Plugin images missing

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Caracarn

Plugin images missing

Post by Caracarn »

I have just migrated from a Windows install to running Cacti on an Ubuntu server.

The plugins and versions are below.

Ubuntu Server 8.04

Cacti 0.8.7d
Thold 4.1
Monitor 0.8.2
Settings 0.5
Clog 1.21

Everything is running as I want it with no errors in the logs.

Unfortunately I am having issues with the graphics in the header where the tabs are located. When I click any of the plugin tabs at the top of the pages the tabs on the right 'Tree View', 'List View' and 'Preview View' disappear and have a red cross on them, as if the images weren't available. This does not happen when I click the Console or Graphs tab. I have also noticed that the Cacti logo on the grey background tends to jump around depending on what tab I click and when it's the monitor tab the logo appears on either side of the tab, but not behind it.

When I installed Cacti I followed a guide on the net which told me to apply the patches found here http://www.cacti.net/downloads/patches/0.8.7d/ which I did without any problems. I then tried to install PA using the .diff patch but got an error (sorry can't recall what it was), so I copied over the pre-patched files. When I noticed the graphics problems I then tried to re-apply the patches thinking that the PA files had replaced old files, but it won't let me saying the patches are already applied.

As the problem only occurs with the plugin tabs I assume it is a PA problem and have recopied the PA files back into the Cacti dir but it hasnt made any difference.

Plugin management says everything installed and enabled except Settings and Monitor which it says are "Old plugin architecture - running".

Should I just cut my losses and reinstall Cacti or can I fix this problem?

Thanks for your help.
Attachments
CactiHeader.JPG
CactiHeader.JPG (39.71 KiB) Viewed 2623 times
mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

Search the forums. This error has been posted quite a few times, and there is even a replacement for top_graph_header.php which is the affected file.

Regds
Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
RRDTool Version RRDTool 1.4.7
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b
Caracarn

Post by Caracarn »

Thanks for the heads up, I fixed the problem following this post http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=31443

I normally do a search this stuff but moving to a unix server I wasnt sure if it was a unix problem (permissions etc), a cacti problem or a PA problem.

Thanks again. :D