Realtime (graph), v0.33

Announcements concerning Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

Larry - just FYI, the browser I am using is IE7.

Will confirm error messages tomorrow.
Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
RRDTool Version RRDTool 1.4.7
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b
tarunsood

Post by tarunsood »

hi now i have upgraded my cacti to the latest version 0.8.7b and also upgraded the plugin architecture and i was able to setup the cache directory path also

but i am still getting some error while running realtime pluging i think there is some path issue can any one suggest what needs to be changed
PHP Warning: main(./include/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/realtime/poller_rt.php on line 31
PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening './include/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/realtime/poller_rt.php on line 31
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: config in /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/realtime/poller_rt.php on line 33
PHP Warning: main(/lib/poller.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/realtime/poller_rt.php on line 33
PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening '/lib/poller.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/realtime/poller_rt.php on line 33
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: config in /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/realtime/poller_rt.php on line 34
PHP Warning: main(/lib/data_query.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/realtime/poller_rt.php on line 34
PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening '/lib/data_query.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/realtime/poller_rt.php on line 34
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: config in /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/realtime/poller_rt.php on line 35
PHP Warning: main(/lib/graph_export.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/realtime/poller_rt.php on line 35
PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening '/lib/graph_export.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/realtime/poller_rt.php on line 35
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: config in /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/realtime/poller_rt.php on line 36
PHP Warning: main(/lib/rrd.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/realtime/poller_rt.php on line 36
PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening '/lib/rrd.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/realtime/poller_rt.php on line 36
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: read_config_option() in /var/www/html/cacti/plugins/realtime/poller_rt.php on line 101
ERROR: opening '/var/www/html/cacti/cachedir/realtime_477_5.rrd': No such file or directory
vi
mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

TheWitness wrote:
mcutting wrote:This no longer works for me under Windows ? The RRD file gets created in the cache directory, but no graph is displayed ?
What browser version. Edit setup.php and change status=no to status=yes and look for error messages.

TheWtiness
Larry,

Browser is IE7. Despite changing status=no to status=yes in setup.php, there are no error messages displayed. The RRD file is created in the Cache directory, but there is no image displayed. In fact, the only thing it does do is eventually crash Apache on my Cacti server.

Version 0.31 works with no issues whatsoever !!

Any ideas ?
Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b
Dyr

Post by Dyr »

TheWitness wrote:
Please goto Settings->Misc and specify a separate path so as to not use the <rra> folder. Make sure it is also rwx.

Regards,

TheWitness
Oh, thanks a lot!
I don't understand, how could I miss it.
mandor101

Post by mandor101 »

I have upgrade to 0.8.7b and new plugin arch and updated all the plugins. All plugins work except realtime. The window displays with the no image icon and no files are created in the realtime folder. I can't find any logs in httpd or cacti.log to give any indication anything is wrong.

I wonder if there is a permissions issue in the way the realtime plugin is being executed. How does realtime query SNMP values? Does it use the lib snmp.php, ping.php, etc, does it use raw sockets to do the test? Is there a way to manual execute some of the realtime scripts to test for permissions? This feels very similar to the advanced ping issues I had with "pinging" as the owner of cacti, but was able to as root.

Thanks

Cacti Version - 0.8.7b
Plugin Architecture - 2.1
Poller Type - Cactid v
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

mandor101 wrote:I have upgrade to 0.8.7b and new plugin arch and updated all the plugins. All plugins work except realtime. The window displays with the no image icon and no files are created in the realtime folder. I can't find any logs in httpd or cacti.log to give any indication anything is wrong.

I wonder if there is a permissions issue in the way the realtime plugin is being executed. How does realtime query SNMP values? Does it use the lib snmp.php, ping.php, etc, does it use raw sockets to do the test? Is there a way to manual execute some of the realtime scripts to test for permissions? This feels very similar to the advanced ping issues I had with "pinging" as the owner of cacti, but was able to as root.

Thanks

Cacti Version - 0.8.7b
Plugin Architecture - 2.1
Poller Type - Cactid v
It's entirely possible that this could be related to the poller. Of course, Cactid is not supported under 0.8.7b.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

mcutting wrote:
TheWitness wrote:
mcutting wrote:This no longer works for me under Windows ? The RRD file gets created in the cache directory, but no graph is displayed ?
What browser version. Edit setup.php and change status=no to status=yes and look for error messages.

TheWtiness
Larry,

Browser is IE7. Despite changing status=no to status=yes in setup.php, there are no error messages displayed. The RRD file is created in the Cache directory, but there is no image displayed. In fact, the only thing it does do is eventually crash Apache on my Cacti server.

Version 0.31 works with no issues whatsoever !!

Any ideas ?
I'll PM you the most upto date. Let me know it that works. Does it work in Firefox?

Larry
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

Thanks Larry. I can also confirm that it doesn't work in Firefox either...:(
Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b
myakove2

get php error on apache log

Post by myakove2 »

hi
i install the plugin and grant permission to cache folder and rra folder
my cache folder i empty and i get errors in apache log

"PHP Warning: socket_create(): Unable to create socket [1]: Operation not permitted in /usr/share/cacti/lib/ping.php on line 117
PHP Warning: socket_set_block() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /usr/share/cacti/lib/ping.php on line 119
ERROR: opening '/usr/share/cacti/rra/cache/realtime_289_5.rrd': No such file or directory"

cacti 0.8.7b run on linux
what should i do?

thanks
TheWitness
Developer

Re: get php error on apache log

Post by TheWitness »

myakove2 wrote:hi

"PHP Warning: socket_create(): Unable to create socket [1]: Operation not permitted in /usr/share/cacti/lib/ping.php on line 117
PHP Warning: socket_set_block() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /usr/share/cacti/lib/ping.php on line 119
ERROR: opening '/usr/share/cacti/rra/cache/realtime_289_5.rrd': No such file or directory"

what should i do?

thanks
This is likely caused by you attempting to create a raw socket using cmd.php for an ICMP ping, which of course is not permitted from a non-root account (apache). Can you confirm. I guess I also need to research that in this context. Should we be performing availability checks, or even using cmd.php.

I will consider this as well as a fix/workaround for problems in IE.

TheWitness

myakove2

Re: get php error on apache log

Post by myakove2 »

TheWitness wrote:
myakove2 wrote:hi

what should i do?

thanks
This is likely caused by you attempting to create a raw socket using cmd.php for an ICMP ping, which of course is not permitted from a non-root account (apache). Can you confirm. I guess I also need to research that in this context. Should we be performing availability checks, or even using cmd.php.

I will consider this as well as a fix/workaround for problems in IE.

TheWitness
i'm using spine and not cmd.php
and i get this log when i open the "realtime" graph
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

I'm getting ready to do another push 0.33 here shortly. It allows the system to use both full Ajax and a forced Ajax for IE (aka Page refresh). It also removes uptime checks from the poller.

TheWitness

TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

I just pushed v0.33 on page1. It addresses a few issues seen here:
-bug: Some browsers have problem with the Ajax method, make optional
-bug: Remove cacti availability checks as they cause problems with some systems.
Again, only compatible with 0.8.7b.

Regards,

TheWitness

myakove2

Post by myakove2 »

TheWitness wrote:I just pushed v0.33 on page1. It addresses a few issues seen here:
-bug: Some browsers have problem with the Ajax method, make optional
-bug: Remove cacti availability checks as they cause problems with some systems.
Again, only compatible with 0.8.7b.

Regards,

TheWitness
thanks
solved my errors and i can see the realtime graphs
mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

Unfortunately, V0.33 is still the same - won't work for me. All it seems to do is crash Apache on my system, despite switching ajax on or off :(

Gone back to V0.31, which works great.

Regds
Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b