Aggregate, now at V0.66

Announcements concerning Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Aggreagate currently isn't working with 087. Not a big task, though. Just time's lacking
Reinhard
gvibe06

doesn't work on 0.86j

Post by gvibe06 »

I have PA 1.1 for my installation installed.
I followed your instructions for installing this version of Aggregate.

But I do not see a "Create Aggregate Graph" in the drop down at Graph Management, as is suggested I should.

How do I troubleshoot this?
sickdm

aggregate in 0.8.7a

Post by sickdm »

looking forward to playing with this in 0.8.7a!

Just upgraded before working with this plugin so dont really want to roll back now as 0.8.7a is nice.
fmangeant
Cacti Guru User

Re: doesn't work on 0.86j

Post by fmangeant »

gvibe06 wrote:I have PA 1.1 for my installation installed.
I followed your instructions for installing this version of Aggregate.

But I do not see a "Create Aggregate Graph" in the drop down at Graph Management, as is suggested I should.

How do I troubleshoot this?
Hi

go to user management, and add the "create aggregate graphs" right to your user.
[size=84]
[color=green]HOWTOs[/color] :
[list][*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=15353]Install and configure the Net-SNMP agent for Unix[/url]
[*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=26151]Install and configure the Net-SNMP agent for Windows[/url]
[*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=28175]Graph multiple servers using an SNMP proxy[/url][/list]
[color=green]Templates[/color] :
[list][*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=15412]Multiple CPU usage for Linux[/url]
[*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?p=125152]Memory & swap usage for Unix[/url][/list][/size]
JVandermark

Post by JVandermark »

If you are impatient, you can get the plugin working quite easily...

Change Line 99 of \aggregate_functions.php
From
include($config["include_path"] . "/config_arrays.php");
To
include($config["include_path"] . "/global_arrays.php");

This should get *most* of the functionality back. :lol:
sickdm

Post by sickdm »

JVandermark - yeah that's one of the issues, fixed it, but more errors after that that are more complex for someone who didn't write this stuff...

Impatient? A little :)
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

JVandermark wrote:If you are impatient, you can get the plugin working quite easily..
Yeah, you're right. Added to the code and uploaded (see first post of this thread) along with another bug fix
Reinhard
barney34

hello

Post by barney34 »

deleted due to local ID10T errors
peppermint
Cacti User

The items order in aggregation

Post by peppermint »

Hi Gandolf,

Thanks for the wonderful aggregation plugin, in my company since as we combine multiple ports to enlarge the bandwidth so this plugin has been our treasure. :wink:

One thing I noticed is the early and the latest version, assuming you are changing the item in Graph templete (i.e change properties for paticular item..etc), when I come back to the aggregation graphs, the items are all shuffled around. I found it is hard to rearrange the order so I had to recreate the graph, I don't know how hard to adjust in the source code base, but it does not look like a good item to customize the graph templetes after creating the aggregation graph especially when there are many plots are graphed in one chart...

Pepper
keislidl

Multiple Instances for Aggregate Graphs?

Post by keislidl »

Does anyone try to aggregate graphs for multiple instances of one machine? I currently have many disk volumes per hostname for a group of graphs I would like to aggregate. When I do the aggregate, the line

$save["text_format"] = $hostname . " " . $save["text_format"];

applies the hostname in front of the $text_format, which is "KB Used" for me. This has the effect of labeling the graph labels:

hostname1 KB Used
hostname1 KB Used
hostname1 KB Used
hostname2 KB Used
hostname2 KB Used

etc.

What I need is to be able to pull the "data_template_data.name_cache" variable that's in the function above and prepend it to text_format, however, I cannot seem to understand how I can get the correct value to the aggregate_graphs_action_prepare() function.

Does anyone have any similar issues?

TIA,

Daniel
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

Not much time now. Please post a screenshot and some few words what you wouzld like to see instead. Perhaps will integrate it on next release if I only understand
Reinhard
siafu_kali

Post by siafu_kali »

I'm a cacti noob, plugin noober, and just stumbled across this plugin. I'm running 0.8.7a, plugin architecture 1.4, and aggregate plugin 0.64.

When I try to create an aggregate graph (Graph Management -> Check two graphs -> Action: Create Aggregate Graph), I get the following error:
Global Sql Mode STRICT_TRANS_TABLES found - Check your MySQL configuration
Create Aggregate Graph
The readme says "DO NOT FORGET TO INSTALL THE aggregate.sql", but I can't find this file, and the post at the beginning of this thread says that manually updating the MySQL server is no longer needed (unless I misread the post).

So have I done something wrong or not done something?
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

It says, that STRICT_TRANS_TABLES is in effect and breaks at least one of my SQL statements. Will have to look closer to avoid those problems. But you will have to be patient. Disable STRICT_TRANS_TABLES as a workaround.
Reinhard
siafu_kali

Post by siafu_kali »

I was going to ask, "How?", but decided that Google is my friend (and a way to keep you guys my friend too :P )

For anyone who might come across this too:

Code: Select all

mysql> set session sql_mode='NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION';
Then restart Apache.

That workaround fixed it.

Awesome plugin!!!!
timi
Cacti User

Post by timi »

v0.64 works with 0.8.7a and pa 1.4 ?