NBAR Template Problems

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Bookmarc

NBAR Template Problems

Post by Bookmarc »

Hi all,

I'm having a hard time getting the Cisco NBAR (by Deano) working under windows.
Anybody got it working ?

Importing the templates went flawlessly, but now when I select a certain protocol for graphing I don't get any graph .. (red cross only ....)

The rrd doesn't even get created.
I'm out of ideas now ! :(

Any help would be appreciated ! :)
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

I would first verify that the OID's you want to monitor contain data and exist. Then make sure the data template that you've selected contains the correct OIDs.

When you turn on Data Source and graphing debugging... what does it say ?
Bookmarc

Post by Bookmarc »

Hi BSOD,

Running a simple snmpwalk reveals that the OID do exist and contains data.

I forgot to say that to have the script return any data I had to manually edit it. The first time I "associated" the NBAR query with my router I didn't got any data back... So the list of protocols was empty . (refer to this post for an example : http://www.raxnet.net/board/viewtopic.p ... light=nbar) After modifying the php script (I basically added a leading dot at the beginning of each OID in the script...),I got a full list of protocols, just like the one we can see on Deano web page. That's great !

Now suppose I select the http protocol from the list and click create. Cacti is now saing that there is something wrong with the template ...

I don't have the exact error message with me but as soon as I get to work tommorow i'll post it.

Just for curiosity, do you have Win2000/Cacti-0.8.5a/NBAR Template working right now BSOD ? May be the script isn't ready for win2k ?!

Thx !
Bookmarc

Post by Bookmarc »

Well seems that re-installing the template solve the problem... wierd !

:-?