Monitoring Exchange 2003 from Linux Cacti

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

skinty

Post by skinty »

If you're not interested in putting the hostname / IP address for your server 6 times, you can uncheck the box in the custom data section for each of the corresponding data templates.
hassan1

Post by hassan1 »

Thanks for producing this Template, However my graph produce a “nan” and no graphs but if I hard code my exchange server’s IP Address in your script it produce a Graph.

How can I produce a graph using your Template and script without needing to hard code my exchange server IP Address in your script?

Can you help? Please.
khufure
Cacti User

worked for me..

Post by khufure »

Worked for me 1st try. I used Shuyun's version. Thanks all.

1.) Install WMI on server.
2.) Install http://www.shatterit.com/nc_net/ (latest version of nsclient). Start the service.
3.) Download the scripts from Shuyun. Modify the path of check_nt so it's correct.
4.) Copy the scripts to $CACTI_HOME/scripts. chmod 0755 to all of them. Make sure they are owned by root for security reasons.
5.) Import the template file from Shuyun.
6.) Add templates to your Exchange server device.
7.) Create graphs.
8.) Coffee (or vodka).
9.) Disco!
khufure
Cacti User

Post by khufure »

hassan1 wrote:Thanks for producing this Template, However my graph produce a “nan” and no graphs but if I hard code my exchange server’s IP Address in your script it produce a Graph.

How can I produce a graph using your Template and script without needing to hard code my exchange server IP Address in your script?

Can you help? Please.
Sounds like you have a name resolution problem. For a reliable fix, add the proper entry to /etc/hosts on the Linux Cacti server. If you have a typical /etc/nssswitch.conf, meaning you have an entry like "hosts: files dns", your Exchange server will now resolve without you having to have this hack.

I guess it's also possible when you added the graphs to the template you had an error on the input question. For each graph it asks you the hostname at this step.
Volund

Post by Volund »

Hello,

I can't graph my exchange server 2003 with this template, I have correctly install the templates and all of the .pl

NSclient run on my exchange server and I have install check_nt and modify the path into all of the .pl

I have'nt any error in my RRDTool debug mode and no error in my data source debug

All my graphs are blanck, without information (the exchange connection graph return all field at 0 and on the other graphs I have no informations)

My I.S. Statistics debug mode return me this :

Data Source Debug

/usr/bin/rrdtool create \
/usr/share/cacti/site/rra/xxxxxxxxxxx_count_users_1534.rrd \
--step 300 \
DS:count_active_users:GAUGE:600:0:U \
DS:count_users:GAUGE:600:0:100 \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:600 \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:6:700 \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:24:775 \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:288:797 \
RRA:MIN:0.5:1:600 \
RRA:MIN:0.5:6:700 \
RRA:MIN:0.5:24:775 \
RRA:MIN:0.5:288:797 \
RRA:MAX:0.5:1:600 \
RRA:MAX:0.5:6:700 \
RRA:MAX:0.5:24:775 \
RRA:MAX:0.5:288:797 \
RRA:LAST:0.5:1:600 \
RRA:LAST:0.5:6:700 \
RRA:LAST:0.5:24:775 \
RRA:LAST:0.5:288:797 \

My cacti log return me this :

12/19/2007 03:25:17 PM - SPINE: Poller[0] Host[71] DS[1536] WARNING: Result from SCRIPT not valid. Partial Result: BlockListDNSQueries...
12/19/2007 03:25:17 PM - SPINE: Poller[0] Host[71] DS[1535] WARNING: Result from SCRIPT not valid. Partial Result: MessagesSubmittedPe...
12/19/2007 03:25:17 PM - SPINE: Poller[0] Host[71] DS[1537] WARNING: Result from SCRIPT not valid. Partial Result: TotalMessagesAssign...

Have you any idea?

Thanks for helping

Merry Christmas !
Ubuntu 7 | Apache2.2 | Cacti 0.8.6j | RRDTool 1.25.15 | PHP 5.2.4 | MySQL 5.0.45 | Net-SNMP 5.4.13 | Cygwin 1.5 | Spine
Volund

Post by Volund »

Someone has ideas to help me ?
Ubuntu 7 | Apache2.2 | Cacti 0.8.6j | RRDTool 1.25.15 | PHP 5.2.4 | MySQL 5.0.45 | Net-SNMP 5.4.13 | Cygwin 1.5 | Spine
khufure
Cacti User

Post by khufure »

What is the output of

perl exchange_filters_script.pl HOSTNAME

It should be something like:
# perl exchange_filters_script.pl exchange
BlockListDNSQueriesIssued:928676 RecipientsRejectedbyDirectoryLookups:-1 RecipientsinConnectionFilteringExceptionList:0 MessagesFilteredDuetoBlankSender:0 MessagesFilteredbySenderFiltering:0 FailedDirectoryLookups:0 FailedBlockListDNSQueries:5 DirectoryLookupsIssued:0 ConnectionsRejectedbyDenyList:0 ConnectionsRejectedbyBlockListProviders:540942 ConnectionsAcceptedbyAcceptList:1250 RecipientsRejectedbyRecipientFiltering:0

If it isn't, login to the Exchange server and use the NS_CLIENT Test Console to make sure it is running. Start it, then type cfg to make sure it is listening on the right IP. After a reboot I had to change it to the proper one. (It went to 127.0.0.1 / localhost on a reboot).
Volund

Post by Volund »

Thanks Khufure for your response :)

I have this :
perl /usr/share/cacti/site/scripts/exchange_filters_script.pl exchange_server

BlockListDNSQueriesIssued:0 RecipientsRejectedbyDirectoryLookups:0 RecipientsinConnectionFilteringExceptionList:0 MessagesFilteredDuetoBlankSender:0 MessagesFilteredbySenderFiltering:0 FailedDirectoryLookups:0 FailedBlockListDNSQueries:0 DirectoryLookupsIssued:0 ConnectionsRejectedbyDenyList:0 ConnectionsRejectedbyBlockListProviders:0 ConnectionsAcceptedbyAcceptList:0 RecipientsRejectedbyRecipientFiltering:0

I gone to my Exchange server but I have'nt the NS_CLIENT Test Console, I tried to stop and start the service but nothing changes.....for information I have only one IP on my server....
argon0
Cacti User

Post by argon0 »

Just reading through what has been posted since my last contribution, I am currently well out of touch on this subject, but it looks like the script is returning 0 for all instances...

this may be down to wrong IP address for the server, or needing to put an IP address in for the script:

Your output:
perl /usr/share/cacti/site/scripts/exchange_filters_script.pl exchange_server
Has exchange_server - sorry if this sounds daft, but you have tried it with the IP address or Server Name

(e.g. perl /usr/share/cacti/site/scripts/exchange_filters_script.pl 10.10.10.200, or perl /usr/share/cacti/site/scripts/exchange_filters_script.pl MY_EXCHANGE_SERVER)

I'll start using this in the next week or so and hope to get it to work - will post my results here. BTW I'm using .8.7, via CactiEZ - anybody had any luck with that yet?
No longer a n00by, probably, by now an 0ldby

Now Head of Technology at RSCH, back to the prickly subject of Monitorring....
argon0
Cacti User

Post by argon0 »

Shuyun... Small mistake (maybe a relic of when I fiddled with the scripts)...

The first three lines of the scripts are:
#!/usr/bin/perl

# Replace '/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nt' with the localtion where your check_nt binary is located

$CheckNTPath='/var/lib/cacti/scripts';
What the 2nd line should say is Replace '/var/lib/cacti/scripts' with the path to your check_nt binary....

Hope this helps someone!

sapofeo

Post by sapofeo »

In the Data Templates menu, in the Custom Data section, there is a check box for Host Name. I had to uncheck that box for all but the "Exchange - Mailbox Performance v2" template which was already unchecked. I found that that template wasn't passing the hostname to the scripts. Hope that helps.

Sapofeo
ocon

MAPI SLA - Measure delivery times

Post by ocon »

Hello All,

Is there any way to measure delivery times, lets say how much time takes an email from box1 to reach an inbox on box2.

We are defining our SLA, but I cant see any tool to measure this delivery times across different servers. If anyone know any tool, please let me know, it will be great if it works for cacti, but even if doesn't work on cacti, but it does the job, let me know, I will highly appreciate it.

Carlos Diaz
mauirixxx

Post by mauirixxx »

I noticed a lot of these scripts were calling the Performance Counter info with the wrong name, hence some of the errors people were getting.

For those of you getting nan's / 0's - double check the perl scripts.
argon0
Cacti User

Post by argon0 »

Anybody had a go with the latest iteration of Cacti and the WMI plugin yet?

mcutting
Cacti Guru User

Post by mcutting »

Argon0 - I have successfully recreate the mailbox statistics graph using Claymen's wmi-client implementation.

Seems to work very well. I had a go with Cigamit's wmi plugin, but couldn't get this to work properly.

Regds
Cacti Version 0.8.8b
Cacti OS Ubuntu LTS
RRDTool Version RRDTool 1.4.7
Poller Information
Type SPINE 0.8.8b