95th Percentile Question

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

infuseweb

95th Percentile Question

Post by infuseweb »

Ok, I'm probably showing my ignorance here, and I apologize. Graphs are charting fine, but the 95th percentile is showing as 0 (graphs have been running about 4 days). Is there a reason why this is happening and how do I fix it?
raX
Lead Developer

Post by raX »

Perhaps the scale is set to high? According the graph variables section of the manual, the second argument specifies the scale for the 95th percentile number. I believe this number is set to '6' by default which would scale everything to megabits with two digit precision. I would try changing this number to '3' or even '0' in the graph template.

-Ian
infuseweb

Post by infuseweb »

It was set to 6 and "max". I set it to 3, but no difference. I'll try 0. Should I also set to current or total? The manual doesn't explain max, just current and total. Max IS an option, isn't it?
raX
Lead Developer

Post by raX »

Yes, 'max' is an option, I would recommend setting it to that if possible.

-Ian
infuseweb

Post by infuseweb »

Hmm, still showing 0. Is there anything else I should check for?

TIA
raX
Lead Developer

Post by raX »

Do you have a data source selected for the graph item you are applying the 95th percentile to?

(Apply the patch provided in this forum before making changes to a graph template item)

-Ian
infuseweb

Post by infuseweb »

I think so, but I'm not for sure. What page should I be on? On the Graph Item Inputs page, Data Source is selected and numerous item check boxes are selected. Am I barking up the wrong tree? :oops:
raX
Lead Developer

Post by raX »

You want to be one screen back under where it says "Graph Template Items". Just select an item to see if it is associated with a data source.

-Ian
infuseweb

Post by infuseweb »

Yes, it says "Interface - Traffic - (taffic_out)".
infuseweb

Post by infuseweb »

Let me ask this. Do you need a full month of data to calculate the 95th percentile, or should it start calculating right away?
raX
Lead Developer

Post by raX »

It should start calculating after two samples, so maybe 10 minutes but definitely not a month.

-Ian
infuseweb

Post by infuseweb »

Darn. Guess I'm at a loss as to why it's not working. Still reading 0 after a day :cry:
raX
Lead Developer

Post by raX »

Unfortunately beyond this it's really hard to tell exactly what Cacti is seeing behind the scenes and why it is reporting '0'. I would be willing to take a quick look at your installation, just to see if I notice anything obvious. If you're interested, just send me an e-mail.

-Ian
infuseweb

Post by infuseweb »

Ok, I'll PM you. Thanks!
infuseweb

Post by infuseweb »

Anyone else ever run into this problem? Need some hints. Tried everything I can think of, but 95th percentile still shows up as 0. Bummer :cry: