Thold suggestion/feature request

Support questions about the Threshold plugin

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

redphive

Thold suggestion/feature request

Post by redphive »

Hi,

We can view devices by device type and then 'apply thresholds' based on the returned list.

It would be nice if we could filter by host type as well as host. Would make it easier in deleting Thresholds.

Thanks
cigamit
Developer

Post by cigamit »

I will put this on my list.
ulerkeket

Post by ulerkeket »

Option to customize email subject, so this email can be filtered in email program based on subject.
cigamit
Developer

Post by cigamit »

The subject will be customizable in an upcoming release, but not too terribly much.

You can add data before and after the current subject, including substituting using things that you can do in the message (ex: <GRAPHID>) but the rest of the sunject will most likely stay the same.

Granted, I am also thinking of moving to a per threshold customization, to allow you to add even more depth and instructions to the email.
mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

Jimmy - will THOLD be capable of multi-thread polling ?

Thanks
Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
RRDTool Version RRDTool 1.4.7
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b
cigamit
Developer

Post by cigamit »

mcutting wrote:Jimmy - will THOLD be capable of multi-thread polling ?

Thanks
Why would it have to? It lives in the poller thread that called the hook. It doesn't spawn its own thread.

Also, the bulk of the checking has now moved back to the end of the poller, to help soften the load up a bit.

You will also be able to choose whether you want to use the old style rrd file info pull, or the new style.
mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

Because it's very slow on my system - it is adding 20 seconds to the poller runtime (SPINE completes in circa 35 seconds)

I have around 30 thresholds that are being checked - mainly services and disk percentages..
Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
RRDTool Version RRDTool 1.4.7
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b
killshoot
Cacti User

Post by killshoot »

mcutting wrote:Because it's very slow on my system - it is adding 20 seconds to the poller runtime (SPINE completes in circa 35 seconds)

I have around 30 thresholds that are being checked - mainly services and disk percentages..

Same problem, around 30'000 thold and 2200 device. Spine do the job in 40 second and thold need around 200 sec....