ucd/net-SNMP lmSensors -- update November 11, 2010

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

orion

Post by orion »

Sounds like your missing LM_sensors support in snmp
what Linux distra are you using?
mhoogenbosch

Post by mhoogenbosch »

i'm getting my tems in the misc section of snmp, is there a way to read these values in cacti?

can this be done by a simple adjustment to the php script, or can i make snmp to reportback with the correct names?

Probaly the reason for my temps showing up in misc is the kernel patch i have to apply for my temps to show
orion

Post by orion »

I think all you need to do is relabel the temps correctly and then it should pick them up. I believe they have to be temp1,temp2.. etc

Not sure how to do tat though I think you just need to put them into the conf file /etc/sensors.conf but I could be wrong
mhoogenbosch

Post by mhoogenbosch »

orion wrote:I think all you need to do is relabel the temps correctly and then it should pick them up. I believe they have to be temp1,temp2.. etc

Not sure how to do tat though I think you just need to put them into the conf file /etc/sensors.conf but I could be wrong
that's the weird thing, in sensors.conf the sensors are named correctly :

chip "f71882fg-*"

# Temperature
label temp1 "CPU"
label temp2 "System"
ignore temp3

and if i check phpsysinfo the correct temps are beeing displayd
orion

Post by orion »

Well then thats beyond my knowledge but in saying that if you do find a solution please let me know cause I have the same issue with the voltages on one of my computers
skysurfer

Post by skysurfer »

orion wrote:Sounds like your missing LM_sensors support in snmp
what Linux distra are you using?
I have built net-snmp with lm_sensors support. I 'm using Arch Linux
tiger.tw

lmsensors via smpt and cacti 0.8.7a

Post by tiger.tw »

skysurfer wrote:lm_sensors not working since upgrade to cacti 0.8.7a

need help plz :)
I had some trouble to setup this plugin in cacti 0.8.7a, too.

I tried to get it working with snmp V3. But it looks like there are some changes in version 0.8.7 regarding snmp, so i had to alter some of the plugin scripts. Now they work fine (for me).

Does someone know who is maintaining this project?
Perhaps my changes will be usefull
tiger.tw

lmsensors via smpt and cacti 0.8.7a

Post by tiger.tw »

Find my modified version for cacti 0.8.7a attached to this post.
No guarantee that it is working for everyone. I am using it with snmp V3.

I have not made any changes to the templates.
Only files in "scripts" and "script_queries" directory were altered.

Happy testing...
Attachments
cacti-0.8.7a-netsnmp-lmsensors.zip
(26.41 KiB) Downloaded 1844 times
skysurfer

Post by skysurfer »

No luck here :(
tiger.tw

Post by tiger.tw »

skysurfer wrote:No luck here :(
I had compiled net-snmp-5.2.4 (got other problems with newer versions, so i used the older one) myself on SuSE Linux 9.3, SuSe Linux 10.0 and Debian Etch with the following compile-string.

Code: Select all

./configure  '--prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--with-sys-contact=root@localhost' '--with-mib-modules=host ucd-snmp/pass_persist misc/ipfwacc smux ucd-snmp/diskio tunnel disman/event-mib ucd-snmp/lmSensors' '--with-persistent-directory=/var/lib/net-snmp' '--with-libwrap=/usr' '--with-libs=-lsensors' '--sysconfdir=/etc'

Using lmsensors 2.9.1 on SuSE and lmsensors 2.10.1 on Debian

Cannot say more on this.

Does this patch work for other downloaders?
mhoogenbosch

Post by mhoogenbosch »

orion wrote:Well then thats beyond my knowledge but in saying that if you do find a solution please let me know cause I have the same issue with the voltages on one of my computers
well, it actually was quite simple. Once i've changed snmp query in netsnmp_lmsensors.php it just worked.

This can be done with the fans aswell, in my case they're in the misc categroy aswell.
skysurfer

Post by skysurfer »

well... i am stupid! :P

the problem was that lm_sensors 3.x wasn't compatible with my net-snmp version.

a downgrade did the job. everything's fine now

thank u all for the help! :)
cwahlin
Cacti User

Post by cwahlin »

I am getting Success [0 Items, 0 Rows] from the Verbose Query, but when I do an SNMP walk everything is fine:
snmpwalk -v 2c -c *** *.*.*.* sensors
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmTempSensorsIndex.1 = INTEGER: 0
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmTempSensorsIndex.2 = INTEGER: 1
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmTempSensorsIndex.3 = INTEGER: 2
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmTempSensorsDevice.1 = STRING: Chip Temp
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmTempSensorsDevice.2 = STRING: CPU Temp
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmTempSensorsDevice.3 = STRING: Sys Temp
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmTempSensorsValue.1 = Gauge32: 53000
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmTempSensorsValue.2 = Gauge32: 86000
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmTempSensorsValue.3 = Gauge32: 52000
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmVoltSensorsIndex.1 = INTEGER: 0
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmVoltSensorsIndex.2 = INTEGER: 1
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmVoltSensorsIndex.3 = INTEGER: 2
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmVoltSensorsIndex.4 = INTEGER: 3
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmVoltSensorsIndex.5 = INTEGER: 4
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmVoltSensorsIndex.6 = INTEGER: 5
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmVoltSensorsIndex.7 = INTEGER: 6
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmVoltSensorsDevice.1 = STRING: +2.5V
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmVoltSensorsDevice.2 = STRING: VCore
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmVoltSensorsDevice.3 = STRING: +3.3V
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmVoltSensorsDevice.4 = STRING: +5V
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmVoltSensorsDevice.5 = STRING: VCC
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmVoltSensorsDevice.6 = STRING: +1.5V
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmVoltSensorsDevice.7 = STRING: +1.8V
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmVoltSensorsValue.1 = Gauge32: 2500
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmVoltSensorsValue.2 = Gauge32: 1723
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmVoltSensorsValue.3 = Gauge32: 3334
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmVoltSensorsValue.4 = Gauge32: 5155
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmVoltSensorsValue.5 = Gauge32: 3334
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmVoltSensorsValue.6 = Gauge32: 1516
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmVoltSensorsValue.7 = Gauge32: 1808
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmMiscSensorsIndex.1 = INTEGER: 0
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmMiscSensorsIndex.2 = INTEGER: 1
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmMiscSensorsDevice.1 = STRING: vid
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmMiscSensorsDevice.2 = STRING: vrm
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmMiscSensorsValue.1 = Gauge32: 1750
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmMiscSensorsValue.2 = Gauge32: 9000
Do I have to change anything in sensors.conf? I checked the file, and it seems like everything is labeled with temp1 etc?

This is from the Verbose Query:
+ Running data query [27].
+ Found type = '4 '[script query].
+ Found data query XML file at '/var/www/html/resource/script_queries/lmsensors_temp.xml'
+ XML file parsed ok.
+ Executing script for list of indexes '/usr/bin/php -q /var/www/html/scripts/netsnmp_lmsensors.php temperature *.*.*.*, ***, 2, , , 161, 500 index'
+ Executing script query '/usr/bin/php -q /var/www/html/scripts/netsnmp_lmsensors.php temperature *.*.*.*, ***, 2, , , 161, 500 query sensorDevice'
+ Executing script query '/usr/bin/php -q /var/www/html/scripts/netsnmp_lmsensors.php temperature *.*.*.*, ***, 2, , , 161, 500 query sensorName'
+ Found data query XML file at '/var/www/html/resource/script_queries/lmsensors_temp.xml'
/Carl
tiger.tw

Post by tiger.tw »

cwahlin wrote:I am getting Success [0 Items, 0 Rows] from the Verbose Query, but when I do an SNMP walk everything is fine:

Do I have to change anything in sensors.conf? I checked the file, and it seems like everything is labeled with temp1 etc?

+ XML file parsed ok.
+ Executing script for list of indexes '/usr/bin/php -q /var/www/html/scripts/netsnmp_lmsensors.php temperature *.*.*.*, ***, 2, , , 161, 500 index'
+ Executing script query '/usr/bin/php -q /var/www/html/scripts/netsnmp_lmsensors.php temperature *.*.*.*, ***, 2, , , 161, 500 query sensorDevice'
+ Executing script query '/usr/bin/php -q /var/www/html/scripts/netsnmp_lmsensors.php temperature *.*.*.*, ***, 2, , , 161, 500 query sensorName'
/Carl

Some informations about your system like OS and versionnumbers of sensors, snmp, cacti, plugin, etc. could be helpful to help you ;-)
cwahlin
Cacti User

Post by cwahlin »

tiger.tw wrote:
cwahlin wrote:I am getting Success [0 Items, 0 Rows] from the Verbose Query, but when I do an SNMP walk everything is fine:

+ XML file parsed ok.
/Carl

Some informations about your system like OS and versionnumbers of sensors, snmp, cacti, plugin, etc. could be helpful to help you ;-)
Ah, ok :)

I am running a Fedora 6 machine with a recently upgraded 0.8.7b Cacti.
RRD 1.2.x, net-snmp 5.3.1

I am trying to poll another FC6 box running net-snmp 5.0.1 ans sensors 2.6.3. As I wrote before, the snmp walk works fine, but not the query...

/Carl