Cannot see Graphs in Tree Mode

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

NZ_Cacti

Cannot see Graphs in Tree Mode

Post by NZ_Cacti »

Hi,

We have Cacti running on Linux and it works fine - however we have trouble to see Graphs.

Under here we dont see any graphs - neither the icon placeholders for the graph.

** Graphs -> Tree Mode -> Solaris - then select the host - no graphs

When we look here, we can see the graph when debug is turned on - RRDTool reports OK message.

** Console -> Graph Management
** Filter by host, get Graph Titles returned - select CPU Usage - RRDTool says OK.

This is happening for both Linux and Solaris servers. On all of these we can do snmpwalk on the localhost and also on the server used for Cacti - both return results.

I have attached a few screenshots - please see if we are missing something obvious. The screenshots goes through a Solaris host installation and config - snmpwalk returns correct values, but no graphs shows under ** Graphs -> Tree Mode -> Solaris - then select the host
Attachments
cacti.zip
Attached file contains 8 screenshots of Graphs not showing, including debug information.
(588.56 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Did you already check the RRDTOOL Utility version? It should match

Code: Select all

rrdtool --version
NZ_Cacti

RRDTool version

Post by NZ_Cacti »

We use /usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.49/bin/rrdtool.

The graphs do show when in debug mode, "List View" and "Preview View".

Our problem is that the graphs dont show up under ** Graphs -> Tree Mode -> Solaris - then select the host.

Everywhere else we can see the graphs, they are current and updated - snmpwalk works on all machines.
gandalf
Developer

Re: RRDTool version

Post by gandalf »

NZ_Cacti wrote:We use /usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.49/bin/rrdtool.
Well, fine. But what is configured at Settings -> General -> RRDTool Utility Version? If the wrong version number is given here, graphs will "work" as you've said above
Reinhard
NZ_Cacti

RRDTool version

Post by NZ_Cacti »

It displays the correct setting - 1.0.x

Please note that all the graphs worked, this problem could be related to the number of devices being monitored, at present we have 20 odd.
NZ_Cacti

Final Update - we fixed the graphs

Post by NZ_Cacti »

Hi all,

This was not RRD related - rather some internal "bug" in the Cacti DB.

One of the gurus here at the office (thanks Gary!!) fixed this by going into the DB and comparing it against another installation we have.

The host_grouping_type was set to 0 on the graphs that did not work - this was updated to 1 - now all works sweet :-)

mysql> update graph_tree_items set host_grouping_type = 1, sort_children_type = 1 where host_grouping_type = 0;
Query OK, 23 rows affected (0.00 sec)
Rows matched: 23 Changed: 23 Warnings: 0

mysql> select id, host_id, host_grouping_type, sort_children_type from graph_tree_items order by host_id;
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Yep, I confirm this. Just check my test installtion and found an orphaned tree item like yours. Added the host another time and it was ok. So actually, I have no idea, why this occured. May you please post a bug at http://bugs.cacti.net with reference to this post?
Reinhard
TJ_VP

Post by TJ_VP »

I have the same issue in tree mode except it's not random, it affects every new graph/host i add to the Graph tree.

Code: Select all

update graph_tree_items set host_grouping_type = 1, sort_children_type = 1 where host_grouping_type = 0; 
solves the problem but i have to run it every time i add a new graph.

has this been reported as a bug yet , i can't seem to fin it on bugs.cacti.net

side note : i'm running cacti on W2003R2/IIS6/PHP4.4.2/MYSQL5.0.22/RRDTool 1.2.4
TJ_VP

Post by TJ_VP »

i deleted all the graph trees and recreated nez ones and problem was gone... weird.
iggi
Cacti User

Post by iggi »

Don't mean to ressurect ta dead thread, but this is still happening with no addons on cacti 0.8.7, I could recreate the tree and that worked, then the users who had access to that tree could not have thier permissions re added to that tree (I had to recreate all of the users).
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Please add a bug report as given by http://www.cacti.net/bugs.php
Reinhard