Trango Broadband Wireless Templates

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

lonecrow

Post by lonecrow »

This is quite good. VERY good in fact. I have the latest version of cactiez with cacti .8.7b I believe.

It shows all the queries and I can actually pick the SU # to graph and the graphs show up with the - values and everything. It looks great!!

BUT... I'm getting NAN for all of them....

Damnit so close! I've wanted this to work for so long!
lonecrow

Post by lonecrow »

Actually I first tried a highly active and populated Trango Atlas AP, and I was getting NAN.

When I applied the template to a smaller less busy AP it actually started to graph and works good

BUT the graphs are REALLY broken up. Maybe is there a way to change how long in between intervals you poll the AP for the data?
ragnard

Post by ragnard »

I was originally trying to graph every AP and SU on my network, which totals some 15 APs and 500 SU's. It seems the Trango SNMP engine is just too slow. I couldn't get all queries done in the 5 minute windows. This caused all kinds of problems, so I just went back to graphing the AP data and any SU's for customers I know I need to track. The gaps and NANs in my graphs went away.
cliffo

Post by cliffo »

these graphs work great for me. I was wondering though, what is the Range on the graph?
lonecrow

Post by lonecrow »

What I did was set the snmp timeout to 3000ms and allowed for 50 snmp get requests at once. That seemed to help quite a bit.

Some heavily used AP's have some trouble though.

Overall this is very good. Although some will not display the IP even though it is graphing.

Good job.
lonecrow

Post by lonecrow »

One more thing - I keep getting RSSI from AP as a straight line, it isn't graphing actual values.

There a way to fix th is? Evnetually you see a dip back to a straight line. But it isn't really accurately graphing this. Sometimes the graph value is right off. But the values in the bottom where it says best.worst etc is correct.
mckim

XML parse error

Post by mckim »

When trying to use use these to get data for an Atlas using the LINK-45 template, cacti is showing the following verbose query:

Code: Select all

+ Running data query [10].
+ Found type = '3' [snmp query].
+ Found data query XML file at '/var/www/cacti/resource/snmp_queries/trango_link45.xml'
+ Error parsing XML file into an array.
+ Found data query XML file at '/var/www/cacti/resource/snmp_queries/trango_link45.xml'
I can use snmpwalk just fine for the OIDs listed in the XML file. The error would seem to indicate that the problem is occurring before any SNMP data is retrieved.
I am using cacti version 0.8.7b, but I didn't see anything in the changelog that should have created problems from 0.8.7a.
Any ideas what might be causing this?
mckim

Re: XML parse error

Post by mckim »

mckim wrote:When trying to use use these to get data for an Atlas using the LINK-45 template, cacti is showing the following verbose query:

Code: Select all

+ Running data query [10].
+ Found type = '3' [snmp query].
+ Error parsing XML file into an array.
I can use snmpwalk just fine for the OIDs listed in the XML file. The error would seem to indicate that the problem is occurring before any SNMP data is retrieved.
I am using cacti version 0.8.7b, but I didn't see anything in the changelog that should have created problems from 0.8.7a.
Any ideas what might be causing this?
It turned out that the cacti user didn't have read permissions set on the xml file. Once I corrected the permissions, everything worked perfectly.