Windows All-In-One Installer [Cacti 1.2.24] [Updated 2023-03-09]

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

roni

I can not see graph

Post by roni »

I cannot see any graph with this version, I have do some action to fix it but unsuccesfull. I check in the technical support, it report as belowm may be it is reason ?, how to fix ?
RRDTool Version
Notice: Undefined index: Unknown in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cacti\utilities.php on line 268

ERROR: Installed RRDTool version does not match configured version.
Please visit the Configuration Settings and select the correct RRDTool Utility Version.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

1) Where do you get this error?
2) What OS?
3) Have you tried to re-set the rrdtool version to 1.2 in cacti's settings?
samapi123
Cacti User

Post by samapi123 »

Can you help I have an problem with my cacti I had install it with the windows installer in windows 2000. I can´t see the graphs on my cacti. It appears as shown in the picture below. I turn the graph debug mode and it gave me this result can you help me please.

RRDTool Command:

c:/rrdtool/rrdtool.exe graph - \
--imgformat=PNG \
--start=-86400 \
--end=-300 \
--title="localhost - Used Space - C: Label: Seri" \
--rigid \
--base=1024 \
--height=120 \
--width=500 \
--alt-autoscale-max \
--lower-limit=0 \
--vertical-label="bytes" \
--slope-mode \
--font TITLE:10: \
--font AXIS:8: \
--font LEGEND:8: \
--font UNIT:8: \
DEF:a="C\:/Inetpub/wwwroot/cacti/rra/localhost_hdd_total_8.rrd":hdd_total:AVERAGE \
DEF:b="C\:/Inetpub/wwwroot/cacti/rra/localhost_hdd_total_8.rrd":hdd_used:AVERAGE \
AREA:a#002A97FF:"Total" \
GPRINT:a:LAST:"Current\:%8.2lf %s" \
GPRINT:a:AVERAGE:"Average\:%8.2lf %s" \
GPRINT:a:MAX:"Maximum\:%8.2lf %s\n" \
AREA:b#F51D30FF:"Used" \
GPRINT:b:LAST:" Current\:%8.2lf %s" \
GPRINT:b:AVERAGE:"Average\:%8.2lf %s" \
GPRINT:b:MAX:"Maximum\:%8.2lf %s\n"

RRDTool Says:

ERROR: opening 'C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/cacti/rra/localhost_hdd_total_8.rrd': No such file or directory
Attachments
cacti.JPG
cacti.JPG (40.72 KiB) Viewed 6351 times
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

PK

Post by PK »

There is problem with upgrading cacti version from 0.8.6.h to this version,the value of the column called availability of host table was informed out of value.modify the default value 99.99999 to 100 .that's ok.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Thats not a problem with this installer...
AP

Post by AP »

Hi,

Just to inform you that I had a big big problem with PHP and IIS : error 500.

I tried to fix it with the solution in post install doc, but with no result.

I found something ... With .php5 or .php4 extension, pages work fine (I changed files' extensions of course). With .php, error 500.

I hope that this information will serve you ;)

Arnaud,
FRANCE
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Changing extensions isn't a good long term fix for Cacti; obviously php is misconfigured in IIS.

Do me a favor and go through my installation guide, in the PHP and IIS portion. Make sure to click OK to all the dialog boxes when you're double-checking the configuration. Let me know if that fixes the problem.
AP

Post by AP »

Hi,

I really follow the install guide, but with no result. It appears to be a PHP issue.

Don't care, I reinstalled Apache and it works very well ;)
krap_rz

Post by krap_rz »

Hi BSOD,

any chance that you going to make the cacti installer, plugin arch ready? So, in future, once i download the installer, install it, i would be able to add-on any plugin, (without me installing the plugin architecture)
KeyBoarD Is MightieR ThaN ThE sWorD, iF onLy ConNecTed tO tHe InTernET..
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Until the plugin arch becomes officially part of cacti, no. The plugin arch can add extra complexity and/or break cacti in odd ways some times. I'd rather keep the installer basic for users, since many have enough issues with a basic cacti set up as it is.
noeladams

Post by noeladams »

BSOD2600 wrote:Until the plugin arch becomes officially part of cacti, no. The plugin arch can add extra complexity and/or break cacti in odd ways some times. I'd rather keep the installer basic for users, since many have enough issues with a basic cacti set up as it is.
i agree for now, i have had to install it a few times to get it all working but since that its been so nice to have it on my windows box!!!!

Great job btw
raktri4u

Re: BETA Windows Installer [v1.8 - 2008-2-29]

Post by raktri4u »

BSOD2600 wrote:I've put together an all-inclusive Windows installer for Cacti. This is only meant for new installations where you have no existing components installed (i.e. cacti or mysql). It installs the latest versions of all needed applications in their default locations (per the install guide) and should give you a fully functional Cacti. This installer is based on IIS, so you must have it installed before it will work. An Apache version might come out later. Disable your anti-virus for the installer -- it runs some special scripts that configure IIS, MySQL, files and NTFS permissions. Some AV scanners block these events from occurring.

Don't forget to follow the post-install instructions and restart the server before trying to access the Cacti website! After the installer is done, you can check the various install logs in your /cacti/log directory. Lastly, to upgrade Cacti, follow this guide, since the installer is not meant for upgrading.

**Attention**
If you installed Cacti to a location other than C:\, you might have the following in your Event Log Can't find messagefile 'C:\mysql\share\english\errmsg.sys'. I have no idea why this happens, but it causes the MySQL service to not get started by the installer. You must manually start it via the Services tool. Furthermore, because it was not started, the installer was unable to update the paths inside Cacti. Once you logon to your Cacti installation, go to Settings and then Paths. Update the paths for the correct locations.

Changelog:
--1.8 2008-2-29
Installer: Switched to Modern UI 2
Installer: Changed methods of appling NTFS permissions; should work more reliably
Feature: Removed dependency for Cygwin installation and reduced installer by ~31%

Updated software versions for Cacti, MySQL, RRDTool, Cygwin
Current Versions:
-Cacti 0.8.7b
-Spine 0.8.7a
-MySQL 5.0.51a
-PHP 5.2.5
-Net-SNMP 5.4.1.3
-RRDTool 1.2.26
-Cygwin 1.5.25-7
-GetIF 2.3.1
-MySQL Administrator 1.1.19

Older revision history.

A big thanks to rony and DaveHope for hosting the installer.
http://www.tonyroman.us/~bsod/cacti-0.8.7b.1.8.exe
http://files.davehope.co.uk/cacti/

Please report any problems you have regarding the installer in this thread. Generic Cacti problems should go in their own separate thread after you've read this post.

Thanks Buddy for installer..but how to locate our web browser to hv cacti login..i am new to it plz help me as a layman..
rak
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

laymans should NOT be using Cacti... If you don't know how to find your web browser, Cacti is way beyond you.
raktri4u

Post by raktri4u »

BSOD2600 wrote:
laymans should NOT be using Cacti... If you don't know how to find your web browser, Cacti is way beyond you.
Thanks for replying but u r a bit too harsh...thats not the way to treat anyone..never the less..
i hv installed the CACTI,and done the IIS settings as recommended and restarted the server.but when i browse the CACTI as http://servername/cacti then its not showing anything..

If u r not so proud and arrogant then and only then help me otherwise thanks for ur consideration...

Thanks
Rak