahtshun83
Cacti User

Post by ahtshun83 »

anyone pls help me?
ahtshun83
Cacti User

Post by ahtshun83 »

ahtshun83 wrote:anyone pls help me?
i tried all suggested solutions but i still could not import those xml files..it didnt prompt/tell whether any error or successful while importing..i cannot find those template either inside graph or data...

anyone can help me?can this template(memory) monitor user memory?
G0dSmack
Cacti User

Post by G0dSmack »

Have you tried to delete all of the templates and start from scratch?
Under Data Queries remove all SNMP - Informant .... templates
Under Graph Templates remove all W32 .... templates
Under Data Templates remove all W32 .... templates.

Also remove all of the devices that you are trying to use these templates on and delete all RRD's and graphs. Download the version 6 templates and Copy the snmp_informant_*.xml files to your cacti /resource/snmp_queries directory on your cacti box. Import the cacti_data_query_snmp_-_informant_*.xml files into the cacti web interface. Try all of this and hopefully you will be rolling.
Attachments
Cacti_SNMP_INFORMANT_STD_W32_Metrics_v6.zip
(38.45 KiB) Downloaded 1841 times
Lien

Post by Lien »

G0dSmack, I've just re-built my cacti machine from skratch (HD formatted, Fresh Windows XP install) & can't see anything wrong with getting your templates to import into Cacti. They import 100% O.K. :)

I think ahtshun83's problem is lack of understanding on what to do. I'll try & write up a quick how to at the weekend if I have time :)
ahtshun83
Cacti User

Post by ahtshun83 »

Lien wrote:G0dSmack, I've just re-built my cacti machine from skratch (HD formatted, Fresh Windows XP install) & can't see anything wrong with getting your templates to import into Cacti. They import 100% O.K. :)

I think ahtshun83's problem is lack of understanding on what to do. I'll try & write up a quick how to at the weekend if I have time :)
Hi Lien,

when u import those templates inside Cacti web,did u receive any message saying that it is succesful or u need to check under template section?

one more question...does the memory template which created by godsmack will display out only logon user memory usage for Linux box? currently i'm using UCD/Net memory usage however it displays all users + system memory..u may refer to this post to understand what i mean http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=31893
my boss request for this ....pls help!!

anyway,i'm looking forward for your guide..really appreciated ur effort and thank you..
ahtshun83
Cacti User

Post by ahtshun83 »

G0dSmack wrote:Have you tried to delete all of the templates and start from scratch?
Under Data Queries remove all SNMP - Informant .... templates
Under Graph Templates remove all W32 .... templates
Under Data Templates remove all W32 .... templates.

Also remove all of the devices that you are trying to use these templates on and delete all RRD's and graphs. Download the version 6 templates and Copy the snmp_informant_*.xml files to your cacti /resource/snmp_queries directory on your cacti box. Import the cacti_data_query_snmp_-_informant_*.xml files into the cacti web interface. Try all of this and hopefully you will be rolling.
i have checked and deleted any templated regarding to W32....and try to copy/import again....however i didnt get any luck...will it be permission issue?
after import,do i need to create data/graph template,any data queries or it will created W32 by itself?