[solved] Problem opening poller.php

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

magzz69

[solved] Problem opening poller.php

Post by magzz69 »

Hello everybody

First, sorry for my english but i'm french :)

I have a problem to use CACTI.
I follow the tutorial on this web site : http://bsod2600.home.comcast.net/~bsod2 ... l#Patching

Between the middle and the end you've got the CACTI chapter. I have manage to connect the page : http:\localhost\cacti\

But! when i creat a device they told me to click on "Create Graphs for this Host" and then to do this in the commande prompt : php c:\inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\poller.php

The probleme is that i can't opened the file, it's write : "Could not open input file : c:\intepub\wwwroot\cacti\poller.php

Somebody have an idea?

I put the text of the tutorial here for a better comprehension for you :)

# Click on Devices. Delete Localhost, since it's set up to use the Linux host template.
# In the upper right corner, click on Add. Fill in the following information and then click Add.

Description: localhost
Hostname: localhost
Host Template: Windows 2000/XP

# You should now be looking at the localhost device screen. Right under it's name, there should be some SNMP Information listed regarding the system, uptime, hostname, location and contact. If not, you should double check the SNMP settings on the server and firewall settings. In the upper right-hand corner, click on Create Graphs for this Host.
# On the following screen, select a disk partition and network interface. At the bottom of the page, click on Create.
# Log into the user account you'll be using for the scheduled task and verify starting a Cacti polling cycle works. Do this by running the following from the command prompt:

php c:\inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\poller.php

If you've got an idea :) because i'm blocked!

Thanks a lot
magzz69

Re: Problem opening poller.php

Post by magzz69 »

Yes it's good I find! It was a problem of rights on the file poller.php

:evil:
leoncyn

Re: Problem opening poller.php

Post by leoncyn »

Hello! I have a problem I have no idea how to give permition on Windows 7 to the rrd file I saw that everybody sees that in Linux I have to give permition with chmod777. I tried to run this comand: php c:\inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\poller.php and I get a message: Could not open input file c:\inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\poller.php :( Some help! for Dummies please!!!!