No rra's are created

Post support questions that directly relate to Linux/Unix operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Atkatla
Cacti User

No rra's are created

Post by Atkatla »

Hello,
I am new to cacti and also to Linux (Suse10.3). I installed cacti, but i cant see any graphs because there are no RRA-Files in /cacti/rra. For the beginning I just want to get the localhost graphs to work.

The cronentry in /etc/crontab:
*/5 * * * * cactiuser php /srv/www/htdocs/cacti/poller.php > /dev/null 2>&1

Position of Cacti: /srv/www/htdocs/cacti

I run poller.php once under root. As result 3 entries appeared in the cacti log file:
04/14/2008 10:05:11 PM - POLLER: Poller[0] NOTE: Cron is configured to run too often! The Poller Interval is '300' seconds, with a minimum Cron period of '300' seconds, but only 10 seconds have passed since the poller last ran.
04/14/2008 10:05:11 PM - POLLER: Poller[0] NOTE: Poller Int: '300', Cron Int: '300', Time Since Last: '10', Max Runtime '298', Poller Runs: '1'
04/14/2008 10:05:11 PM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] DEBUG: SQL Cell: "select count(*) from poller_item where rrd_next_step<=0"

Poller logging level is Debug. There are no other entries.
Poller is set to cmd.php.
What can be the reason? Wrong access rights?
buck

Post by buck »

Make sure you did this step:

Set the appropriate permissions on cacti's directories for graph/log generation. You should execute these commands from inside cacti's directory to change the permissions.

chown -R cactiuser rra/ log/

Also, change /dev/null 2>&1 to /srv/www/htdocs/cacti/log/poller.log 2>&1
and see if you get more information there.

Since the cron job will run as cactiuser run your test from the command line as cactiuser. You can change to this user with this command: su - cactiuser
Atkatla
Cacti User

Post by Atkatla »

Many thanks to you, Buck. I watched the console logfile and I really forgot the chown line.

For now it works. Yay!