Aggregate, now at V0.66

Announcements concerning Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Elvis

reply Error msg with aggregate 0.65 , cacti 0.8.7b ...

Post by Elvis »

gandalf wrote:Please find V0.66 attached to first post of this thread.

Reinhard
Not sure if this reply was on my post but I installed it anyway since I was using 0.65 but i am still having problems with the same error message:
PROGERR: ERRNO:'2048' TYPE:'' MESSAGE:'Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated' IN FILE:'C:\Apache\htdocs\cacti\lib\adodb\adodb-lib.inc.php' LINE NO:'537'

copy of line 537 = $recordSet =& new $rsclass(-1,$zthis->fetchMode);
Thanks in advance
Elvis
super-hornet
Cacti User

Post by super-hornet »

Hi Gandalf

On your first page, u state:
Installation:
- tar -zxf into ./plugins/aggregate folder
- change ./include/config.php to add the plugins line for "aggregate", as usual
No more need to manually import the table sql

Ain't it suppose to be:
"- change ./include/global.php to add the plugins line for "aggregate", as usual" ?

BTW, thanks for the new updates.
I not sure whether this new version will fix a problem that I encounter on 0.64.
On 0.64, when I create a new aggregate graphs (from 'A', 'B', and 'C') for example. Then if I go and modify the 'A' or 'B' or 'C' graph template like changing the color or the title, the aggregate graph contents will go out of position/sequence.

SH
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

super-hornet wrote:Hi Gandalf

On your first page, u state:
Installation:
- tar -zxf into ./plugins/aggregate folder
- change ./include/config.php to add the plugins line for "aggregate", as usual
No more need to manually import the table sql

Ain't it suppose to be:
"- change ./include/global.php to add the plugins line for "aggregate", as usual" ?
Bad me. You're correct, at least for 087. For 086, it's still config.php
I not sure whether this new version will fix a problem that I encounter on 0.64.
On 0.64, when I create a new aggregate graphs (from 'A', 'B', and 'C') for example. Then if I go and modify the 'A' or 'B' or 'C' graph template like changing the color or the title, the aggregate graph contents will go out of position/sequence.
No. It's not mentioned in the CHANGELOG and it's not yet done. I acknowledge it as a bug, that's for sure.
Reinhard
newifu

nothing shown after installing aggregate 0.66

Post by newifu »

cacti 0.87b
PA 2.1

nothing shown under graph managemen and user managerment. no error message.

I tried some other plugins such as weatehrmap snd network toolsand they show up.

Is there anything I miss?
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Please do not crosspost; answered to the other thread
Reinhard
sneakymonkey

Post by sneakymonkey »

i've installed PA 2.1/Aggregate 0.66 and running CACTI 8.7b. i've followed all installation steps and all have been sucessful except when i try to aggregate two graphs together i get the below error over the page;

Code: Select all

PROGERR: ERRNO:'2' TYPE:'Warning' MESSAGE:'fopen(/www/htdocs/cacti/log/cacti.log) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied' IN FILE:'/www/htdocs/cacti/lib/functions.php' LINE NO:'374'
*also see attached screenshot showing this*

the permissions on my cacti.log are;

oot@cacti:/www/htdocs/cacti/log# ls -las
total 5792
   4 drwxr-xr-x  2 cactiuser root     4096 2008-07-02 10:21 ./
   4 drwxr-xr-x 15 root      root     4096 2008-07-01 14:33 ../
   4 -rw-r--r--  1 cactiuser root       33 2008-02-12 00:57 .htaccess
5740 -rw-r--r--  1 cactiuser cacti 5861482 2008-07-02 11:10 cacti.log
  40 -rw-r--r--  1 cactiuser cacti   39166 2008-07-02 11:10 cron.log
when i try to ignore the message and procceed and confirm the aggregate graph i get;

PROGERR: ERRNO:'2' TYPE:'Warning' MESSAGE:'fopen(/www/htdocs/cacti/log/cacti.log) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied' IN FILE:'/www/htdocs/cacti/lib/functions.php' LINE NO:'374'

PROGERR: ERRNO:'2048' TYPE:'' MESSAGE:'Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated' IN FILE:'/www/htdocs/cacti/lib/adodb/adodb-lib.inc.php' LINE NO:'537'

Any help/updates?
Thanks
Attachments
ERRNO_2.JPG
ERRNO_2.JPG (125.66 KiB) Viewed 8590 times
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Ok. It seems that this plugin writes messages to cacti.log running as a httpd.
Either allow httpd to update cacti.log (which, I have to agree, is not a recommended practise) or make me change the logging. Bah. Shame on me
Reinhard
sneakymonkey

Post by sneakymonkey »

Thanks. i've changed my /www/htdocs/cacti/log/.htaccess to show;

Order allow,deny
Allow from all
this stops the permission issues but when i try confirm and generate the graphs i'm still left with;

PROGERR: ERRNO:'2048' TYPE:'' MESSAGE:'Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated' IN FILE:'/www/htdocs/cacti/lib/adodb/adodb-lib.inc.php' LINE NO:'537'
Thanks again.
sneakymonkey

Post by sneakymonkey »

*FYI* for anyone following. ignoring this message is fine and the graph will be generated.

Though i have had a run in with the corruption of the original graphs.. i think if you look earlier through this post like on page 3/4 you will find what i'm on about.
Thanks for your help Gandalf.
eschoeller
Cacti User

Post by eschoeller »

I apologize if this has been discussed before ... Is there a way to define additional color templates?

Thanks.
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Sure. It's just the usual "Add" thingy from menu "Color Templates"
Reinhard
eschoeller
Cacti User

Post by eschoeller »

Well, I've been madly clicking around (My favorite cacti activity) I have no clue where the Color Templates menu is, but I'm sure it's right under my nose. Any more hints?

Thnx.

EDIT: I noticed that I'm running .64, so I tried to upgrade to .66 in my test enviornment (087b PA 2.0) and "Create Aggregate Graph" Disappeared.. :( So I'm back on .64 again.
eschoeller
Cacti User

Post by eschoeller »

Just an FYI, it doesn't seem like Aggregate graphs export correctly, when using the Graph Export feature. The graphs are created and exported, but the tree/html code doesn't link to the generated graphs correctly.

Should I file a bug report for this?
zivley
Cacti User

Post by zivley »

Hi Gandalf,
May I know where can I download the latest and most fixed aggregate plugin? I've been reading the 18 pages of this thread and there are a lot of problems and fixes and I've lost focus, is the first post still the source for the plugin? What's the status of it? known bugs or issues, etc?
Thanks,
Ziv
gninja
Cacti User

Post by gninja »

Is there any interest, or thought, towards having automated aggregate graphs?

What's coming up a lot for me, is that we have aggregated graphs of, for example, the slave lag for all the databases in one database cluster.

But we move hosts in/out of that cluster all the time, so every few weeks, I need to regenerate the aggregate graphs.

What would be great, if there was a way to say "Generate this aggregate graph, with this template, including all data sources that have this datasource template"

It could be automatic on graph view... It could be rebuilt on a cron... Not sure what the best way to do it is.. Any thoughts Gandalf? If this isn't something you're working on, or interested in working on, I'll look into doing it myself.
FreeBSD/RHEL
cacti-0.8.7i, spine 0.8.7i, PIA 3.1+boost 5.1
MySQL 5.5/InnoDB
RRDtool 1.2.27, PHP 5.1.6