Manage Plugin 0.6.2 for monitoring networks, servers...

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

mcgee

Post by mcgee »

I revised the document plugins\manage\manage_lib.php line 1350 of code:

Code: Select all

pclose(popen("start \"manage\" /B \"" . $exe . "\" " . escapeshellarg($args). " ".$cnt. $args2, "r")); 
document \lib\poller.php line 123

Code: Select all

pclose(popen("start \"Cactiplus\" /I /B \"" . $filename . "\" " . $args, "r")); 
My aim is to achieve the implementation of the 'Cacti poller' at all times in the same window, but failed to observe the mandate of Manage appears to be smoothly carried out, but found no change in 'Last poll date' and request everyone's help, thank you.
Mcgee
hmc_hut

Post by hmc_hut »

idle wrote:Hi.
I'm trying to install Manage, with no luck.
I follow usual install procedure without any result, no changes, no errors, no new sql tables.
Other plugins installing ok.

What maybe wrong?

Cacti 0.8.7b
PA 2.1
Manage 0.6
hiicc . i have a proplem same . but i can view tables but services for host not run. i dont view on images. help me
cspenpen
Cacti User

why can't show current host status

Post by cspenpen »

Hello all

I install manage plugin and no problem detect, but my server still can't show current host status. I also install tcp port template. So how can I do to fix this issue?

thx
Attachments
no show tcp ports status
no show tcp ports status
error2.PNG (30.92 KiB) Viewed 5772 times
error1.PNG
error1.PNG (10.71 KiB) Viewed 5772 times
westsyde

no realm permission boxes

Post by westsyde »

I have unzipped manage-0.6 into the plugins directory (also have thold, monitor, weathermap so I know the plugin arch is working).

However when I go to user settings and admin, I do not see any realm permission boxes to activate the plugin. I renamed the folder to manage, and setup global.php as well.

I've seen some similar posts on this thread but dont see that they were addressed fully, or maybe I missed how to solve this.
cspenpen
Cacti User

Re: no realm permission boxes

Post by cspenpen »

westsyde wrote:I have unzipped manage-0.6 into the plugins directory (also have thold, monitor, weathermap so I know the plugin arch is working).

However when I go to user settings and admin, I do not see any realm permission boxes to activate the plugin. I renamed the folder to manage, and setup global.php as well.

I've seen some similar posts on this thread but dont see that they were addressed fully, or maybe I missed how to solve this.
You must go to "console" -> "plugin management" to install manager plugin. If you don't have plugin mangement option, maybe when you setup pa2.1 forget to insert sql database.
hmc_hut

Re: why can't show current host status

Post by hmc_hut »

cspenpen wrote:Hello all

I install manage plugin and no problem detect, but my server still can't show current host status. I also install tcp port template. So how can I do to fix this issue?

thx

hi cspenpen

i've been check successful your problem .
I think you need install php-gd for fix your problem. Php-gd'll support for overlib

Thanks
cspenpen
Cacti User

Re: why can't show current host status

Post by cspenpen »

Hi hmc_hut

Thank you for your help. It's solve my problem~! :D

hmc_hut wrote:
cspenpen wrote:Hello all

thx

hi cspenpen

i've been check successful your problem .
I think you need install php-gd for fix your problem. Php-gd'll support for overlib

Thanks
fynx

Post by fynx »

lex8009 wrote:I'm not sure if this is by design or a bug, but if I use the url localhost/graph_view.php (using guest acct), and then tried to access the manage tab, it comes back with a cacti login prompt. In the user setting, the "use manage" chkbox is checked. Or is there another setting that was missed?

I think this is a good way to allow non admin to view the status of each device and it allows to view the graphs when the user selects a device.
Has anyone found an easy (or not) way to provide guest access to manage.php?
cspenpen
Cacti User

Post by cspenpen »

Here are some icons what I modify from someplace.
Attachments
example
example
manager_pic.PNG (42.35 KiB) Viewed 5526 times
default.zip
icons
(24.2 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
bonbon

patch host.php and feature request

Post by bonbon »

Would it be possible to monitor a device's interfaces based on the SNMP status? i.e. if SNMP showed the serial0/0 interface as up or down?
jamm

Post by jamm »

streaker69 wrote:
mcgee wrote:Error Log:
CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Cell Failed!, Error:'1064', SQL:"SELECT count(id) FROM data_local where data_template_id = AND snmp_index = 80 AND host_id =17"
Use version: 0.6
"TCP Ports Template" Save invalid,Show or"none"
Please help me, thank you.
Mcgee.
Did you click on the Debug link on the Settings Page for Manage? It will verify that you have all the database tables created properly.
I have not found the problem!
I think this is error in php code, because command
"SELECT count(id) FROM data_local where data_template_id = AND snmp_index = 80 AND host_id =17"
not contain of necessary argument:
"SELECT count(id) FROM data_local where data_template_id = {ARGUMENT} AND snmp_index = 80 AND host_id =17"
My tables is ok.
thanks.
Jagy

Post by Jagy »

Sorry, cant check up all 50 pages for my problems (manage-0.6,pa2.1,cacti0.8.7b):
1. I tried to add my template to tcp port monitoring (NFS for example), but when i choose it in device conf, pressed save, and nothing to see in manage tab(only host status icon), after it going back to device configuration and i seen empty field tcp templates...
it's solved, need to install TCP template

2. is it possible to monitor udp services?
Any suggestion how to monitor udp?
3. how to add multiple tcp templates to one host? for example ftp, mail and nfs?
same as first
Tnx for attention
Last edited by Jagy on Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
smlick
Cacti User

Post by smlick »

Excellent plugin!!!
I have only a problem with it............ I'm not able to display the port and services status under manage-->full view.
I only see the win2003.png (for an example) with the uptime but nothing more.
I'm not able also under the device configuration to apply the "TCP Ports Template" because the system doesn't apply any template that I choose.
Any idea?

Regards
Alessio
cspenpen
Cacti User

Post by cspenpen »

smlick wrote:Excellent plugin!!!
I have only a problem with it............ I'm not able to display the port and services status under manage-->full view.
I only see the win2003.png (for an example) with the uptime but nothing more.
I'm not able also under the device configuration to apply the "TCP Ports Template" because the system doesn't apply any template that I choose.
Any idea?

Regards
Alessio
find my post in this page
smlick
Cacti User

Post by smlick »

I have gd2 installed so I don't think that is the problem...I saw your post.
I read in another post that I have to create a graph for each port/service before I can display it, but I'm not able to do that.

Regards
Alessio