Windows All-In-One Installer [Cacti 1.2.24] [Updated 2023-03-09]

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

mysticado

Post by mysticado »

Heya,
first of all, thank you for your swift response. Unfortunately I can't find the part for Win2003 in your install guide, referring to the configuration of IIS??

All other things should already be configured during the installation of cacti itself...just this damn IIS is making so much trouble for me :-S
I just don't know what else I could do now - it went through the installation perfectly, the only part I can't configure is that "past-installation" part...so could you please help me a little more? :)
Thank you very much!
Bye

P.S. There is nothing even similar in Windows Vista to your explanations in the guide....the task scheduler is totally different and it seems as it is just not meant to be for me :S
But thanks anyways
Gaucho

Will it work fine in Win2000 Server + IIS5?

Post by Gaucho »

I have this OS only and I'm wondering if it'll install OK on this configuration?

I've read almost all the pages of this topic, but could not find anything with this setup.

Thanks,
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

mysticado: I just meant to follow the installation guide and do the 'extra' Windows 2003 steps, when required. Since you're on Vista, obviously it's not a direct guide since things are different. Try looking up on google guides on how to configure PHP for IIS on Vista -- that is primarly what you need to accomplish.

Gaucho: Yes, Win2K should work fine with the installer.
Gaucho

Post by Gaucho »

BSOD2600 wrote: Gaucho: Yes, Win2K should work fine with the installer.

Thanks for the answer. However, my question was mostly intended towards the IIS 5.0 part. Will it run OK in IIS 5.0? Or IIS 6.0 or above is required?

Thanks in advance,
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Well since Windows 2000 only uses IIS5 and the installer works with it....

Yes.
mysticado

Post by mysticado »

Sorry but it seems that I can't find the win2003 portion of the guide concerning the IIS...somehow I only seem to find the normal guide, in which you have to click on the "Default Website"-properties, which I don't have in Vista.
Can you somehow give me a hint where precisely I have to look?
Thanks
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

BSOD2600 wrote:mysticado: Try looking up on google guides on how to configure PHP for IIS on Vista -- that is primarly what you need to accomplish.
S.r.sheldrake

Post by S.r.sheldrake »

Sorry to troll and break topic, but is there any progress on an Apache version of your installer?

I have a number of XP Home edition P.C.s that I would like to install Cacti on without the rigmarole of setting up all the components individually, or the hassle of having to install parts of other OS's to get IIS installed onto them.

I have to congratulate you though; I'm sure this installer has made a lot of people's lives easier when it comes to installing Cacti.

Personally, I was hoping it would be as easy on Windows to install as it was on Linux (~5 minutes of work); Your installer seems to do just that. Kudos! :)
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

I haven't worked on the installer in many months, nor given the Apache version much though. If anything, I'd integrate it with the original one and make it an option. Too busy with life right now to take the time to do so. Maybe in a month or two when I've got some free time I will accomplish it.
S.r.sheldrake

Post by S.r.sheldrake »

That sounds wonderful; I will keep an eye on this topic :)

Thank you for considering it :)
exploit-soget

Post by exploit-soget »

Hi all,

I have a problem with your installation over Windows XP Pro SP3 and IIS 5.
All the installation seems to be ok but when i try to access on my page :
http://localhost/cacti

I see the source page

So i have make a little info php page for testing and when i try http://localhost/test.php it's ok
but when i try http://localhost/cacti/test.php i see source page.

Anyone can help me to solve this problem ?

Thanks a lot.

***** I have found the problem *****
kkoduru

Post by kkoduru »

Anybody knows what version of perl gets used/installed with the cacti executable? I am trying to run some custom scripts which work fine through perl, but does not work with Cacti. Is there a way to define path for perl in Cacti?

Thanks in advance
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

exploit-soget: What was the problem/solution?

kkoduru: Perl is not a requirement of Cacti, thus NOT installed.
choub

Post by choub »

I just install cacti et it works well. I can create some graph for the localhost but when i try to add ananother device in the console i have this message :

Error: Passwords do not match, please retype.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Disable firefox 3's saved passwords for the site. Also read http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=28095