Cisco Call Manager - Phones

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

crackrocksteady

Post by crackrocksteady »

I sure do...

I'm not in the office at the momment, sp I'll post it when I get back on Monday. But I have one for active calls and also registered/unregistered gateways (This one is really good if you use a lot of ATA's or VG224/248 for analogue lines)

I also have posted a MGCP script and template at the bottom of the following topic:

http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t ... light=mgcp

If you use h.323 gateways or wanted to graph another type of CCM data that is available through the perfmon interface then you could mod that script too do it.
Tekk

Post by Tekk »

I'm very interested having some graphs about SIP trunk, MTP and active calls on a Call Manager. All my voice gateways will all be in SIP sooner...
Unfortunately, CCM-MIB doens't return such accurate information. How do you retrieve your data for active calls ?
crackrocksteady

I haven't had much contact with SIP as yet with CCM. Are you using CCM4 or 5? I am running 4.1(3) which is on a windows platform. So to get active Calls I query the perfmon library on the CCM using Perl.

Basically I use a script data input method that uses the following script

use Win32::PerfMon;

$ccm = ($ARGV[0]);

my $PerfObj = Win32::PerfMon->new("\\\\$ccm");
$PerfObj->AddCounter("Cisco CallManager","CallsActive", "-1");

# Populate the counters from perfmon
$PerfObj->CollectData();

# Now retrieve the data
$ccm_activeCalls = $PerfObj->GetCounterValue("Cisco CallManager","CallsActive", "-1");

$err = $PerfObj->GetErrorText();

print "ccm_activeCalls:".$ccm_activeCalls.".00";

Then I graph the returned data. It is basically the same idea as the MGCP gateway script I linked too before.

I will post the templates and the script on monday morning for you. If you are using awindows based callmanager and the info you want is in perfmon then we should be able to work something out to pull that info....

Let me know if you have any questions.
Tekk

Post by Tekk »

I'm running CCM 5.1 on a Linux plateform.
I guess your script won't help me :(
crackrocksteady

Unfortunatly No.....

What you might want too look at though is CallManager Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT)

The collector service on the linux call manager writes logfiles containing the data you want to /var/log/active/cm/log/amc

You could use a script to pull out the following data from those logs for graphing:

Call Activity - Attempted and completed calls, trunk usage, Gateway Usage
Phone Stats - Reg/unreg phones/gateways

Service Stats

The log files are in a format that is readable by NT perfmon viewer. If you PM'd me a copy of one of these logs I'm more then happy to have a look at it for you.
Tekk

Post by Tekk »

It seems that I can't access the RTMT log file in /var/log/active/cm/log/amc. :-?
Access is denied to this file... Do you know how can I read it ?
crackrocksteady

umm I don't know. I don't actually know all that much about Call manager under linux.

I wonder if maybe you need to use the actual RTMT application to pull the logs? Did you setup the call manager yourself? Could be a privleged accoutn setup to access this stuff??

I have a VM image of CCM 5. When I get a chance I'll fire it up and see what I find
poezie

H.323 script

Post by poezie »

Hi

Is it possible for someone to give me a script to monitor the H.323 gateway as I am not clued up with this.

Thanks
Dunkelzahn

Get the Templates

Post by Dunkelzahn »

Hi crackrocksteady,

you mentioned to publish the templates for e.g. active calls on a callmanager. As we just trippled the amount of active phones, I really would like to monitor this via cacti.

Also we use a vg248 and a couple of SATAs so I you could publish the other mentioned template also.

Would be really kind :-)

Thanks

Maik
crackrocksteady

I don't have any specific script/snmp query for VG224/248's.

I use 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.5.8.0 to get the number of registered gateways.

as for active calls I use this script : ccm_activeCalls.pl that I have attached...

note that this will only work on a windows based call manager as I am using perl to get the data out of perfmon.

If you need any more help let me know.
Attachments
ccm_activeCalls.pl
(462 Bytes) Downloaded 941 times
crackrocksteady

Here is the template to import for that script...
Attachments
cacti_graph_template_ccm_active_calls.xml
(7.37 KiB) Downloaded 1015 times
siouxee
Cacti User

Post by siouxee »

Great scripts! Thanks crackrocksteady!
siouxee
Cacti User

Post by siouxee »

crackrocksteady, i'm getting good graph data for active calls, but not for the number of phones. is there an associated script or config that i'm missing?

what's actually gathering the data for the number of registered / unregistered phones?
crackrocksteady

Umm that template should have everthing you need. Reg/unreg phones doesn't need a script as I am just querying the OID's.

Registered phones : 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.5.5.0

Unregistered phones : 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.5.6.0

Also phones will usually register with the subscriber so it is usual to see 0 registered phones on the publisher under normal operation.
siouxee
Cacti User

Post by siouxee »

Yeah, I'm only querying the subscriber (after verifying all my phones are registering with the sub) and am seeing zero phones.

I'll play with it some more to see what's missing. I think something is broken when I try to query the perfmon counters...

Thanks for the OIDs! :D