Weathermap doesn't auto refresh page

Support questions about the Network Weather Map plugin

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

DaDaemon

Weathermap doesn't auto refresh page

Post by DaDaemon »

When I open up a weathermap it sometimes won't put the refresh page in the header of the page. This way the image will never refresh.

Anyone has any idea how to solve this?
Starting with Cacti -.-
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Re: Weathermap doesn't auto refresh page

Post by Howie »

DaDaemon wrote:When I open up a weathermap it sometimes won't put the refresh page in the header of the page. This way the image will never refresh.

Anyone has any idea how to solve this?
If you mean from the Weathermaps tab in Cacti, then all it does is call Cacti's own "write a HTML header including the refresh" function... is it on a specific view (thumbnail, full screen, list of full-size)?
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
Some Other Cacti tweaks, including strip-graphs, icons and snmp/netflow stuff.
(Let me know if you have UK DevOps or Network Ops opportunities, too!)
DaDaemon

Post by DaDaemon »

Hmmm... Ok Howie. But how can I add a refresh then?

I want to put a specific weathermap (Weathermap Tab -> Click on a weathermap) to refresh after 5 minutes so I can quickly see problems in the network.

Edit: Found the problem! When I start Cacti and go directly to the Weathermap it won't add the refresh. If I go to a graph in the graphs tab and then go to the weathermap it will refresh.

Strange!
Starting with Cacti -.-
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

DaDaemon wrote:Hmmm... Ok Howie. But how can I add a refresh then?

I want to put a specific weathermap (Weathermap Tab -> Click on a weathermap) to refresh after 5 minutes so I can quickly see problems in the network.

Edit: Found the problem! When I start Cacti and go directly to the Weathermap it won't add the refresh. If I go to a graph in the graphs tab and then go to the weathermap it will refresh.

Strange!
Can you clarify please? Do you mean that if you view the map as a guest user, or do you mean that after logging in you still need to view a graph first? :-?
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
DaDaemon

Post by DaDaemon »

Ok. Let's start from the beginning.

I start my browser and point it to cacti.
I log in as admin and cacti shows me the console tab.
I click on the weathermap tab.
I click on one of my two created weathermaps.
If I look at the source I see this.

Code: Select all

<html>
<head>
	<title>cacti</title>
		<link href="/cacti/include/main.css" rel="stylesheet">
	<link href="include/favicon.ico" rel="image/x-icon">
	<link rel="shortcut icon" href="include/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">

<script type="text/javascript" src="/cacti/include/treeview/ua.js"></script>
	<script type="text/javascript" src="/cacti/include/treeview/ftiens4.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/cacti/include/jscalendar/calendar.js"></script>
	<script type="text/javascript" src="/cacti/include/jscalendar/lang/calendar-en.js"></script>
	<script type="text/javascript" src="/cacti/include/jscalendar/calendar-setup.js"></script>
</head>
Then I click on the graphs tab.
I click on the weathermap tab.
I click on one of my two created weathermaps.
If I look at the source I see this.

<html>
<head>
	<title>cacti</title>
	<meta http-equiv=refresh content='60'>
	<link href="/cacti/include/main.css" rel="stylesheet">
	<link href="include/favicon.ico" rel="image/x-icon">
	<link rel="shortcut icon" href="include/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">

<script type="text/javascript" src="/cacti/include/treeview/ua.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/cacti/include/treeview/ftiens4.js"></script>
	<script type="text/javascript" src="/cacti/include/jscalendar/calendar.js"></script>
	<script type="text/javascript" src="/cacti/include/jscalendar/lang/calendar-en.js"></script>
	<script type="text/javascript" src="/cacti/include/jscalendar/calendar-setup.js"></script>
</head>
I hope this clears some dust from my posts :)
Starting with Cacti -.-
dreamonxu

Post by dreamonxu »

Thank you . Now my weathermap works very well . Thanks again.
Arron

Post by Arron »

Mine says it refreshes after 300 seconds even though I changed it to every 5 within Configuration/Settings/Misc.

<title>Cacti - Weathermap</title>
	<meta http-equiv=refresh content='300'>
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

Arron wrote:Mine says it refreshes after 300 seconds even though I changed it to every 5 within Configuration/Settings/Misc.

<title>Cacti - Weathermap</title>
	<meta http-equiv=refresh content='300'>
That setting is for cycling through maps. If you hit the 'Automatically Cycle' link in the top right, then you will indeed get a new map displayed every 5 seconds. It will still only be recalculated once every poller cycle though.
fmerrill

Post by fmerrill »

That actually brought to mind a 'Hold' and 'Resume' feature for when cycling is turned on.
In the event someone has thier system set to cycle through maps at a fast interval, and sees a map with something 'red' (or for whatever reason) they may want to hold that map, to take a longer look.
Of course, since most people probably do not have that fast of a refresh cycle, it may be a wasted effort.
If ever implemented, maybe it could be turned on and off with a check box in the settings menu, and of course only ever display when in auto cycle mode anyway.
gsaray101
Cacti User

can you create maps based on aggregate graphs

Post by gsaray101 »

can you create maps based on aggregate grapsh. For example, I would like to be able to look at my total inbound and outbound traffic from diffrent routers. Can I add different routers interface outbound and inbound traffic?
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Re: can you create maps based on aggregate graphs

Post by Howie »

gsaray101 wrote:can you create maps based on aggregate grapsh. For example, I would like to be able to look at my total inbound and outbound traffic from diffrent routers. Can I add different routers interface outbound and inbound traffic?
Not sure what it has to do with map refresh, but yes, you can. Just list all the targets one after another, separated by spaces. You can do some basic math even (e.g. this input - that output + 2 x that input)
gsaray101
Cacti User

aggregate traffic map

Post by gsaray101 »

Hi Howie:

I tried this:

have 8 routers. I create links from all of these to an ISP and then internet. I tried to add all of the rrds to internet link from ISP. But, outbound data seem to be showing inbound and vise versa. any ideas?
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Re: aggregate traffic map

Post by Howie »

gsaray101 wrote:Hi Howie:

I tried this:

have 8 routers. I create links from all of these to an ISP and then internet. I tried to add all of the rrds to internet link from ISP. But, outbound data seem to be showing inbound and vise versa. any ideas?
If the interfaces are on the routers, then their out is the in on the internet link, so you need to flip the DS names in each target:

TARGET blah.rrd:traffic_out:traffic_in

so that it treats in as out and out as in.

Or, change the link from the ISP to the internet to be from the internet to the ISP (swap the NODES order around).
gsaray101
Cacti User

weathermap

Post by gsaray101 »

Hi Howie:

I realy like this plugin. I would like to know all of the capabilities. Is there a doc somewhere that goes through all of this. For example, target blah.rrd:traffic_out:traffic_in
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Re: weathermap

Post by Howie »

gsaray101 wrote:Hi Howie:

I realy like this plugin. I would like to know all of the capabilities. Is there a doc somewhere that goes through all of this. For example, target blah.rrd:traffic_out:traffic_in
Yes. Look in the docs folder where you installed it! There's pages and pages of manual.

Look at http://www.network-weathermap.com/docs/ where there are more articles about various features.