Report plugin ''ReportIt" - v0.7.5a (released 23/12/11)

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

cybex_77

Post by cybex_77 »

I have added a report to show ping responses being graphed but in the report it is showing the max as 0.38K and not 380. Is there any way of stopping this from happening or am I being stupid?

Thanks in advance.
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Hi!
You have to disable (set it to "off") the rounding functionality in your measurand configuration. After this you don't(!) have to rerun your report, it will change immediately.

Best regards
-Andreas-
Hat das Blümchen einen Knick, war der Schmetterling zu dick! ;)
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Download ReportIt | Download SNMPAgent | ReportIt SVN | ReportIt Templates | Wish list
dagonet
Cacti User

Reports configuration missing buttons

Post by dagonet »

Hi,
i have just installed the svn version hoping my issue is solved.
Unfortunately it is not.
My problem consists of missing buttons on the reports configuration page.
I have no posibility the save my work.
So how do get them back?

Greetings
Dagonet
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Hi Dagonet,

the problem you've described depends on table definitions which are not full compatible with SQL strict mode. And these table are probably existing in your Cacti database if you've tried a lower version of ReportIt as v0.5.1.

Therefore the current svn release (rev23) contains two CLI script:
The first one is called "uninstall.php" that provides you the chance to remove all tables and settings of ReportIt. So you can start with a virgin installation.

The second is called "changemode.php". It will fix the definition of the all tables, so that you won't loose your configuration of ReportIt just as report or template configurations. That's really interesting for people which have SQL strict mode deactivated temporarily to use ReportIt.

In both cases it's recommend to backup your Cacti database before using them.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
Download ReportIt | Download SNMPAgent | ReportIt SVN | ReportIt Templates | Wish list
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Hi Cacti Community!

Here it is: ReportIt v0.5.1
It includes "some little" changes by Gandalf and me as you can see below.
I hope you'll like the new design. :wink:
Now ReportIt contains a graph view as add on, but the author of this external class seem to have his project given up during our development. :cry: So, we will change to another GD class with 0.6, because there are some bugs in it. Until then you should see it as a gimmick that can also be deactivated under "settings".

Best regards
-Andreas-

Code: Select all

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 0.5.1:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feature:        changemode.php modifies an existing ReportIt v0.4.x installation to support SQL strict mode
Feature:        Active sort criterion: Arrow becomes red instead of yellow.
Feature:        Subhead configuration supports serial variables to show interface settings
Feature:        Use of an individual filter per report view can be activated (graph settings)
Feature:        Report View supports now:
                -> Filtering by data sources and measurands
                -> Enable/disable subheads (if activated in report configuration)
                -> Enable/disable report summary
                -> Switch to Graph View (if activated under "settings")
                -> Limitation of rows
Feature:        New table design with filter options and default limitation of rows
Feature:        Active (red) tab is supported
Feature:        User can define a default chart type
Feature:        Graph support can be enabled/disabled
Feature:        New system variable "nan" returns the sum of NAN's during the reporting period for all data sources
Feature:        uninstall.php will remove all reportit tables and settings (completely rewritten)
Feature:        New calculation function "f_last" returns the last valid measured value
Feature:        New calculation function "f_1st" returns the first valid measured value
Feature:        Explanation of functions and variables by using Java Script (measurand configuration)

Feature:        New calculation function "f_grd" for statistical analysis (v0.4.2)
Feature:        Formatting of dates relates to the user settings (v0.4.2)
Feature:        Graph view relates to the reporting period (v0.4.2)
Feature:        New reporting periods "Last Week (Mon-Sun)" and "Last Week" (Sun - Sat) added. (v0.4.2)

Bugfix(#00056): Calculation results will be saved as "Double" instead of using "Float"
Bugfix(#00055):.CLI scripts don't work with Cacti 0.8.7
Bugfix(#00054): Validation errors allow to save an end date that lies ahead
Bugfix(#00053): Existing CSV file causes error messages during the export to CSV if it is write-protected
Bugfix(#00052): Invalid formula can be saved despite validation
Bugfix(#00051): Action "duplicate" for variables removed
Bugfix(#00050): The duplicate of a report configuration gets status "valid" without rerun
Bugfix(#00049): Non well formed numeric value by using connection type "RRDtool Cacti (SLOW)"
Bugfix(#00048): Bugfix #00027 removed after the improvement of all SQL statements (see #00038)
Bugfix(#00047): SQL error occurs during the saving of a new variable
Bugfix(#00046): "Select All" button does not work in combination with Cacti 0.8.7
Bugfix(#00045): Missing rrd file causes division by zero messages in conjunction with php bindings
Bugfix(#00044): True type font arial.ttf removed
Bugfix(#00043): Missing license for DejaVu true type fonts added
Bugfix(#00042): 25% more processing performance for great reports (2000 data items) by code reduction / optimization
Bugfix(#00041): Definition of graph fonts moved from graph to global settings
Bugfix(#00040): Wrong replacement of interim results can cause syntax errors if simular abbreviations are choosen
Bugfix(#00039): Critical bug during the data splitting process (in conjunction with time vectors) causes wrong
                calculation results

Bugfix(#00038): Unexcact SQL statements cause saving errors on systems with sql-mode "strict"
                -> All table definitions corrected
                -> Saving procedure for report configurations fixed
                -> Internal function fixed: reset_report()
                -> All "JOIN"s replaced by "INNER JOIN"

Bugfix(#00037): The Calculation of the sliding timeframe "current year" returns a wrong start date.
                This error occurs on every first day of January.
Bugfix(#00036): The Calculation of the sliding timeframe "current month" returns a wrong start date.
                This error occurs on every first day of a new month.
Bugfix(#00035): Wrong sequence of measurands after duplicating a template
Bug   (#00034): Variables are not actualized (wrong internal name) after duplicating a template
Bugfix(#00033): An error in the calculation module occurs if more than one function with parameters
                (f_xth, f_sot, f_dot) has been called

Bugfix(#00032): Several css errors fixed (v0.4.2)
Bugfix(#00031): Connection type "RRDtool Cacti" returns wrong data sources in use with RRDtool 1.0.x (v0.4.2)
Bugfix(#00030): Issues with sorting the result table (v0.4.2)
Bugfix(#00029): Unable to notice PHP bindings for Windows (v0.4.2)

Bugfix(#00028): Check for GD Freetype Support
Bugfix(#00027): Check for my.cnf sql_mode <> STRICT_TRANS_TABLES, STRICT_ALL_TABLES
Bugfix(#00026): Initialization issue in runtime.php l120 $report_id
Bugfix(#00025): Initialization issue in runtime.php l463 $buffer
Bugfix(#00024): Standard call format for includes
Bugfix(#00023): Verify required php-gd extension prior to using it
Bugfix(#00022): Documentation change: delete stale graphs every 60 seconds
Bugfix(#00021): Verify permissions before writing the png graph file
Bugfix(#00020): Strip graphing code down to a single procedure
Version 0.5.0:
Feature:        Create Bar Charts and Pie Charts from reports
Feature:        Management->Reports->Host Template (optional)
                Use those Data Source Items only, that belong to Hosts of this Host Template
Feature:        Management->Reports->Additional Data Source Filter
                used on the Data Source Item List
Feature:        Management->Reports->Enable Auto-Generating RRD List
                List of Data Source will automatically be generated based on filters
Feature:        Management->Reports->Data Item List
                Header will show all applied filters
Feature:        Reports selected from the Reports Tab will show timeframe in headers
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
zorrosam
Cacti User

problem to copy settings and source in report!

Post by zorrosam »

Fuck,

same problem of the last version.

When i try to copy all the settings from one source (subhead,weekday,shiftime,timezone) the option failed and reset all the cell to empty value.

Why?

I have tried to unistall my old version but he script uninstall (even changemode.php) fale with these erros:

WARNING!
This script deletes ALL tables of "reportit"
and also removes all user settings which are
in relationship with this plugin.
It's strongly recommend to backup your
Cacti database before using this script!
Be sure that no report is running.
Do you really want to go on?[y/n]PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant STDIN - assumed 'STDIN' in /var/www/cacti/plugins/reportit/uninstall.php on line 49
PHP Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/cacti/plugins/reportit/uninstall.php on line 49

In which way i can reply all the settings from one source to others?

I have 1000 and more source to set.

Please reply me!

thanks,

sam
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

That's really an interesting begin of a posting. :roll:

After I've taken a short look at the headlines of your other ones I've the feeling that ReportIt isn't the only one you've a spot of bother with. So the question should be: What makes your configuration so special?
So, at first I wouldn't recommend you to uninstall ReportIt, because everything will get lost. Instead of this you should use the CLI script called "changemode.php" to fix the default tables. Probably you'll get the same error as with the uninstaller, because your system doesn't know a constant called "STDIN". So edit changemode.php and comment out the while loop.
After that you should also create a new report configuration and try again.
I'll try to read your older postings this weekend to see what we've tried till now to find the issue your system has with ReportIt.

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
zorrosam
Cacti User

thanks

Post by zorrosam »

eh eh....

sorry... :-)

thanks for your great work and application ....

sam
khooker

Post by khooker »

Hello, I have downloaded latest version of the reportit plugin and tried to create new report template. As soon as I try to save the new measurand created for this template, here is the error page I got:

Code: Select all

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/plugins/reportit/lib_int/funct_shared.php on line 351

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/plugins/reportit/lib_int/funct_shared.php:351) in /var/www/html/plugins/reportit/cc_measurands.php on line 212
Here are the details of my Cacti (CactiEZ) config:
Cacti Version - 0.8.6j
Plugin Architecture - 1.1
Poller Type - Cactid v0.8.6i
Server Info - Linux 2.6.9-55.0.2.EL
Web Server - Apache/2.0.52 (CentOS)
PHP - 4.3.9
PHP Extensions - yp, xml, wddx, tokenizer, sysvshm, sysvsem, standard, sockets, shmop, session, pspell, posix, pcre, overload, mime_magic, iconv, gmp, gettext, ftp, exif, dio, dbx, dba, curl, ctype, calendar, bz2, bcmath, zlib, openssl, apache2handler, gd, ldap, mysql, snmp, eAccelerator
MySQL - 4.1.20
RRDTool - 1.2.15
SNMP - 5.1.2
Plugins
  • PHP Network Weathermap (weathermap - v0.92)
    Thresholds (thold - v0.3.5.2)
    Global Plugin Settings (settings - v0.2)
    Read-only Devices Tab (devices - v0.4)
    Simple Links page (links - v0.3)
    Device Monitoring (monitor - v0.7)
    Network Discovery (discovery - v0.7)
    Network Tools (tools - v0.2)
    Syslog Monitoring (haloe - v0.4)
    mactrack
    rrdclean (RRD Cleaner - v1.2 (Hack Gilles Boulon))
    PHP Network Managing (manage - v0.5.1)
    ReportIt (ReportIt - v0.5.1)
    Update Checker (update - v0.3)
    FlowView (flowview - v0.3)
    Host Info (hostinfo - v0.1)
    Error Images (errorimage - v0.1)
Could you please help?

Thxs & Brgds,
Khooker
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Are there any messages about SQL errors in Cacti's log?

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
khooker

Post by khooker »

Yes, here is the error I got in the log file when I press save button:
10/06/2007 10:34:27 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "SELECT abbreviation, spanned FROM reportit_measurands WHERE template_id=3 "
10/06/2007 10:34:23 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "SELECT abbreviation, spanned FROM reportit_measurands WHERE template_id=3 "
10/06/2007 10:34:10 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "SELECT abbreviation, spanned FROM reportit_measurands WHERE template_id=3 "
Brgds,
Khooker
Howie
Cacti Guru User

Post by Howie »

How does the report ownership work in 0.5.1? I just upgraded from 0.4.something and I have all these nice toys :-)

I can see that a report can be either public or private to a user, but I don't see how I (as admin) can 'give' a user a report of just their equipment. I can see that I can use the filter feature to make the relevant report, just not how to let them have it.

(looking even better with each version, by the way!)
Weathermap 0.98a is out! & QuickTree 1.0. Superlinks is over there now (and built-in to Cacti 1.x).
Some Other Cacti tweaks, including strip-graphs, icons and snmp/netflow stuff.
(Let me know if you have UK DevOps or Network Ops opportunities, too!)
chrisgapske
Cacti User
Location: Pensacola, Fl - Padacuh, Ky-Alpena, MI-Gulf Shores,AL

Report is 0.6.0 ?

Post by chrisgapske »

When will report it 0.6.0 come out and will you be able to do this in it?

Howie wrote:How does the report ownership work in 0.5.1? I just upgraded from 0.4.something and I have all these nice toys :-)

I can see that a report can be either public or private to a user, but I don't see how I (as admin) can 'give' a user a report of just their equipment. I can see that I can use the filter feature to make the relevant report, just not how to let them have it.

browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

khooker wrote:Yes, here is the error I got in the log file when I press save button:
10/06/2007 10:34:27 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "SELECT abbreviation, spanned FROM reportit_measurands WHERE template_id=3 "
10/06/2007 10:34:23 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "SELECT abbreviation, spanned FROM reportit_measurands WHERE template_id=3 "
10/06/2007 10:34:10 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] ERROR: SQL Assoc Failed "SELECT abbreviation, spanned FROM reportit_measurands WHERE template_id=3 "
Brgds,
Khooker
I've just installed CactiEZ 0.2 as virtual machine and I've not found any saving problem. Do you have a special configuration? Maybe you can send me your my.ini and php.ini as private message for comparing. Can you also try to execute the SQL command at the MySQL CLI, so it would be possible to send me the original error message of your MySQL server?

Best regards
-Andreas-
Last edited by browniebraun on Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3
browniebraun
Developer

Post by browniebraun »

Howie wrote:How does the report ownership work in 0.5.1? I just upgraded from 0.4.something and I have all these nice toys :-)

Hi Howie!
The ownership works in the same way as in 0.4.x, only the filter settings are new. A report configuration is always bound to the user who has created it. A duplication of an existing one is automatically bound to the owner of the original and there's no different if it has been duplicated by the owner himself or by an admin.
So, you see that the concept of ReportIt allows for users which are able to create their own report configurations without an admin. Therefore they should have all permissions excepting the "Power User Configuration" that means "Owner Configuration + View". Till now it wasn't planned to change the owner of a report configuration, so that you (as an admin) can prepare one for them. If you want it I can put on the wishlist for v0.6.0. :wink:

Best regards
-Andreas-
reportit v0.7.5a
SNMPAgent v0.2.3