verify 95th percentile value

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

sys0p

Post by sys0p »

Can anyone please get back on this ? I did another test with data from 2007/09/23 23:55:00 to 2007/09/24 23:55:00 and I have 290 rows .

The 95th percentile on the graph is at row 269 when it should be at position 274 .

Can anyone please tell me why is it so off course ?
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

You should be using the RRDTool fetch function to get the values from the rrdtool files. Using the dump will give you different values for the rows. As the fetch will use the best resolution for the given time range you have selected.
[size=117][i][b]Tony Roman[/b][/i][/size]
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]
sys0p

Post by sys0p »

rony wrote:You should be using the RRDTool fetch function to get the values from the rrdtool files. Using the dump will give you different values for the rows. As the fetch will use the best resolution for the given time range you have selected.
Hello Rony ,

This is what I am actually using ..

perl -e '$ctime = time; $rrdres = 300; \
system "rrdtool fetch name_traffic_in_964.rrd MAX -e @{[int($ctime/$rrdres)*$rrdres]} ...
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

Cacti fetches the AVERAGE.
[size=117][i][b]Tony Roman[/b][/i][/size]
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]
yongsan

Post by yongsan »

Hi,

Like to reopen up this post.

I would like to also bill my customer monthly with 5 min average instead of the default 2 hour average for the monthly graph. Do I also change the Daily graph to 26280?

Sorry but pretty new to cacti and hoping to find some advice on this.

Thanks