Cacti + Windows 2003 Server - Graphs do not show description

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

jdavila

Cacti + Windows 2003 Server - Graphs do not show description

Post by jdavila »

So i ran the windows installer supplied by BSOD and all is great. The graphs collect the stats as they should. The only thing that i am not seeing is the description on the actual graphs when it queries the interfaces. In the past when I ran cacti on linux it would pull the description from the interface and show up on the graph. Any one have any suggestions.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Go to Graph Mangement. Click on a graph. In the top right corner, enable Graph Debugging. Does rrdtool report an error?

post screenshots of what you're talking about.
jdavila

Post by jdavila »

No RRD does not show any errors. See below what I am trying to explain.
Attachments
This is the image from my old cacti box. It pulls the description that i set on the switchport interfaces
This is the image from my old cacti box. It pulls the description that i set on the switchport interfaces
nixbox.png (18.47 KiB) Viewed 3881 times
This is an image from the new cacti running on windows. It shows the data but does not pull the description from the switchports.
This is an image from the new cacti running on windows. It shows the data but does not pull the description from the switchports.
cacti.png (28.72 KiB) Viewed 3881 times
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

You must've modified your default interface template to include the extra info on Linux.

Go to Data Queries -> SNMP - Interface Statistics -> Associated Graph Templates. Then under the Graph Template section, modify/add/remove the various extra fields you want shown. All the variables you can use are in \cacti\resource\snmp_queries\interface.xml (each Field entry).