Windows All-In-One Installer [Cacti 1.2.24] [Updated 2023-03-09]

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

alastair wrote:Well I got it all installed but cant seem to log in. I've tried the old paasswords, new passwords and still keep coming back to the same loging screen. Any ideas???
The cacti username for the installer is admin, and the password is: cactipw. Make sure you're restarted the server before trying to login. What drive did you install stuff on? You might need to tweak some of the settings, which the installer didn't get configured.
alastair

Post by alastair »

Hi,

I tried that but no joy - just took me right back to the login with no error messages or anything.
It is all installed on Drive C: - the webroot is c:\inetpub\wwwroot and cacti is installed to c:\cacti.

The browser path to cacti is http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/cacti

Thanks

Alastair
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

How'd you install to c:\cacti\ with the installer? It doesn't give you that option... My guess its your paths for things are not properly set or a php session issue. Read through my installation guide and check for missing things and report back.
alastair

Post by alastair »

Hi,

The installer prompts at the first screen for the locations (see attachement for screenshot).

I've now reinstalled and have exactly the same issue. The installer I'm using is the one linked off your signature and the version of PHP is 5.2.4 and was installed from the installer on the PHP webiste. I've looked at the install guide on the site but it hasn't helped. Any ideas?

A.
Attachments
cacti.JPG
cacti.JPG (34.8 KiB) Viewed 6431 times
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Ah, I see what you mean. Yea, so now everything is installed in c:\cacti\php, c:\cacti\mysql\, etc. I'm guessing a path/permission somewhere got messed up. Typically users just leave that path as C:\ instead...

Anyways, go over my installation guide and re-verify all the settings/permissions on mysql/php/cacti/rrdtool are set correctly.
l3k

No grah and no rrd file

Post by l3k »

Hi everybody ! I'm just asking where is the problem ?
In cacti log file no warning and my shedule task work fine
I follow the install doc then no problem with my sql or php files

I think rddtool could be the problem but what kind of test can i do ?

Cacti's version : cacti-0.8.6j.1.6
alastair

Post by alastair »

Well I got it working on my Laptop (testbed) and its very good (turned out to be a problem in php.ini - I hadn't set a parameter). But when I then tried to set it all up on a production system running Windows 2003 its turned into a nightmare....

The problem is as follows:
Installed IIS using the default Windows settings.
Ran the installer for Cacti.
Went though and checked all the php.ini settings agianst my working testbed ones.
Checked the Windows installation guide.

All seems perfect.

But....

When I try and access Cacti I get a blank page returned. I can't get the phpinfo() page to return anything either so it would appear to be a problem with PHP as opposed to Cacti.

php -m looks exactly the same as my working testbed.

Any ideas gratefully received....

Alastair
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

l3k: did you reboot the server after the installer? Wait 10 min for graphs? Disable your antivirus while using the installer? Look over my installation guide and see if there is anything missing with your new cacti setup.

alastair: What was the setting in php.ini that you originally fixed? As for your win2k3 system, read through my installation guide on the IIS/PHP sections to make sure they're set up right. Also, look in the Windows event log for any errors related to IIS/mysql -- are there any?
alastair

Post by alastair »

Hi BSOD - These were the lines I uncommented to make it work on my laptop....

register_argc_argv = On
safe_mode = Off
cgi.force_redirect = 0
upload_tmp_dir = "C:\PHP\Uploadtemp"
session.save_path="C:\PHP\Session"

I've now given up with IIS and am attempting to use Apache. I can now at least get the info to disply from my test.php file so progress is being made.
krap_rz

beta window installer v1.6

Post by krap_rz »

i would like to thank BSOD on his effort in making installation was an ease for windows. kneeling at your feet,... 8)

Anyway, i have some questions regarding the cacti v1.6; Anyone could help me on this would be much appriciated.

Is it able to install plugins such as weathermap. Since cacti need some modifications by installing plugin.arch, only then can install on any plugins.

I have tried several times, but the cacti went chaos and most web icon went missing and polling were failed. Is it just me, or there is some hidden way on achieving install plugins under beta window installer.

Appreciate if you could point out where to start on how to install plugins and weathermap plugin under cacti.

To BSOD, i would like to make a request on your post installation manual after the v1.6 installation; please add additional info on php.ini file on "date.timezone = " line. Doing this installer can adjust the line by adding their specific timezone. (mine in Kuala Lumpur, so "date.timezone = Asia/Kuala_Lumpur") This will repair the date and time on cacti's graph. Just my two cents worth...

Hope to hear any reply soon.
KeyBoarD Is MightieR ThaN ThE sWorD, iF onLy ConNecTed tO tHe InTernET..
alastair

Post by alastair »

Well having battled with IIS for over 2 days and giving up and going to Apache, its working after less than 2 hours.... :evil:

Now to set up monitoring on all our SAN devices.... :-?
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

alastair: Hmm, interesting. I'll have to double check my cacti image to make sure those things are set (as they should already be).

krap_rz: No, I will not include the plugin arch in the installer until its officially a part of Cacti. Since it modifies other files, it makes it more difficult for users to install patches, etc. Installing plugins is no different after using my installer -- it simply fasttracks users to get a base install of Cacti up and running. You should follow the standard plugin arch installation guide. What plugin arch did you try?

As for the date.timezone setting, I thought by default PHP picks up that info from the locale settings of your server. Is that not correctly set?
krap_rz

Post by krap_rz »

BSOD2600 wrote:alastair: Hmm, interesting. I'll have to double check my cacti image to make sure those things are set (as they should already be).

krap_rz: No, I will not include the plugin arch in the installer until its officially a part of Cacti. Since it modifies other files, it makes it more difficult for users to install patches, etc. Installing plugins is no different after using my installer -- it simply fasttracks users to get a base install of Cacti up and running. You should follow the standard plugin arch installation guide. What plugin arch did you try?

As for the date.timezone setting, I thought by default PHP picks up that info from the locale settings of your server. Is that not correctly set?
Thanks for prompt respond. Anyway, i have manage to install the plugin-arch from cactiuser.org , just copy and paste then adjust the cacti.php in the include folder (just change databasepassword to cactipw). Then I just follow the instructions on weathermap installations. i was pretty straight foward, as long we read the manual, and search through the config.php. I hope that BOSD can create some sort of manual or installer for plugins, for user to add-on their wanted plugins. Just my thought only. :wink:

As for date.timezone, cactiwas set to GMT -1:00, by default, but my server is on GMT+8. After searching, i just manually add the timezone, thus corrected your graph timing. I dont know other, maybe it was me only...How about yours BOSD?
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

krap_rz wrote:I hope that BOSD can create some sort of manual or installer for plugins, for user to add-on their wanted plugins.
No need, since these documents already exist here http://cactiusers.org/wiki/Homepage. Did you not follow them?
krap_rz wrote:As for date.timezone, cactiwas set to GMT -1:00, by default, but my server is on GMT+8. After searching, i just manually add the timezone, thus corrected your graph timing. I dont know other, maybe it was me only...How about yours BOSD?
My server time zone is set to -8GMT and cacti's graphs properly reflect this. Its not my graph timing, it's cacti/rrdtool.
krap_rz

Post by krap_rz »

BSOD,

yup,...i manage to find it via google. for the date.timezone, i haven't check rrdtool part yet, just doing a simpler way by adjusting the php timezone. Either way, thank you very much for responding. :wink: