poller interval

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

fering

poller interval

Post by fering »

How can i change poller interval for already created data sources ?
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

You can change the poller interval at any time. But existing rrd files will NOT work! And there's no way to change the STEP of an already existing rrd file. Even export and import won't help here.
Bad luck
Reinhard
fering

Post by fering »

is this somethng that can be changed in teh future or is it something that is part of the system that is not in your fucos.
OrbWireless

Post by OrbWireless »

Can it be changed directly in the database under rrd_step in poller_item? Just guessing here...
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

fering wrote:is this somethng that can be changed in teh future or is it something that is part of the system that is not in your fucos.
Sure. But it is an rrdtool issue, not a cacti one. From what I saw at rrdtool-users mailing list, I assume you won't see such a feature in the near future. But simply ask there to get an authoritative answer
Reinhard
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

OrbWireless wrote:Can it be changed directly in the database under rrd_step in poller_item? Just guessing here...
Surely you can change it in the db. But this will have NO effect on EXISTING rrd files.
In other words: please change it using the panels only. Those changes will only affect new rrd files and there is NO KNOWN WAY WHATSOEVER to apply this to existing rrd files. Sorry for disappointing you, but that's the way it is
Reinhard