Aggregate, now at V0.66

Announcements concerning Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

gninja wrote:It could be automatic on graph view... It could be rebuilt on a cron... Not sure what the best way to do it is.. Any thoughts Gandalf? If this isn't something you're working on, or interested in working on, I'll look into doing it myself.
I did a similar thing on earlier REPORTIT. So it's doable and a good idea. But I will not dive into it this year, for sure
Reinhard
gninja
Cacti User

Post by gninja »

gandalf wrote:I did a similar thing on earlier REPORTIT. So it's doable and a good idea. But I will not dive into it this year, for sure
Reinhard
Any advice on which way I should tackle it, then?
FreeBSD/RHEL
cacti-0.8.7i, spine 0.8.7i, PIA 3.1+boost 5.1
MySQL 5.5/InnoDB
RRDtool 1.2.27, PHP 5.1.6
zivley
Cacti User

Post by zivley »

zivley wrote:Hi Gandalf,
May I know where can I download the latest and most fixed aggregate plugin? I've been reading the 18 pages of this thread and there are a lot of problems and fixes and I've lost focus, is the first post still the source for the plugin? What's the status of it? known bugs or issues, etc?
Thanks,
Ziv
[shameless bump]
Here I am again, I quoted my own previous post, I still didn't get an answer for my question...
[/shameless bump]

Anyway, I assumed the obvious (shouldn't I?) and I went to the first post and grabbed the plugin, istalled as explained, and then I've got into the "Plugin Management" Menu and I saw the plugin in the "Uninstalled" list, so I clicked "Install" and this is what I get:

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined index: keys in /usr/share/cacti/site/lib/plugins.php on line 128

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/cacti/site/lib/plugins.php on line 128

Notice: Undefined index: keys in /usr/share/cacti/site/lib/plugins.php on line 128

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/cacti/site/lib/plugins.php on line 128
I'm running Cacti ver 0.8.7b and PIA 2.1
See the attached image of how it looks
Attachments
Install Errors
Install Errors
plugin-errors.png (19.71 KiB) Viewed 8555 times
Maestro_Ba

Post by Maestro_Ba »

I just installed Aggregate V0.66 in a Fresh Cacti 0.8.7b with Plugin Architecture 2.1

However, I don't have the drop down option to aggregate... It it something missing? Maybe an .sql file to import?
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Did you read the README? Install instructions should be included there. Did you install PIA2.1 correctly? Including pa.sql?
Reinhard
Maestro_Ba

Post by Maestro_Ba »

Thanks for the quick reply. However, I could not come here to answer until now.

I had several other plugins that seem to be working fine (update, thold, docs, hostinfo, weathermap, superlinks, reportit).

But this is the first one that needed to be installed and enabled in the new Plugin Management Menu.

Thaks for the help, now it works. And this is such a useful plugin that should be integrated in the next Cacti release!
khufure
Cacti User

Post by khufure »

Gandalf,

Awesome plug-in, thank you. Just wanted to chime in it works for me on 0.87b & plug-in architecture 2.1. It does not appear to function on 0.87b & plug-in architecture 2.0.
Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

Sorry for the potentially stoopid question:

Is v0.66 still the latest version of Aggregate?
Atkatla
Cacti User

aggregate doesnt show up... :-(

Post by Atkatla »

hmm, I'm running into a problem right now
- extracted aggregate into plugins/aggregate
- changed the acccess rights of aggregate folder+files to my cactiuser
- added the line in .../include/global.php
- PIA 2.1 is installed (installed RRDcleaner with that, which is working)
- under "realm permissions" nothing new shows up, (I have currently 26 options there)
- under "plugin management" only rrdcleaner is seen, in "uninstalled" is nothing, PIA is identified as version 2.1

Am I missing something?

edit:
via "plugin management" I uninstalled RRDcleaner. But now the "uninstalled" tab is still empty. Shoulndt be RRDcleaner there now? Perhaps the "uninstalled"-Tab has some bug or I messed some access rights up...

edit2: since its an PIA problem, I opened an thread in the Plugin Architecture board
http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=28758
as long as Boost is in the plugin-directory, the "uninstalled"tab is broken. If you have ideas on that problem, please answer in the other thread.
khufure
Cacti User

Re: aggregate doesnt show up... :-(

Post by khufure »

Atkatla wrote:hmm, I'm running into a problem right now
- extracted aggregate into plugins/aggregate
- changed the acccess rights of aggregate folder+files to my cactiuser
- added the line in .../include/global.php
- PIA 2.1 is installed (installed RRDcleaner with that, which is working)
- under "realm permissions" nothing new shows up, (I have currently 26 options there)
- under "plugin management" only rrdcleaner is seen, in "uninstalled" is nothing, PIA is identified as version 2.1

Am I missing something?

edit:
via "plugin management" I uninstalled RRDcleaner. But now the "uninstalled" tab is still empty. Shoulndt be RRDcleaner there now? Perhaps the "uninstalled"-Tab has some bug or I messed some access rights up...

edit2: since its an PIA problem, I opened an thread in the Plugin Architecture board
http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=28758
as long as Boost is in the plugin-directory, the "uninstalled"tab is broken. If you have ideas on that problem, please answer in the other thread.
If you are using PIA2.1+ you don't need to add the line in global|config.php. In fact, I foudn it was detrimental in my case.

If a plug-in is 1.x or your PIA is 1.x you need to add the line.

Edit - also, make sure your cacti user can create/drop/rename tables. If not, pull the sql out of the php's or earlier in this list.
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Greywolf wrote:Sorry for the potentially stoopid question:

Is v0.66 still the latest version of Aggregate?
Yes
Reinhard
Krijn Tanis

Post by Krijn Tanis »

I just tried to install the Aggegrate plugin because I want to combine some graphs (of two redunant core routers). I put the extracted version 0.66 of the plugin in the plugin directory and I put the plugin in config.php. Only thing what happens, is that there is a new page added named "Color templates". Nothing else happens, the other pages are not created and I am not able to create a color template.

Maybe someone knows what is going wrong, because I can't find anything in the logs.

Cacti version: 0.8.6j
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Please go to user management. Select your userid and post a screenshot, please
Reinhard
Krijn Tanis

Post by Krijn Tanis »

Here you are.
Attachments
screenshot.PNG
screenshot.PNG (65.21 KiB) Viewed 7958 times
kozmai

Post by kozmai »

I have routers with multiply outputs. How can I graph a total traffic? I like to graph sum traffic. Now I have non summerized graph
Attachments
aggregate.JPG
aggregate.JPG (30.46 KiB) Viewed 7896 times