[solved] Graph times are out by hours

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Caracarn

[solved] Graph times are out by hours

Post by Caracarn »

Hello, I installed Cacti using the Windows installer on a virtualised 2003 server. The server is configured with the correct time and zone and when I view the Cacti log the times associated with Spine are correct but the entries for System Stats and the times that appear on the graphs are a whole other time zone, it's out by about -9 hours.

Below are a couple of entries from the log.

01/11/2009 10:46:23 PM - SYSTEM STATS: Time:23.5505 Method:spine Processes:2 Threads:2 Hosts:99 HostsPerProcess:50 DataSources:267 RRDsProcessed:152
01/12/2009 07:46:14 AM - SPINE: Poller[0] Host[80] Hostnanme[xx.xx.xx.xx] NOTICE: HOST EVENT: Host Returned from DOWN State

How can I tell Cacti to use the correct time/zone?
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Existing php installations? search for php.ini and remove all others except for c:\php\php.ini.

Inside php.ini, you'll find the settings to adjust timezone info.
Caracarn

Post by Caracarn »

Updated php.ini with the timezone and rebooted, problem fixed.

Thanks!
Caracarn

Timezone incorrect after reinstall of 0.8.7c

Post by Caracarn »

Hello,
I had 0.8.7c working beautifully and yesterday I upgraded to 0.8.7d. To coincide with this upgrade I did a fresh install because I wanted to switch to IIS instead of Apache as we were looking at installing some MS software that uses IIS.

Long story short I had permission issues, timezone issues and graph issues that I spent the day trying to resolve and ultimately caused me to delete the whole installation, remove IIS and reinstall Cacti 0.8.7c with Apache again using the Windows installer.

Everything is fixed and data is appearing in my graphs but I still have the timezone issue where the time is showing as being 9 hours behind. The last time I had this I went to php.ini and added Australia/Perth to date.timezone, rebooted the PC and the problem fixed but this time it has not made any difference.

In the Cacti log file Spine shows the correct time but the System Stats, graphs and Monitor plugin do not.

Any help appreciated.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

1) you really should be using cacti 0.8.7d still. some serious bugs in 0.8.7c.

2) Does a phpinfo page show the correct time?
Caracarn

Post by Caracarn »

I'm not sure how to bring up a phpinfo page but I went to the System Utilities/Technical Support page and saw the following

PHP Information
PHP Version 5.2.6
PHP OS WINNT
PHP uname Windows NT XXX 5.2 build 3790
PHP SNMP Installed
max_execution_time 30
memory_limit 128M

and

date
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

date/time support enabled
"Olson" Timezone Database Version 2008.2
Timezone Database internal
Default timezone UTC

Directive Local Value Master Value
date.default_latitude 31.7667 31.7667
date.default_longitude 35.2333 35.2333
date.sunrise_zenith 90.583333 90.583333
date.sunset_zenith 90.583333 90.583333
date.timezone no value no value

Which seems to indicate that it isnt reading the timezone info from c:\php\php.ini.

I've done a search and that is the only php.ini file on my system.

I've rebooted the server A number of times so would have expected it to have read the ini setting by now.
Caracarn

Post by Caracarn »

Fixed!

For some reason by default the date.timezone entry in php.ini is commented out using a ';'. So while I had added the timezone details php was ignoring this variable. Removed ';' and rebooted and now the timezone info is showing 'Australia/Perth' on the Technical Support page.

I'm sure I didnt have to do that last time I installed Cacti otherwise I would have picked it up sooner.

Thanks again BSOD, you're always very helpful.

:D