[SOLVED] Graphing Issue with Cacti

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

marty_one

[SOLVED] Graphing Issue with Cacti

Post by marty_one »

This might just be one of the basic things that I am missing.

Version Info:
Apache 2.0.63
php 4.4.8
net-snmp 5.4.1
mysql 5.0.51
rrdtool 1.2.15
cacti 0.8.7b
cacti-spine 0.8.7a

Through the config and setup I have identified my localhost as a windows machine. The paths are correct through the console->settings->paths (File Found).

I have set the logging to debug to see if there were any errors being generated that stopped the graphs from being produced. Everytime I try and view a graph I see the call in the log file, but the image is not produced (i am using firefox 2.0.0.11). Through IE 6 i just get a small box with a X in it.

I have also set the rrdtool version to 1.2.x as mentioned through the setup and various posts in the forums. The data collection has been running for a while now so there is data there to be reported on.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Re: Graphing Issue with Cacti

Post by BSOD2600 »

marty_one wrote: The data collection has been running for a while now so there is data there to be reported on.
Did you verify that by looking in the rrd files?

Have you read http://docs.cacti.net/node/283 ?
marty_one

Post by marty_one »

I am still in the process of setting this up. I might have just screwed up everything in the database, as now there are no rra's being generated. So I might recreate the database and start from scratch. As I understand a little more about the setup and configuration now.

Is there anything that I should really keep in mind about running this under windows? The first thing that I am trying to setup is the monitoring on the machine it is running on.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

marty_one wrote:Is there anything that I should really keep in mind about running this under windows?
Umm not really. Either read my installation guide or try the installer if you're starting fresh.
marty_one

Post by marty_one »

okay, I have re-created the database. for me it was a thing of starting from a known setup.

I have run the rrdtool statements as noted from your guide, data is returned. Here is the weird thing though. If I switch graph view from tree to list and then click on a name (eg: Localhost - Load Average) the graphs show (at the moment with no data because its trying to run *nix stats gathering on windows) I get the breakdown graphs for each of the different time periods.

I don't get any graphs in preview mode or the tree list mode. Any ideas?
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

wrong rrdtool version selected in cactis settings.
marty_one

Post by marty_one »

Awesom thanks.

All I need to do now is get the system to start grabbing snapshots of the local windows machine.