unable to delete graph source permanently

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Shivaraj05

Post by Shivaraj05 »

hi,

i added a cisco 6509 switch for monitoring the interface vlan traffic. i deleted the other ports whose traffic is not needed to graph. But everytime i delete the graph of the interface, it is recreated.Can any one help me to delete the particular interface from being graphed permanently

many thanks,

Sivaraj
after310

Post by after310 »

Hi!

I think we have the same problem... :lol:

I don't have yet a solution, and you?
Shivaraj05

Post by Shivaraj05 »

Me too . No solutions found yet
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Please delete either the data source (and the graph along with it) or delete the graph (and the data source as well)
Reinhard
after310

Post by after310 »

Hello :)
Gandalf>> I have followed your two methods, but all graphics and RRD files have been recreated automatically.
And I still do not understand why :cry:
prof

Post by prof »

HI,

i have a similar problem. I have created an host and wanted to graph the ethernet devices. I used "ucd fs".
So far so good.
I took my devices with "IN/OUT Bytes with Total Bandwidth". Everything is good. Cacti created the two Graphs Traffic with Total Bandwidth. 2 or 3 Polls later i have also "UCD 80 LAN" with "IN/OUT Bits" for my two devices, wich i have not created. Both Graphs are without Data Source. Only the Graph.
I deleted it several times. But they come back. On newly created devices they appear after 2 or 3 polls.
On some other graphs not UCD, i have the same behaviour i can not delete them. They come back again.

Someone a guess?
after310

Post by after310 »

one more information:
I have this problem with interfaces network devices (switches Nortel) and with computer devices (XP) (services states and interfaces)

I am not alone with this problem, "it's reassuring" lol
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

I suppose only a live session on any of those systems will help. At least I can't do without
Reinhard
prof

Post by prof »

Could someone give me the SQL Statement, to get all graphs for a specific host?
Which tables and/or files are holding data for graphs and hosts?
Maybe there is a table or cache that is not cleared after deleting a graph. Somewhere near the poller?

My System isn´t really represantative. I have made some changes on the code. Mostly in Graph_view.php, i have implemented the SNMP Info for every host that will be displayed.
prof

Post by prof »

Ok, this could be a fix.

I have the plugin discover installed. My settings are scan every hour and the options:

Rerun Data Queries
This option will rerun all data queries on current hosts, and will create graphs for all assigned graph templates and data queries.

AND

Create Graphs for Up Interfaces Only
This option will create graphs for interfaces that are showing as Up.

where on. I have disabled them and my UCD 80 LAN Graphs are not there again (after deleting). This maybe helps. It's about 3 hours that i have disabled both options. Other deleted graphs are also gone.
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

That's definitively a reasonable root cause for such a weird behaviour (happend to me some time ago)
Reinhard
after310

Post by after310 »

Hi!

I confirmed!
I also deleted these two options (although in my case, only the first was activated, and only "up" ports were graphed... curious).
I do not have this problem of re-creation.

If I had read this forum since August 14, I had seen this information ... I found him by myself this morning :(

It is excellent this forum: D