The MySQL Graph Collection

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Post by Guest »

Two gotchas.

#1. If you can run the command from your shell and it works fine, but doesn't work when cacti runs it, make sure you specify the full path to your PHP CLI. Mine was in /usr/local/bin/

#2. If you have a crazy mysql password, you might need to escape some of the characters. You should know how to do this if you require such a crazy pass.

Looks good once I specified the path to php.

-c
testtest

Post by testtest »

ottob wrote:...
maybe its normal... The number of connections is a real value and its gathered as a "counter"-value (as seen in the Data-Template). Seriously some time i will go down ;-) <--> Sorry, the connections-value is not a "real" value its a "counting"-value

It seems that a few users have the problem with the Database Host. Normally the Database-Hostname comes from the current device (Management->Devices). Maybe its depending on the cacti-version (i use 0.8.5a)?
:D :D THX Otto - your mySQL scripts and templates are working already perfect, purring like a cat :) !
Thx for your great work you've done !! - :oops: Hoping one day i'm able to do also such a cool thing with Cacti, too :wink: - but for now, as a 'greenhorn' - learning, learning :).

So what the 'Host' thing is, no real prob, because for starting polling 'on console' for testing it, one is getting an "error message" if a wrong host is choosen ... - so after 'blank' import of the templates it is 127.0.0.1 - and i have looked for it once more with phpMyAdmin, so i noticed it has to be localhost. (basically a lil bit weird, one must make a difference) - and simply, as described change it - working fine !

Thank you a lot - Stef.
[url=http://stef.funpic.de/index.html]Stef.s small Fan Page[/url]
Free your brain with trashing away MS - no pain, no torture, no troubles of learning Linux can compete with your Freedom using it.
SMAX

Post by SMAX »

I really want this script but it wont let me download it.

Is it available anywhere else?
ottob
Cacti User

Post by ottob »

i can download it!! The Download works fine ... Send me an PM and i will sent you the file by mail...
testtest

Post by testtest »

ottob wrote:i can download it!! The Download works fine ... Send me an PM and i will sent you the file by mail...
ACK ! - download worked fine ! :)
Free your brain with trashing away MS - no pain, no torture, no troubles of learning Linux can compete with your Freedom using it.
SMAX

Post by SMAX »

Excellent work there ottob

I had them all running withing a few minutes of you sending them to me.

Can you just tell me if the graphs are showing connections per second or per minute etc

Thanks
ottob
Cacti User

Post by ottob »

Hi!

The values are mostly "Counting" values (except Thread and QCache statistics) that means that the values are normally always increasing. Rrd-tool create the graph with the result of the difference between the timesteps. That means that the graph shows a good picture of what is going on on the machine - but i actually dont know how the numeric values are build...

sorry for my english....
testtest

Post by testtest »

ottob wrote:Hi!

The values are mostly "Counting" values (except Thread and QCache statistics) that means that the values are normally always increasing. Rrd-tool create the graph with the result of the difference between the timesteps. That means that the graph shows a good picture of what is going on on the machine - but i actually dont know how the numeric values are build...

sorry for my english....
:) yes - very nice graphs. indeed !! - Your scipt and templates RoCK - BTW Otto, how long are you already using cacti ? Because i am currently a little bit feeling like a 'moron'. At this moment it is still hard for me to understand all things ... - but never give up ! :D

Post by Guest »

Hey Ottob, the result is look very nicee!! I cant wait to see this working..

What can be? I cant import template..
I do Console -> Import Templates -> Complete local path -> Save
And nothing happens.. just see a reload page of templates_imports.php and nothingelse.
After importing this..where i can go if it sucessfully loaded?

Thanks to all

D

Post by Guest »

Hey!!
I just upgrade to 0.8.5a and everything works!

Thanks!!
testtest

Post by testtest »

Anonymous wrote:Hey!!
I just upgrade to 0.8.5a and everything works!

Thanks!!
:D :D super COOL and a MUST HAVE !!
Guest (agge)

question to installing...

Post by Guest (agge) »

where do i put the templates? i tried uploading them using the webinterface.. but i dunno if it works.. where shall i put the files if i uppload them "manually"??

Re: The MySQL Graph Collection

Post by Guest »

ottob wrote:Hi all,

Using the Templates:
Select a Host an create a new graph by using one of the Mysql-templates. Fill in the User an Password fields (in the example above: cactiuser, mypassword)...

Have fun,
Otto
Sorry, i'm new to cacti and i'm a little bit lost ....

I've created a data query for mysql-connections ... but when i try to add it to "localhost" device i get a lot of errors .... i have not specified username and password since i relly don't know where i have to specify them :))

Some helps?

thx
ottob
Cacti User

Post by ottob »

hi!

you have to setup them as mysql-user. Use the "grant" commandline ive given at the beginning of this Topic...

Otto

Post by Guest »

Hi,i did it in mysql ... i was wondering where i have to setup user and passwd in CACTI. this is waht i've done

i've put XML files in "cacti path/resources/mysql_queries"
i0ve put scripts in "cacti path/scripts/"

I've created a data queries for XML Mysql-Connections

But when i try to add it to localhost device i get

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined index: script_path in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/cacti/lib/data_query.php on line 72

Notice: Undefined index: arg_index in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/cacti/lib/data_query.php on line 82

Notice: Undefined index: arg_index in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/cacti/lib/data_query.php on line 84

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/cacti/lib/data_query.php on line 88

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/localhost/htdocs/cacti/lib/data_query.php:72) in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/cacti/host.php on line 92
can i say that cati is leaving me in a great confusion :)

bye