Cisco Router Template: Automatically Graph 'Up' Interfaces

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

k-y

Cisco Router Template: Automatically Graph 'Up' Interfaces

Post by k-y »

Looking for a time saving tip when creating graphs on routers I add using the Cisco router template.

It's pretty tedious going through my 400+ rows returned by the query and selecting all the 'Up' interfaces and being careful not to select any of my 'Down' interfaces, clicking Create, then clicking Next, rinsing/repeating.

Is there a better/automated method to do the same thing?
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

There is a contribution out there, that adds very nice filters. But it's not official code (or should I say: not yet). Pleas ask brauniebrown
Reinhard
k-y

Post by k-y »

gandalf wrote:There is a contribution out there, that adds very nice filters. But it's not official code (or should I say: not yet). Pleas ask brauniebrown
Reinhard
brauniebrown on forums here? I don't see that user in the memberlist.
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Then it was browniebraun
Reinhard
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

k-y I am looking for the exact same feature as well. Mind if you can keep me in loop?

Discover plugin seemed to do it and I got it to grab all the up interfaces at some stage..then it stopped working and I don't know how to get that going again.

Cheers,
Gabriel
joanypony

Post by joanypony »

Hi,
I did it using the CLI, http://www.cacti.net/downloads/docs/htm ... raphs.html pretty much shows you how to do it exactly. You can add graphs to any interfaces that match the criteria of "--snmp-field=ifOperStatus --snmp-value=Up". I then run this every week to grab any new interfaces that might have come live. The command takes about 15 minutes to run on my switch though which has about 200 interfaces.

Hope this helps,
Joan