Templates for HP Servers

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

ugob

Post by ugob »

It makes sense, but I doubt that you could monitor this via HP SNMP.
Cova

Post by Cova »

ugob:

All of my HP boxes here are running Windows - so I can't comment on your RHEL3 VS 5 problem. I can say that I've got one of almost every windows version possible in there somewhere (2000, 2003, standard, enterprise, x32, x64 - mix'n'match, etc.) and they all work properly.

My cacti box is a VM running CentOS 4.6 - PHP 5.1.6 - cacti 0.8.7b (though those templates were written a few versions ago, I haven't made any changes here) - net-snmp 5.1.2 - apache 2.0.52

Khan:

Yes - some of the servers I monitor also have SAN-attached storage. The "HP Windows Agent" templates will work for you, assuming that it's HP servers with all of the insight agents installed. You won't get any data about what the SAN is doing internally, but you will get the data that Windows Performance Monitor would give you if you looked at the logical or physical disk stats for that drive letter. In other words - you can get from Windows how much traffic its sending to the SAN, but nothing about the SAN itself.
Ripprapp

Can't get these templates to work on Win2003 installation...

Post by Ripprapp »

Hi,
I am running a HP360 but can't get these templats to work towards an Windows2003 Server installation. I do get Interface statistics but not CPU utilization to work for example. When I do a verbose query I get the result below.

Any idea what can be wrong?

Best Regards
/// Fredrik

--------------------------------------------------------

Data Query Debug Information

+ Running data query [11].
+ Found type = '3' [snmp query].
+ Found data query XML file at '/usr/share/cacti/resource/snmp_queries/hpWinOSMgmt-CPU.xml'
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ Executing SNMP walk for list of indexes @ '.1.3.6.1.4.1.232.19.2.3.2.1.1'
+ Located input field 'hpWinCPUIndex' [walk]
+ Executing SNMP walk for data @ '.1.3.6.1.4.1.232.19.2.3.2.1.1'
+ Found item [hpWinCPUIndex='No more variables left in this MIB View (It is past the end of the MIB tree)'] index: 1 [from value]
+ Located input field 'hpWinCPUInstance' [walk]
+ Executing SNMP walk for data @ '.1.3.6.1.4.1.232.19.2.3.2.1.2'
+ Found item [hpWinCPUInstance='No more variables left in this MIB View (It is past the end of the MIB tree)'] index: 2 [from value]
+ Found data query XML file at '/usr/share/cacti/resource/snmp_queries/hpWinOSMgmt-CPU.xml'
st0kes

Post by st0kes »

cyrill wrote:This graph template works well with old server HP (DL380 G4) but no with a new DL380 G5 !!!

The owner of this graph template could be update his template ???
Hey, just thought I would let you know I had this problem and fixed it by resetting the SNMP settings on the DL380 G5 server and reapplying the proliant support pack. After a reboot the snmpwalk was working and snmp queries started reporting values back. Hope this helps!
Suthep

Someone can told me. How to import this template for operate

Post by Suthep »

Someone can told me. How to import this template for operate
tux-

Post by tux- »

Thanks for the great templates, they're doing really well even on non-windows servers the most parts (cpu, temps, hd) are working.

This left me with one big question mark, how to figure out the which sensor is located where?
sumsum
Cacti User

Post by sumsum »

thank you very much for those brilliant solution !
I'm Running those scripts on various (Older and Newer) HP Proliant Servers successfuly !

I'm coming back to the same Q as tux- before asked. Are there any specifications (in the MIB's maybe) around which tells us which Temp Sensor is measuring which device ?

thanx for any advice.
tom
http://www.lounge-radio.com/
ugob

Post by ugob »

sumsum wrote: Are there any specifications (in the MIB's maybe) around which tells us which Temp Sensor is measuring which device ?
I match them against what I see in HP systems management home page.
sumsum
Cacti User

Post by sumsum »

good point ! I'll have a look then.
thanx
tom
http://www.lounge-radio.com/
sa22

Re: Templates for HP Servers

Post by sa22 »

Cova wrote:HP-Windows-Server.zip
Thank you!
HP Proliant DL380 G5 - works fine
Fireball.2k10

Post by Fireball.2k10 »

Hi,

I run
Cacti Version 0.8.7e
Cacti OS unix (Debian Lenny)
SNMP Version NET-SNMP version: 5.4.1
RRDTool Version RRDTool 1.3.x
PHP Version 5.2.6-1+lenny6

can't get the Memory Pagefault run. Any ideas?

Thanks
Hyperlord
Cacti User

Post by Hyperlord »

Hi there,

I implemented those Templates just yesterday, everything okay.

But there are a couple of questions:
- What are memory faults? I mean, what's graphed there?
- The Graph for the array controller reports a permant 100% CPU usage?
- And again, where is a reference for that temp probes?

Anyway a very good work!

brgds
Om Tat Sat
ari

Post by ari »

Hyperlord wrote:Hi there,

I implemented those Templates just yesterday, everything okay.

But there are a couple of questions:
- What are memory faults? I mean, what's graphed there?
- The Graph for the array controller reports a permant 100% CPU usage?
- And again, where is a reference for that temp probes?

Anyway a very good work!

brgds
@work, we implemented hp array controller monitoring in our cacti install, and we are also seeing 100% CPU usage - not constant, in our case it stays in around 10% and then shots up to 100% for a few hours, then back to 10%, and so on.

Also the "Commands per second" and average latency stay in zero all the time. Hence, it may be we are not monitoring the right counters.

Anyone else seeing this behavior and/or found a solution?
Rubn86

Post by Rubn86 »

Hi,

I'm quite new to the Cacti experience and I'm trying to figure out how I can put a value for the temperature bit of this template. I've set up the template and graphs successfully, I'm getting the right values etc.. But there is one thing I would like to change.

When I add the temperature graph I get 5 temperature checks, Temperature Monitor 1 to Temperature Monitor 5
I saw the number represents the index number of the monitored part of the server.

What I would like to do is change that number to represent the name of the Locale value. Like Locale 6 represents the number of the CPU temperature and Locale 10 the Power Supply. So instead of Temperature Monitor 1 I would like to see Temperature Monitor - CPU and so on..

I hope I explained it clear enough.

Can someone point me in the right direction to make this change? Thanks in advance.
Hyperlord
Cacti User

Post by Hyperlord »

Rubn86, I guess thats the same thing the other posters (definitely me) would like to have. But as far as I know the whole temperatur-node numbering sheme differs from generation to generation, maybe from model to model (like dl380 to dl320, G4 to G6 and so on). What we need in this case would be a MIB file. Ther is A LOT (~ 8 GB) stuff related to wmi from HP but I haven't had time to investigate further into that.
Om Tat Sat