Realtime (graph), v0.33

Announcements concerning Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

All,

I have updated the authors plugin again. I have not implemented Ajax, but a few other niceties. They are as follows:
-bug: Fix issue in Windows with extra slash
-bug: Allow to work with previous versions of Cacti
-bug: Keep dropdowns from reseting
-bug: Allow full display on IE6
-bug: Change image from png to gif to correct visual affect on substandard browsers (IE6 again)
Todo's have not change. However, Ajax has been added to the list.

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

TheWitness wrote:All,

I have updated the authors plugin again. I have not implemented Ajax, but a few other niceties. They are as follows:
-bug: Fix issue in Windows with extra slash
-bug: Allow to work with previous versions of Cacti
-bug: Keep dropdowns from reseting
-bug: Allow full display on IE6
-bug: Change image from png to gif to correct visual affect on substandard browsers (IE6 again)
Todo's have not change. However, Ajax has been added to the list.

TheWitness
Larry,
you're always busy as a bee! :wink:

Yesterday I checked out 0.3 at work and wrote 3 of your bugfixes too. :roll:
Is it planned to integrate a global class for Ajax into Cacti? I've also some new features on my roadmap for the next versions of ReportIt which will be based on Ajax.

Best regards
-Andreas-
Hat das Blümchen einen Knick, war der Schmetterling zu dick! ;)
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Download ReportIt | Download SNMPAgent | ReportIt SVN | ReportIt Templates | Wish list
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Download ReportIt | Download SNMPAgent | ReportIt SVN | ReportIt Templates | Wish list
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Larry,
you missed to change the setup to support 0.8.6j as well,
because checking the path with "dirpath" is not supported in 0.86j.

Everybody who wants to use v0.3.1 with 0.86 should replace the following line in setup.php:

Code: Select all

Line 64
"method" => "dirpath",

change to:
"method" => "textbox",
Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Ok, it doesn't seems to be compatible with 0.86j.
There are too many SQL issues.

Sorry, if I misled somebody.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Andreas,

Thanks for testing this out on 0.8.6x. I think you are correct. I went down the road only partially and got the low hanging fruit. I don't know if I can afford more time to backport all the differences between versions.

I would prefer to simply encourage people who "can" upgrade, to do so. I will have a better spine shortly, so that will provide additional incentive.

Yes, Ajax will be included. The API has not been selected. We did plan to use XAjax, but it may not be compatible with EXTJS. So, we need to think about that. Right now, I am simply using the code reference in the cycle plugin to implement simple callbacks. It's not rocket science.

Regards,

Larry
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
Dyr

Post by Dyr »

When I try to choose real-time graph, I've got a message:
The Image Cache Directory is not writable. Please set permissions and then attempt to open another realtime graph.
However, I've done chmod a+wx at rra directory:

drwxrwxrwx   2 cacti  cacti   132096 12 фев 03:57 rra
What should I do?
Jacek_nykis

Post by Jacek_nykis »

Hi all,

I installed new version of plugin, unfortunately it still does not work, I have still the same problem. Around line 134 in graph_image_rt.php there are two database queries. As far as I can see they do not return any values.
Do you have any ideas how I could debug it or provide you with more information?

I am using cacti 0.8.7b on Linux.

Regards
Jack
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Jack,

Don't know how I missed it. I have to make some other changes. Will be on the road this afternoon, so I will not be able to get to it right away.

TheWitness

TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Dyr wrote:When I try to choose real-time graph, I've got a message:
The Image Cache Directory is not writable. Please set permissions and then attempt to open another realtime graph.
However, I've done chmod a+wx at rra directory:

drwxrwxrwx   2 cacti  cacti   132096 12 фев 03:57 rra
What should I do?
Please goto Settings->Misc and specify a separate path so as to not use the <rra> folder. Make sure it is also rwx.

Regards,

TheWitness

TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Jacek_nykis wrote:Hi all,

I installed new version of plugin, unfortunately it still does not work, I have still the same problem. Around line 134 in graph_image_rt.php there are two database queries. As far as I can see they do not return any values.
Do you have any ideas how I could debug it or provide you with more information?

I am using cacti 0.8.7b on Linux.

Regards
Jack
Post the error from your Cacti Log.

Thanks,

TheWitness

Jacek_nykis

Post by Jacek_nykis »

TheWitness wrote:
Post the error from your Cacti Log.

Thanks,

TheWitness
Hi,

Thanks for you response.
There are no entries in cacti.log even if I use debug log level.
Is there any specific info you need? I could add some ugly exec("logger") lines to php script and provide you with output.

Regards
Jack
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Jack,

You should be getting an error message in the log. PM me your apache log.

TheWitness

mandor101

Post by mandor101 »

I'm getting the following in the apache error log...Right now I am getting the new window with the time functions and countdown and the big red X....

[client x.x.x.x] PHP Warning: reset(): Passed variable is not an array or object in /var/www/html/plugins/realtime/graph_image_rt.php on line 565, referer: https://x.x.x.x/plugins/realtime/graph_ ... h_id=17253

Permissions on realtime dir

drwxrwxrwx 2 apache apache 4096 Apr 27 19:34 realtime

And no files in directory
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

mandor101 wrote:I'm getting the following in the apache error log...Right now I am getting the new window with the time functions and countdown and the big red X....

[client x.x.x.x] PHP Warning: reset(): Passed variable is not an array or object in /var/www/html/plugins/realtime/graph_image_rt.php on line 565, referer: https://x.x.x.x/plugins/realtime/graph_ ... h_id=17253

Permissions on realtime dir

drwxrwxrwx 2 apache apache 4096 Apr 27 19:34 realtime

And no files in directory
mandor101,

First apply the one patch below from the Cacti web site:

wget http://www.cacti.net/downloads/patches/0.8.7b/reset_each_patch.patch
patch -p1 -N < reset_each_patch.patch
TheWitness