WinXP-Win8, Win2000-Server 2012 x32/x64 Templates

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

candy

Post by candy »

hi G0dSmack,
can you send me a copy of you test software?it's look so cool

Cacti User

Post by G0dSmack »

claymen wrote:
G0dSmack wrote:Anyone found any issues with these? I am open to any ideas as well.
I like the look of the graph templates. I may have to borrow some of the ideas and port them to use WMI :)
Feel free man....Let me know how they work and I may switch over to using WMI as well.
G0dSmack
Cacti User

Post by G0dSmack »

neroZ wrote:
neroZ wrote:
dklima wrote:When I try to import the templates I got the following error:

Code: Select all

Error: XML: Hash version does not exist.
Same problem here... Cacti 0.8.7b
Solved by upgrading to 0.8.7d.

Now it is another issue....

ERROR: opening '/usr/home/cacti/rra/10_0_12_12_yosh_515.rrd': No such file or directory 
Looks like .rrd files aren't generated...
I am actually using version 0.8.7c without issues. Did you guys get this figured out. Sorry I have been away for a while again.
G0dSmack
Cacti User

Post by G0dSmack »

candy wrote:hi G0dSmack,
can you send me a copy of you test software?it's look so cool

Post by spike100 »

Hiya,
Downloaded the templates the other day. Very straight foward to set up and use. Had them up and running in no time. Great work!

They've only been running for just over a day and I've spotted a strange graph... On certain disk Percent Usage graphs the Disk Read time plus the disk write time is more than 100%. The Read and Write values appear to be 'stacked', which is great as long ay they don't add up to more than 100 :D

Either I've got a problem with my values

or

The fact these are SAN drives and the rear/write cache on the SAN is skewing the figures...

Anyone have any ideas?

Spike
Attachments
Disk Read Time + Write Time > 100%
Disk Read Time + Write Time > 100%
cacti1.png (33.08 KiB) Viewed 11889 times
Disk Read Time + Write Time < 100%
Disk Read Time + Write Time < 100%
cacti2.png (37.11 KiB) Viewed 11889 times
G0dSmack
Cacti User

Post by G0dSmack »

which templates did you grab? The last ones that I posted?
spike100

Post by spike100 »

G0dSmack wrote:which templates did you grab? The last ones that I posted?
Yep, I used the ones from your 5th March posting.

I've been thinking about this over night and I think I now understand why it's happening. The SAN drives in question are dual ported so therefor are full-duplex. This would permit read and write requests down both channels and could generate the situation where the combined read totals add up to more than 100% when drawn as 'stacked' (ie added together) graphs. This wouldn't happen for traditional, single ported drives.

I'm not very familiar with Cacti yet, I'm new to it from MRTG. A fix feels a bit tricky to implement as I have a mixture of single and dual ported drives. If the vaules were plotted non-stacked (ie not added together) single ported drives vaules would have a maximum of only 50% for each value. Alternatively the read write values for dual ported drives could be divided by two, but that would only apply to a certain number of drives.

Your clearly have far more experience with Cacti than me, do you have any ideas on a solution? I've yet to delve too deeply into configuration of the graphs within Cacti :o

Cheers

Spike
ahtshun83
Cacti User

Post by ahtshun83 »

hi godsmack,

i tried to import the template from Cacti web console but nothing happen...how do i know whether it is succesful or failed...no error on log...

pls help..i intend to use to monitor Win2k3 memory usage....
G0dSmack
Cacti User

Post by G0dSmack »

ahtshun83 wrote:hi godsmack,

i tried to import the template from Cacti web console but nothing happen...how do i know whether it is succesful or failed...no error on log...

pls help..i intend to use to monitor Win2k3 memory usage....
Did you have any luck? Follow the steps a few pages back.
G0dSmack
Cacti User

Post by G0dSmack »

spike100 wrote:
G0dSmack wrote:which templates did you grab? The last ones that I posted?
Yep, I used the ones from your 5th March posting.

I've been thinking about this over night and I think I now understand why it's happening. The SAN drives in question are dual ported so therefor are full-duplex. This would permit read and write requests down both channels and could generate the situation where the combined read totals add up to more than 100% when drawn as 'stacked' (ie added together) graphs. This wouldn't happen for traditional, single ported drives.

I'm not very familiar with Cacti yet, I'm new to it from MRTG. A fix feels a bit tricky to implement as I have a mixture of single and dual ported drives. If the vaules were plotted non-stacked (ie not added together) single ported drives vaules would have a maximum of only 50% for each value. Alternatively the read write values for dual ported drives could be divided by two, but that would only apply to a certain number of drives.

Your clearly have far more experience with Cacti than me, do you have any ideas on a solution? I've yet to delve too deeply into configuration of the graphs within Cacti :o

Cheers

Spike

You get it figured out. I actually ended up seeing something the same as you did. The Reads were almost 100% and so were the writes. So it was almost 200%. This has only occurred one time for me out of about 50 servers that I monitor using these templates.
Lien

Post by Lien »

I've used your templates to get information from my P.C servers, but it looks like some of the servers are reporting the wrong information back.

I have deleted the RRA files & removed, re-added, re-booted the servers & cacti box, but they still give strange information back.

Example of this is the C drive on one of the servers is show as 40G & 0GB used. This machine only has a 15GB C drive & 8GB is used. The graph for the D drive is fine.

The thing I find strange is that I am monitoring 16 P.C's & its only 4/5 of them that are reporting the wrong information. Where do I need to look to start de-bugging this problem? There are no errors in the cacti.log file. I would assume the problem is with the servers & not with cacti or your templates. If the problem was your templates or cacti I would have a problem with all of the machines :)
G0dSmack
Cacti User

Post by G0dSmack »

Post a screenshot and let me see what you are looking at so I can try to figure out if I can duplicate it.
Lien

Post by Lien »

G0dSmack wrote:Post a screenshot and let me see what you are looking at so I can try to figure out if I can duplicate it.

:oops: I was using the 'Host MIB - Available Disk Space' template & not yours. So I think the problem was between the chair & keyboard.... :lol:

I'll run your template for few hours & see if I get the same result. You can tell after a few polls it was returning the wrong information back with the other template.
G0dSmack
Cacti User

Post by G0dSmack »

Cool. Let me know if you have any issues with my templates. And good luck learning this great monitoring tool.
neroZ

Post by neroZ »

G0dSmack wrote:
neroZ wrote:
neroZ wrote: Same problem here... Cacti 0.8.7b
Solved by upgrading to 0.8.7d.

Now it is another issue....

ERROR: opening '/usr/home/cacti/rra/10_0_12_12_yosh_515.rrd': No such file or directory 
Looks like .rrd files aren't generated...
I am actually using version 0.8.7c without issues. Did you guys get this figured out. Sorry I have been away for a while again.
Hi, G0dSmack.

I see... But last stable version is 0.8.7d, and a lot of other templates/plugins REQUIRE updating to last version. For example, in my system I have couple of plugins, which working ONLY with 0.8.7d. So, there is no possibility to downgrade, and actually - there is no reason. Your templates are very good, but, please, let them work with last stable version.

thank you for your contribution!