changing oid for existing graph

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

mpb

changing oid for existing graph

Post by mpb »

Hi,

i have the following situation, which i thought would be faq, but didnt find a specific solution on the forum:

i am graphing an OID via an indexed data query and resulting graph works fine.

then (for reasons i wont go into detail about at this point), i have a change of OID for obtaining the same data as before.

i would like to somehow get cacti to read the data using the new OID, but keep on plotting this data on the old graph, since essentially its the same data just with a different OID to before. this way i wont have to redo all the graphs and lose my historical data.

(in mrtg i would have just edited my mrtg.cfg and placed the new OID in the TARGET line so it kept the same RRD file when using the edited OID)

can anyone help me do this on cacti please ?

im running freebsd with cacti 0.86h

thanks

Mark
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

In which way does the new OID deviate from the old one? Is there an index shift? Or has the "base OID" been changed? Please post some snmpwalk examples as bried as possible
Reinhard
mpb

Post by mpb »

OID change is due to an software change on the box (IOS change on cisco CMTS). will get the old and new OID for this and post it asap

thanks