Status => Success [0 items, 0 rows]

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

remm

Status => Success [0 items, 0 rows]

Post by remm »

Hi everyone, :D
I have a problem with my Data Queries...Suddenly, their status indicates Success [0 items, 0 rows]. I don't understand why, so I look the Verbose Query but all seems to be ok. :-?
Graphs I made, go on updating, that's quite positive, but it's now impossible for me to create new graphs for the Hosts I 've created. :cry:
So, I'm totally lost !
Anyone could help me ?
thx
note : i've the same problem with all of my data queries on every host I'm monitoring

maybe this can help :

SNMP Information
System: Hardware: x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 10 AT/AT COMPATIBLE - Software: Windows 2000 Version 5.0 (Build 2195 Multiprocessor Free)
Uptime: Timeticks: (285289209) 33 days, 0:28:12.09
Hostname: TOUGED12

+ Running data query [1].
+ Found type = '3' [snmp query].
+ Found data query XML file at '/usr/share/cacti/resource/snmp_queries/interface.xml'
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ Executing SNMP walk for list of indexes @ '.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.1'
+ Located input field 'ifIndex' [walk]
+ Executing SNMP walk for data @ '.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.1'
+ Found item [ifIndex='1'] index: 1 [from value]
+ Found item [ifIndex='16777219'] index: 16777219 [from value]
+ Located input field 'ifDesc' [walk]
+ Executing SNMP walk for data @ '.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.2'
+ Found item [ifDesc='MS TCP Loopback interface'] index: 1 [from value]
+ Found item [ifDesc='HP 10/100TX PCI Ethernet Driver'] index: 16777219 [from value]
+ Located input field 'ifName' [walk]
+ Executing SNMP walk for data @ '.1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.1'
+ Found item [ifName=''] index: [from value]
+ Located input field 'ifAlias' [walk]
+ Executing SNMP walk for data @ '.1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.18'
+ Found item [ifAlias=''] index: [from value]
+ Located input field 'ifType' [walk]
+ Executing SNMP walk for data @ '.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.3'
+ Found item [ifType='softwareLoopback(24)'] index: 1 [from value]
+ Found item [ifType='ethernetCsmacd(6)'] index: 16777219 [from value]
+ Located input field 'ifSpeed' [walk]
+ Executing SNMP walk for data @ '.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.5'
+ Found item [ifSpeed='10000000'] index: 1 [from value]
+ Found item [ifSpeed='100000000'] index: 16777219 [from value]
+ Located input field 'ifHwAddr' [walk]
+ Executing SNMP walk for data @ '.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.6'
+ Found item [ifHwAddr=''] index: 1 [from value]
+ Found item [ifHwAddr='00:00:30:6E:11:E6:77'] index: 16777219 [from value]
+ Located input field 'ifIP' [walk]
+ Executing SNMP walk for data @ '.1.3.6.1.2.1.4.20.1.2'
+ Found item [ifIP='IP-MIB::ipAdEntIfIndex.127.0.0.1'] index: 1 [from regexp parse]
+ Found item [ifIP='IP-MIB::ipAdEntIfIndex.170.1.10.7'] index: 16777219 [from regexp parse]
remm

Post by remm »

It seems that nobody gets inspired... :(
So, is there anyone who could give me advices to steer me in my quest ?! :P
remm

Post by remm »

new clue :
my localhost graphs are ok,
but the graphs of my distant hosts are no more updated since last friday :-? , except my routers' CPU usage, I don't understand why.
Something strange is that I have a Cacti station working with Win2k and I can monitore all of those no-more-updated graphs :o . I have no problem with the number of rows and items.
What does it mean ???? :cry:
Lux
Cacti User

Post by Lux »

You're from Tours? Pretty little town and loads of fun to boot.

As for your problem, I only have a few vague ideas, but they may be worth looking into....

1) what have you changed in your network, cacti server, firewall since cacti stopped working? Check your access lists and SNMP community strings. If there is another administrator for the systems that are not responding, they may have changed somthing with their systems....

2) Have you upgraded or changed Cacti recently? If the upgrade didn't work properly, or if you have made some custom collection scripts/SNMP variables, they may not have been moved to the new installation.

3) You said that the things that are not updating/responding are remote devices. Are these things on the other side of your firewall? If so, check with the firewall administrator to see if they have changed something. Likewise, if you have changed your cacti server, or given it a new ID address, the firewall/access lists may not be allowing your SNMP traffic through.

Let me know if any of this helps.

Mike
remm

Post by remm »

thx for your help mike :wink: , but one of my colleagues has found a solution. :P
it appeared that there was a problem with the xml files, we had to import those files (I don't knom why). After this manipulation, I had the right number of items and rows, but my graphs wasn't updated. So, I had to remove all hosts and Data Sources concerned, and to recreate them indicating the original rrd file name to keep the old data.

ps : you forgot that, in the region of tours, there are a lot of good vines to taste (with moderation :D )