Acme Packet Net-Net 4000 series SIP agent sessions

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

ambrose

Acme Packet Net-Net 4000 series SIP agent sessions

Post by ambrose »

This is a template I put together to graph and index SIP agent sessions on the Acme Packet Net-Net 4000.

This template required a data query based on an indexed value because I found that every time a new SIP agent was added to the SBC, the OID changed for all previously monitored SIP agents.

Thanks to the Cacti team for developing such an elegant and thoughtful open source application. I am continuously impressed by its scalability, functionality and usefulness. Every time I think of a feature I might need in my graphing or polling, I discover it already built into Cacti. Thank you.
Attachments
Example Graph.
Example Graph.
graph.png (34.83 KiB) Viewed 7377 times
sbc sip agent session template.zip
(9.01 KiB) Downloaded 717 times
acmeuser

Post by acmeuser »

Hi Ambrose,

I have some ACME SDs here that I would like to poll and get the same sort of output you have for the Session Agents.

I am a newbie to Cacti, and I have downloaded your scripts but can't workout what to do with them to make this work.

Are you able to put a bit of a cheat sheet together that explains the steps to load these files?

Thanks.
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Thanks for posting this. We now encourage contributors to publish their work at the central cacti repository at http://docs.cacti.net/templates
Reinhard
syl0739

Acme SD CPU Utilization

Post by syl0739 »

Hi,

I'm wondering. Have you able to capture the Acme 4250 CPU utilization. Have tried, but the reading is always inaccurate. At time, it reaches more than 100% cpu utilization.

The OID: .1.3.6.1.4.1.9148.3.2.1.1.1.0

Thanks & Rdgs...
Sylvester
joseme
Cacti User

acme

Post by joseme »

I have a ACME , too, so your OID is OK, have you defined in the menu "DATA TEmplate" ---"data source item"--->Data source type as GAUGE?, my ACME have only around 10% of CPU usage, and is OK.
syl0739

Acme CPU

Post by syl0739 »

Hi,

The data source type has been set to Gauge, but the strange thing is it always reaches to the 100% utilization and maintain that quite a while.
We have set the poller interval at every minute.

We're trying to perform some load-testing on the Acme-SD.
Attached is the graph.

Thanks & Rdgs...
Sylvester
Attachments
Acme SD CPU graph
Acme SD CPU graph
Cacti_Acme_CPU.JPG (135.97 KiB) Viewed 6787 times
joseme
Cacti User

acme

Post by joseme »

hi.
This is a capture of my ACME CPU utilizaction and my template. I see in the maximun in your capture a strange value "14050", also some "gaps"...but do you see that High CPU in your ACME manager?,(I mean in your ACME EMS manager).
Attachments
CAPTURE
CAPTURE
ACME-SBC.JPG (55.19 KiB) Viewed 6758 times
cacti_graph_template_acme_packet_-_cpu_usage.xml
Template for ACME CPU usage
(12.73 KiB) Downloaded 765 times
syl0739

Acme CPU Utilization

Post by syl0739 »

Hi,

sorry for the late response.

Yes. The ACME EMS did captured the high cpu utilization during the load testing. However, I aslo did see the the cpu utilization is going up and down when I console in to the Acme device.
As what you have mentioned. The strange thing is value looks like it is accumlating

Still figuring it why....

Thanks & Rdgs...
Sylvester
praxis

Re: Acme Packet Net-Net 4000 series SIP agent sessions

Post by praxis »

Thanks for the templates. When trying to create SIP agent sessions graphs for an ACME unit on my network, it asks me for OIDs, index value and type...any idea where I can find these? The included snmp-query xml appears to already have the necessary OIDs, so I'm wondering what to input on a per graph or device basis? I guessed at a few values but dont seem to be getting it right.

Btw, I can snmpwalk the device just fine from the host on which cacti runs, and see the values I want

Thanks in advance