Blan graph and no SNMP info

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Stunty

Blan graph and no SNMP info

Post by Stunty »

Operating System: XP PRO SP2
Webserver: Apache 2.2
Cacti: 0.8.7b
Spine: -
MySQL: MySQL Server 5.0
PHP: PHP 5.2.6
RRDTool (Cygwin or Win32 version): RRDTool 1.2.x
Net-SNMP: yes
Cygwin (cygwin1.dll version): -
Plugin Architecture: -

Hi. I am relatively new to Cacti. I set it up on my Windows machine and added localhost as a device and a virtual machine which runs with windows xp pro sp2.

Both computer use the same community (public). The point that i don't have any graph. I checked many times, I also browsed into many topics to find out any answer but still can't find a solution.

Plz help me :(

Here are : pooler.php
client.jpg
and my cacti.log
Attachments
client cfg
client cfg
error1.jpg (276.64 KiB) Viewed 4866 times
Stunty

Post by Stunty »

Pooler.php & cacti.log here
Attachments
poller.txt
(15.02 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
cacti.txt
cacti's log
(985 Bytes) Downloaded 177 times
poller.txt
(15.02 KiB) Downloaded 583 times
Stunty

Post by Stunty »

SNMP status from the host still unknow...
Attachments
error2.jpg
error2.jpg (65.58 KiB) Viewed 4857 times
dus001

Post by dus001 »

Have you tried to follow the steps described in the documentation to help debuging in such a situation ?
Stunty

Post by Stunty »

How am I supposed to run Linux cmd on windows xp? :o
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

1) Do you really require ping AND snmp uptime detection? I'd recommend just using SNMP. If you want ping too, then at least switch to ICMP.

2) Did you see "WARNING: sockets support not enabled in PHP,falling back to SNMP ping" in your cacti.log? It seems you haven't followed the installation guide at all. Please read it.
Stunty

Post by Stunty »

Well, i remake the all complete procedure.
I have one last error.It seems to be a permission problem but i think i alowed all the user to read or write on this folder.
Attachments
Sans titre.JPG
Sans titre.JPG (60.57 KiB) Viewed 4833 times
Stunty

Post by Stunty »

I replaced the two files snmp.php and function.php and it still not working.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Why did you replace the files.. and more importantly, with what?

Yes, those include errors are very like NTFS permission issues. Did you double-check the IUSR_ account has read/execute permission on those FILES?

If that doesn't turn up anything then read http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=26165
Stunty

Post by Stunty »

I followed the instructions without result.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

You didn't answer any of the questions I asked.
Stunty

Post by Stunty »

BSOD2600 wrote:Why did you replace the files.. and more importantly, with what?

Yes, those include errors are very like NTFS permission issues. Did you double-check the IUSR_ account has read/execute permission on those FILES?

If that doesn't turn up anything then read http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=26165
- I replace the files with the patch of the version 0.8.7.b
- I checked many times the NTFS permission
- I did follow your instructions but without result.

So, i decided to make a completed new installation and now it seems to be working.
Now i can see my localhost but i don't see ant graph and I added a new device but for some reason it doesn't work.

Community are the same. I allowed the SNMP request on my client. I'm using v2 on both devices.

I know a it's painful to help me :x
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Stunty wrote:So, i decided to make a completed new installation and now it seems to be working.
Doesn't sound like it to me.
Stunty wrote:Now i can see my localhost but i don't see ant graph and I added a new device but for some reason it doesn't work.
What do you mean you can see localhost? You see the snmp uptime in the top left corner in cacti? You told it to use the windows host templates right? You're not using any linux / net-snmp templates, right?

What you go to graph management and click on graph debug, what is the error for the "broken" graph(s)?

Why doesn't the new device work? Does cacti show its up?
Stunty

Post by Stunty »

What do you mean you can see localhost? You see the snmp uptime in the top left corner in cacti? You told it to use the windows host templates right? You're not using any linux / net-snmp templates, right?

What i mean, is that i don't get any SNMP informations, or a simple ping from this news device. I can ping this PC with the windows command shell but not throw cacti. I don't have the SNMP info on the left corner as it should be. Or course I used XP/2K template :)

What you go to graph management and click on graph debug, what is the error for the "broken" graph(s)?

Here is the statement of the debug mode :

Data Query [SNMP - Get Mounted Partitions]
+ Running data query [8].
+ Found type = '6 '[script query].
+ Found data query XML file at 'C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/cacti/resource/script_server/host_disk.xml'
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ Executing script for list of indexes 'c:\php\php.exe -q C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\scripts\ss_host_disk.php 192.168.230.234 6 2:161:500:public:::MD5::DES: index'
+ Executing script query 'c:\php\php.exe -q C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\scripts\ss_host_disk.php 192.168.230.234 6 2:161:500:public:::MD5::DES: query index'
+ Executing script query 'c:\php\php.exe -q C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\scripts\ss_host_disk.php 192.168.230.234 6 2:161:500:public:::MD5::DES: query description'
+ Executing script query 'c:\php\php.exe -q C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\scripts\ss_host_disk.php 192.168.230.234 6 2:161:500:public:::MD5::DES: query sau'
+ Found data query XML file at 'C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/cacti/resource/script_server/host_disk.xml'
Data Query [SNMP - Interface Statistics]
+ Running data query [1].
+ Found type = '3' [snmp query].
+ Found data query XML file at 'C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/cacti/resource/snmp_queries/interface.xml'
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ Executing SNMP walk for list of indexes @ '.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.1'
+ No SNMP data returned
+ Found data query XML file at 'C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/cacti/resource/snmp_queries/interface.xml'

Why doesn't the new device work? Does cacti show its up?

Yes cacti does work, but i don't have any graph :D
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Stunty wrote:What do you mean you can see localhost? You see the snmp uptime in the top left corner in cacti? You told it to use the windows host templates right? You're not using any linux / net-snmp templates, right?

What i mean, is that i don't get any SNMP informations, or a simple ping from this news device. I can ping this PC with the windows command shell but not throw cacti. I don't have the SNMP info on the left corner as it should be. Or course I used XP/2K template :)
Then until you are able to see the snmp uptime for each device, NOTHING will work properly. Time to do some checking on your host to validate snmp is properly installed working. Also do some snmp testing with the net-snmp tools (or other if you want) from the cacti server to the device(s).