Cisco Call Manager - Phones

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

siouxee
Cacti User

Post by siouxee »

Disregard that about perfmon counters, I was thinking of another problem I'm having with another script...
siouxee
Cacti User

Post by siouxee »

ok, i think i've figured out that it's an authentication problem going back to my subscriber.

it seems i have to manually authenticate (ie map a share on my CCM using same credentials as cacti poller job) before it will allow it to run the mgcp.pl or ccm_activeCalls.pl scripts, as well as the active calls template query.

i would get the "Can't call method "AddCounter" on an undefined value..." error everytime i would manually run the perl scripts. then, i decided to browse to \\10ccm02\c$ and authenticated using the local cacti account i created on the CCM. i ran the scripts manually again and both produced results! :)

does anyone know of a better way to keep this connection / authentication active so that i don't have to map a share from my cacti box to the CCM everytime i reboot either box? i know i could map a admin share and set it to reconnect but i don't think that will do me any good unless i'm actually logged into my cacti box 24/7 (which i'm not).

my CCM boxes are not on a Windows domain (but are running Windows 2000 w/ CCM 4.0), but my cacti box is.

any ideas?ok, i think i've figured out that it's an authentication problem going back to my subscriber.

it seems i have to manually authenticate (ie map a share on my CCM using same credentials as cacti poller job) before it will allow it to run the mgcp.pl or ccm_activeCalls.pl scripts, as well as the active calls template query.

i would get the "Can't call method "AddCounter" on an undefined value..." error everytime i would manually run the perl scripts. then, i decided to browse to \\10ccm02\c$ and authenticated using the local cacti account i created on the CCM. i ran the scripts manually again and both produced results! :)

does anyone know of a better way to keep this connection / authentication active so that i don't have to map a share from my cacti box to the CCM everytime i reboot either box? i know i could map a admin share and set it to reconnect but i don't think that will do me any good unless i'm actually logged into my cacti box 24/7 (which i'm not).

any ideas?
siouxee
Cacti User

Post by siouxee »

i was just thinking, if this is an authentication issue is there any way to set credentials inside the perl script itself (instead of manually authenticating to the CCM server)?
siouxee
Cacti User

Post by siouxee »

crackrocksteady, are you running these CCM scripts / queries using cactid or cmd.php?
crackrocksteady

Post by crackrocksteady »

I think you posted this in the wrong thread. I overcame this issue by running cmd.php with an identical username/password as one that exists in the local user database on the ccm.