Scaling Weathermap to fit in the browser

Support questions about the Network Weather Map plugin

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

runlikeanantelope
Cacti User

Scaling Weathermap to fit in the browser

Post by runlikeanantelope »

I have a weathermap image that isn't that large. When I open the editor, I can see the entire image within the browser window without having to scroll up and down or left or right.

However, when the weathermap is viewed as the html file, it doesn't scale into the browser. I have to scroll up and down or left and right to see everything.

What setting am I missing so I can view it all in one shot without scrolling? I'm also using a customer background image which may be the culprit. My screen resolution is set at 1152 x 864 on a 19'' monitor. I have another 40'' screen that has the same problem.
colejv

Post by colejv »

What size is the image?

From the manual
This is specifies the size of the map in pixels. If you want something a bit fancier than a plain white background, you can make up a background image to use in PNG format. In that case, the map will be the size of the background image:
runlikeanantelope
Cacti User

Post by runlikeanantelope »

OK - Looks like the picture is a *.jpg with dimensions of 1168 x 768, 96 dpi, bit depth of 24.

What is the best setting I can change it to that anyone can recommend?
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

Something smaller than 1152 x 864?

Allow for the Cacti tabs and stuff, so probably something smaller than 1130x780 or so.
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
Some Other Cacti tweaks, including strip-graphs, icons and snmp/netflow stuff.
(Let me know if you have UK DevOps or Network Ops opportunities, too!)
colejv

Post by colejv »

You also mentioned a 40" monitor having problems, which sounds to me like the monitor is probably 720P (1366x768) so size accordingly to both