Adding template from command line

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Exo7
Cacti User

Adding template from command line

Post by Exo7 »

Hi everyone.

I wrote a (very) small php script to import xml template file from command line. I need this kind of CLI tools to automatize an installation process, with custom templates I wrote for Cacti with data polled by Nagios.

Just unzip the file in your cacti/site/ folder.
usage : add_template.php your_template.xml
windows user may want to call the script with something like
php add_template.php your_template.xml

There is no verification to the template file used, or if the import succeeded : you should use a correct template xml file !
have fun
Attachments
add_template_0.8.7.zip
add_template.php for Cacti 0.8.7
(665 Bytes) Downloaded 1444 times
add_template.zip
add_template.php for Cacti 0.8.6
(633 Bytes) Downloaded 1461 times
Last edited by Exo7 on Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wolvverine-pld

Post by wolvverine-pld »

problem with 0.8.7a:

# /usr/share/cacti/add_template.php /usr/share/cacti/resource/script_queries/graph_active_ssh_conns.xml
Extension '/usr/share/cacti/add_template.php' not present.

# php /usr/share/cacti/add_template.php /usr/share/cacti/resource/script_queries/graph_active_ssh_conns.xml

Warning: include_once(./include/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/share/cacti/add_template.php on line 11

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening './include/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/share/cacti/add_template.php on line 11

Warning: include_once(./lib/import.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/share/cacti/add_template.php on line 12

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening './lib/import.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/share/cacti/add_template.php on line 12

Fatal error: Call to undefined function import_xml_data() in /usr/share/cacti/add_template.php on line 33

after correct include:
include_once("/usr/share/cacti/include/config.php");
include_once("/usr/share/cacti/lib/import.php");

]# php /usr/share/cacti/add_template.php /usr/share/cacti/resource/script_queries/graph_active_ssh_conns.xml

Warning: Missing argument 2 for import_xml_data(), called in /usr/share/cacti/add_template.php on line 33 and defined in /usr/share/cacti/lib/import.php on line 25

Warning: include_once(/xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/share/cacti/lib/import.php on line 28

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '/xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/share/cacti/lib/import.php on line 28

Fatal error: Call to undefined function xml2array() in /usr/share/cacti/lib/import.php on line 32
Exo7
Cacti User

Post by Exo7 »

the import_xml_data function in lib/import.php takes an extra argument in 0.8.7, allowing you to ignore custom rra definition, which is a very good thing.

replace line 33 with

Code: Select all

$info_array = import_xml_data($xml_data,false);
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

Exo7 wrote:the import_xml_data function in lib/import.php takes an extra argument in 0.8.7, allowing you to ignore custom rra definition, which is a very good thing.

replace line 33 with

Code: Select all

$info_array = import_xml_data($xml_data,false);
Yes, VERY GOOD THING! :o
[size=117][i][b]Tony Roman[/b][/i][/size]
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]
alens

Post by alens »

using 0.8.7.a i get still the errors even if i corrected the 33 string

nagios:/srv/www/htdocs/cacti # ./templates_add.php sql.xml
PHP Warning: include_once(/xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /srv/www/htdocs/cacti/lib/import.php on line 28
PHP Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '/xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php5/PEAR') in /srv/www/htdocs/cacti/lib/import.php on line 28
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function xml2array() in /srv/www/htdocs/cacti/lib/import.php on line 32
nagios:/srv/www/htdocs/cacti #
Exo7
Cacti User

Post by Exo7 »

alens wrote:using 0.8.7.a i get still the errors even if i corrected the 33 string

nagios:/srv/www/htdocs/cacti # ./templates_add.php sql.xml
PHP Warning: include_once(/xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /srv/www/htdocs/cacti/lib/import.php on line 28
PHP Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '/xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php5/PEAR') in /srv/www/htdocs/cacti/lib/import.php on line 28
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function xml2array() in /srv/www/htdocs/cacti/lib/import.php on line 32
nagios:/srv/www/htdocs/cacti #

The main configuration file in cacti 0.8.7 changed from config.php to global.php.
Changing line 28 in the script solve the issue. I'll post an updated version including the other needed change.
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Please refer to cacti SVN code before applying changes.
There have been bug fixes and enhancements. Most of the should work instantaneously on 087* versions of cacti.
Reinhard