Report plugin ''ReportIt" - v0.7.5a (released 23/12/11)

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Heiko
Cacti User

Post by Heiko »

browniebraun wrote:
Heiko wrote:I would like to create a report for our HP ProCurve switches..
Problem seems to be that there are no seperate data templates,
I onlye the the "Interface - Traffic (bits/sc) " in the HostTemplate but not under "Data Templates".
Therefore I cant select the "Interface - Traffic (bits/sc)" when I create a new graph.

How can I get through this?
I attached a screenshot of the host template.

thx and greetings
Mhmm... I never tried this before. I'll have to test it first.

Best regards
-Andreas-
Hello Andreas,

did you had a chance to look into that matter?

thx

Heiko
xefil
Cacti User

Post by xefil »

Hello!

Thank's for this great plugin.
I use it for generating reports on traffic interfaces. I've only a question. I need to generate this kind of report on aggregate traffic.
In example, I have a lot of traffic interfaces of my coustomers. I need to generate some reports on the sum of all traffic interfaces. Is it possible or planned to implement this feature? Of course the traffic interfaces have the same name for datasources and are using the same template (if that could help).
This to implement a type of report referring to all traffic of coustomers or wathever I want to consider aggregate.

Thank's a lot!

Simon
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Heiko wrote:
browniebraun wrote:
Heiko wrote:I would like to create a report for our HP ProCurve switches..
Problem seems to be that there are no seperate data templates,
I onlye the the "Interface - Traffic (bits/sc) " in the HostTemplate but not under "Data Templates".
Therefore I cant select the "Interface - Traffic (bits/sc)" when I create a new graph.

How can I get through this?
I attached a screenshot of the host template.

thx and greetings
Mhmm... I never tried this before. I'll have to test it first.

Best regards
-Andreas-
Hello Andreas,

did you had a chance to look into that matter?

thx

Heiko
Not yet,
sorry. :-(
Hat das Blümchen einen Knick, war der Schmetterling zu dick! ;)
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Download ReportIt | Download SNMPAgent | ReportIt SVN | ReportIt Templates | Wish list
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

xefil wrote:Hello!

Thank's for this great plugin.
I use it for generating reports on traffic interfaces. I've only a question. I need to generate this kind of report on aggregate traffic.
In example, I have a lot of traffic interfaces of my coustomers. I need to generate some reports on the sum of all traffic interfaces. Is it possible or planned to implement this feature? Of course the traffic interfaces have the same name for datasources and are using the same template (if that could help).
This to implement a type of report referring to all traffic of coustomers or wathever I want to consider aggregate.

Thank's a lot!

Simon
Mmmh....
Simon I think you should give me some time to answer to your private message before starting with cross-postings. :roll:
ReportIt does not support the features of Aggregate. Till now every data item will be handled separately and ReportIt only offers the possibility to show the sum per column within the report view.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Download ReportIt | Download SNMPAgent | ReportIt SVN | ReportIt Templates | Wish list
xefil
Cacti User

Post by xefil »

browniebraun wrote:
Mmmh....
Simon I think you should give me some time to answer to your private message before starting with cross-postings. :roll:
You're right, btw after writing you a PM I've thought maybe my question _could_ be interested for everyone ;-)
browniebraun wrote: ReportIt does not support the features of Aggregate. Till now every data item will be handled separately and ReportIt only offers the possibility to show the sum per column within the report view.
That's ok! I'll look forward if something like this could be implemented.
Meanwhile thank's for the answer and for this plugin! :-)

Have a nice day!

Simon
Dacob9906
Cacti User

Post by Dacob9906 »

I am having some issues after installing this plugin. the install worked great, but when I go to create a report template, I have a very select few of data templates to choose from. I was wondering why all of my data templates wouldn't be showing up from the pulldown menu when creating a report template. Thanks for the help :)
Jacob Bergman
Pullman School District
jbergman@psd267.wednet.edu

Operating System: winserv 2003
Webserver: IIS 6.0
Cacti: BETA windows installer 1.5 (BSOD2600)
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Are you missing data templates which are still in use? ReportIt recudes the lists automatically to that ones which are in use. (This didn't change since v0.1)

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
killshoot
Cacti User

Post by killshoot »

Hi browniebraun,

I use cacti since two years and I really want (need) to implement your great plugin.

My problem is that I (like lot of user) can't find any doc about your plugin.

I've found some answers on the forum, but lot of people always refer to your powerpoint that is unfortunately no more available.

My questions are the following :

- Is there a tutorial or doc for this plugin
- Where can I find the original powerpoint? In fact it may be outdated, but for always really good for newbie like me.
- Any release date for v0.7.0 ;-)

Best regards,

Vince
Dwarf

Post by Dwarf »

killshoot wrote:Hi browniebraun,

I use cacti since two years and I really want (need) to implement your great plugin.

I've found some answers on the forum, but lot of people always refer to your powerpoint that is unfortunately no more available.

- Where can I find the original powerpoint? In fact it may be outdated, but for always really good for newbie like me.

Best regards,

Vince
Hi browniebraun,

I'am exactly in the same way

I've installed your plugin in my Cacti server (upgraded into the 0.8.7c version) and I can't find any doc to guide me.

Thanks for your great job, I hope you could help us :)

Dwarf
(french user)
Dacob9906
Cacti User

Post by Dacob9906 »

Hi Browniebraun,

The only data templates I am able to select are a few cisco ones, some are and aren't in use, and some APC UPS templates I imported a long time ago and most of them are in use for graphs.

I hope this answered your question. Thanks!
Jacob Bergman
Pullman School District
jbergman@psd267.wednet.edu

Operating System: winserv 2003
Webserver: IIS 6.0
Cacti: BETA windows installer 1.5 (BSOD2600)
StarLog
Cacti User

Post by StarLog »

I am a bit confused on how to create a report say on my main internet connection to the enterprise.

I see in the Console menu Report Templates, but that seems to be confusing how to create a report for one sensor.

Then I have the tab at the top that says reports.
but no reports are present. Is there a walk thru for this.?
Cacti v0.8.8a
Weathermap 9.7a
--------------------
seerow

Fatal error: graidle.php on line 75

Post by seerow »

Hello,
i installed for a few days the new cacti plugin reportit (a very nice and usefull tool). I also updated by php installation to support the gd library. But unfortunately i get no chart pictures after i select the smal graph icon (only a red cross). Then i select "view image" it returns a error:

"Fatal error: Non-static method Color::Color() cannot be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /usr/share/cacti/plugins/reportit/lib_ext/graidle/graidle.php on line 75"

Anybody an idea?

My Environment:

Cacti Version 0.8.7c
Plugin Architecture 2.2
Poller Type Cactid v
Server Info Linux 2.6.9-67.0.7.ELsmp
Web Server Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP/5.2.8
PHP Version 5.2.8
PHP Extensions xmlwriter, libxml, dom, xmlreader, xml, tokenizer, session, pcre, SimpleXML, SPL, PDO, sockets, snmp, SQLite, standard, Reflection, posix, pdo_sqlite, mysqli, mysql, mbstring, json, iconv, hash, gettext, gd, filter, dba, date, ctype, zlib, openssl, apache2handler
MySQL Version 5.0.51a-community-log
RRDTool Version 1.2.27

Plugins Device Monitoring (monitor - v0.8.2)
PHP Network Weathermap (weathermap - v0.95b)
RRD File Cleaner (RRD Cleaner - v0.34)
Cacti Log View (CLog - v1.1)
Device Monitoring (monitor - v0.8.2)
Realtime for Cacti (realtime - v0.32)
Global Plugin Settings (settings - v0.5)
Cacti-ReportIt (reportit - v0.6.1)

with kind regards, Antonio
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

killshoot wrote:Hi browniebraun,

Best regards,

Vince
seerow wrote:Hello,
i installed for a few days the new cacti plugin reportit (a very nice and usefull tool). I also updated by php installation to support the gd library. But unfortunately i get no chart pictures after i select the smal graph icon (only a red cross). Then i select "view image" it returns a error:

"Fatal error: Non-static method Color::Color() cannot be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /usr/share/cacti/plugins/reportit/lib_ext/graidle/graidle.php on line 75"

Anybody an idea?
Hi Cacti Community!
Sorry for my late response, but I'm busy again :-(.
A documentation will be published next weekend!
The original powerpoint bases on ReportIt 0.2 which is too old and I don't have a copy of it. :roll:
Till now I don't have a release date for 0.7.0. After some unsuccessful and frustrating tests with pChart I have to program Graidle's successor completely on my own.

With regard to Seerow's error message:
I've the same issue on one of my dev boxes running PHP 5.2.8 too, but I didn't have the time to analyse what is going wrong within Graidle.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
seerow

Post by seerow »

Hi browniebraun,

yes you're right! I downgraded to php 5.2.6. Now all is working fine.

Thanks for your tip.....
with kind regards, Antonio

"For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three."
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

seerow wrote:Hi browniebraun,

yes you're right! I downgraded to php 5.2.6. Now all is working fine.

Thanks for your tip.....
Ok, I just looked into it. To get it back on the road again you can use following workaround:

Edit /reportit/lib_ext/graidle/graidle_color.ext.php and change line 19 from :

Code: Select all

class Color extends Graidle
to:

Code: Select all

class TableOfColors extends Graidle
After you've replaced all "Color::" statements by "TableOfColors::" within /reportit/lib_ext/graidle/graidle.php it will work again with PHP 5.2.8.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3