Cacti 0.8.7 Beta 1 - Availiable for testing

Important information about Cacti developments that all users should be interested in.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Cacti 0.8.7 Beta 1 - Availiable for testing

Post by rony »

Available now, Cacti 0.8.7 Beta 1 for TESTING!

Do not use this in your production environment!

If you find any issues, please submit a bug at http://www.cacti.net/bugs.php

Change log:
-bug#0000480: error when making a change to graphs displayed per page
-bug#0000833: favicon.ico support
-bug#0000850: Select All for list view
-bug#0000854: Move "Downed Host Detection" to each device
-bug#0000873: Poller hangs in certain situations
-bug#0000876: Ability to search for host with a not UP status
-bug#0000898: Selecting a CUSTOM timespan and then CLEARing yields "LAST HALF HOUR" preset
-bug#0000899: Settings checks paths for existance
-bug#0000902: cmd.php doesn't work with PHP 4.4.1 under windows
-bug#0000903: snmpgetnext function does not exist in PHP less than 5.0
-bug#0000904: Data Source creation fails without php-snmp
-bug#0000906: Every tenth host does not show on tree during console edit
-bug#0000907: Sorting of data sources when interface numbers are used without leading zeros are incorrectly sorted
-bug#0000908: Graphs created by SNMP data queries are losing their specific names if the template is modified
-bug#0000910: Cacti complains when trying to set the data source "maximum value" to any number with a decimal point
-bug#0000912: Nth Percentile thumbnail graphs fail with RRDtool 1.2.15, 1.2.18
-bug#0000913: Allow direct linking to specific graph pages
-bug#0000919: Problem with ping_tcp function in 8.6j and possible fix.
-bug#0000920: Improved handling of rrdtool --font parameter
-bug#0000921: Improvement to ping.pl script
-bug#0000925: Support for host_* variables in the legend
-bug#0000927: Classic export does not recognize thumbnail columns properly
-bug#0000931: New rrdtool fails on empty comment
-bug#0000934: Column 'status_last_error' in table 'host' too short.
-bug#0000937: System output in hosts.php poor for Alcatel
-bug#0000946: Timetick of zero returns down for device
-bug#0000947: Trailing blanK on oid in form causes problems
-bug#0000953: SNMP Passphrase displayed in cleartext
-bug#0000955: Fixed possible denial of service attack by modifying graph image url
-bug#0000956: Patch for tree management
-bug#0000957: Script server output's beginning/trailing data during "Include" causing a synchronization issue
-bug#0000958: Slope Mode is now selectable
-bug#0000959: Alarming added when poller output table is not empty
-bug#0000963: TCP/UDP capitalization
-bug#0000965: When setting filters under utilities, pressing enter takes you back to the main page
-bug#0000966: Log file viewing utility has no ability to filter
-bug#0000969: In some versions of PHP, the graph tree will not view properly
-bug#0000970: Incorrect debug messages in lib/ping.php for failed UDP ping
-bug#0000974: No graphs on Fedora core6 using sunone/iplanet 6.1 SP5
-bug#0000975: Add Nth Percentile aggregate_current - Summing Multiple Data Sources with like names for Nth Percentile
-bug#0000982: Remove invalid references to the "output_string" column in the "data_input" table
-bug#0000983: Bad SQL: snmp_query_graph_rrd.snmp_query_graph_id=
-bug#0000984: Poller does not correctly flush poller_output table after a memory error
-bug#0000989: hyphen - host description used with Data Source Path
-bug: ss_sql.php causes the script server to crash
-bug: Timeshifter added to base code.
-bug: Allow query_ and host_ substitution in COMMENT and CDEF's.
-bug: Command line interface scripts to add devices, graphs, tree's and permissions.
-bug: Correct index error when creating graphs when you have no hosts on your system.
-bug: More recent versions of net-snmp broke SNMP walk functions.
-bug: Adjust for problematic responses from some SNMP agents (IBM AIX).
-bug: Improve logging in cmd.php and poller.php when parameters are not specified correctly.
-bug: Reduce the total number of SQL queries called
-bug: Replace inefficient strip function in process_poller_output
-bug: Some php_snmp implementations return strings as "Hex-STRING:". In these cases properly resolve the string
-bug: Correctly assign right and left click actions for Opera
-bug: Fix SQL error when viewing an invalid Data Source via the Log Viewer
-bug: Fix command line user copy utility
-feature: Paginate the Graph Creation Page
-feature: Add SNMPv3 Support to Cacti
-feature: Add a Notes field to the Device that can contain arbitrary information
-feature: Add Availability Methods to Cacti including per Host Ping Methods and Timeouts
-feature: Add Max OID's to te Host Level
-feature: Allow CSV Export from the various Graphs page
-feature: Add rra_path as a global.php config variable
-feature: Add drop down actions to data queries
-feature: Add drop down actions to data input methods
-feature: Add drop down actions to user administration
-feature: Add filtering and pagination to data queries
-feature: Add filtering and pagination to data input methods
-feature: Add filtering and pagination to host templates
-feature: Add filtering and pagination to user administration
-feature: Add extended LDAP authentication support
-feature: Add Web Basic authentication
-feature: Add authenication realm to modifiable user parameters
-feature: Add multiple polling intervals
-feature: Moved command line scripts to cli sub directory
-feature: include/config.php now only includes database configuration
-feature: include/config_* have been renamed to include/global_*. Note: Script servers need to be updated.
-feature: Allow VRULE's in Cacti to specify an absolute timestamp in addition to [+/-]HH:MM
-feature: Add 1 minute RRA
-feature: Add item select highlighting to main pages
-feature: Let poller.php be more intelligent about poller intervals less than 60 seconds
-feature: Add consistency to Filters by adding nowrap to td items
-feature: Add Graph and Data Source counts to Device page
-feature: Add Poller Interval to Data Sources page
-feature: Keep filters aligned with main page content on window resize
-feature: Add Enable/Disable user
-feature: Add copy and batch copy of users
-feature: Reduce ADODB memory consumption during polling
-feature: Add new RRDtool Function to facilitate CSV export
-feature: Add the ability to ignore custom RRA settings when importing templates and use this behavior by default
-feature: Add technical support output to System Utilities
-compat: Add additional checking due to php-snmp changes in Windows
Attachments
cacti-0.8.7-beta1.tar.gz
Cacti 0.8.7 Beta 1
(1.82 MiB) Downloaded 3572 times
Last edited by rony on Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=117][i][b]Tony Roman[/b][/i][/size]
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]
fmangeant
Cacti Guru User

Post by fmangeant »

Hi Tony

on a clean install, I had the following error :
  • edit the "ucd/net - CPU Usage" graph template to uncheck "Auto Scale"
  • save
  • go back to the graph template : the graph title is empty, and "Auto Scale" is still checked
System is running Gentoo Linux, w/ PHP 5.2.4 and MySQL 5.0.44

Bug #997 submitted.
[size=84]
[color=green]HOWTOs[/color] :
[list][*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=15353]Install and configure the Net-SNMP agent for Unix[/url]
[*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=26151]Install and configure the Net-SNMP agent for Windows[/url]
[*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=28175]Graph multiple servers using an SNMP proxy[/url][/list]
[color=green]Templates[/color] :
[list][*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=15412]Multiple CPU usage for Linux[/url]
[*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?p=125152]Memory & swap usage for Unix[/url][/list][/size]
galco
Cacti User

tar.gz doesn't include log folder

Post by galco »

Hi,
I'm interested in this new version because I can add graphs automatically with it. I made a clean installation and I've seen that tar.gz doesn't include log folder.
I know that it is a triviality but it is easy to add in new releases, no?

EDITED:
I also found this error:
$ php copy_user.php

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in /usr/share/cacti-0.8.7-beta1/cli/copy_user.php on line 32

EDITED2:
I added a device that uses the "Cisco - 6500" template. When I try to graph "Cisco - CPU Usage", it asks me for the legend color and then this screen appears (screen.png).

EDITED3:
I tried to graph an interface vlan from a cisco router but i get this error before I can finish with the process:

Notice: Undefined index: sgg_1 in /usr/share/cacti-0.8.7-beta1/graphs_new.php on line 71

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/share/cacti-0.8.7-beta1/graphs_new.php:71) in /usr/share/cacti-0.8.7-beta1/graphs_new.php on line 323

EDITED4:
I click into Devices / MyCiscoDevice. Then I click to the query "SNMP - Interface Statistics" (Verbose query) from Associated Data Queries and I get:

+ Running data query [1].
+ Unknown type = ''
+ Found data query XML file at '/usr/share/cacti-0.8.7-beta1/resource/snmp_queries/interface.xml'
+ Found data query XML file at '/usr/share/cacti-0.8.7-beta1/resource/snmp_queries/interface.xml'

EDITED5:
poller.php needs a line that has been removed. It's the first line:
#!/usr/bin/php -q

---------------------------------
Cacti Version - 0.8.7-beta1
Poller Type - cmd.php
Server Info - Debian etch
Web Server - apache-2.2.3-4
PHP - 5.2.0
MySQL - 5.0.32-7etch1
RRDTool - 1.2.15-0.3
SNMP - 5.2.3-7
Attachments
screen.png
screen.png (50.34 KiB) Viewed 34156 times
cd

Post by cd »

any time frame on the plugin arch?
gandalf
Developer

Post by gandalf »

rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Re: tar.gz doesn't include log folder

Post by rony »

galco wrote:I made a clean installation and I've seen that tar.gz doesn't include log folder.
Fixed in SVN
galco wrote: I also found this error:
$ php copy_user.php

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in /usr/share/cacti-0.8.7-beta1/cli/copy_user.php on line 32
Fixed in SVN, my bad....
galco wrote: EDITED2:
I added a device that uses the "Cisco - 6500" template. When I try to graph "Cisco - CPU Usage", it asks me for the legend color and then this screen appears (screen.png).
Looking into this one with the default SQL file.
galco wrote: EDITED3:
I tried to graph an interface vlan from a cisco router but i get this error before I can finish with the process:

Notice: Undefined index: sgg_1 in /usr/share/cacti-0.8.7-beta1/graphs_new.php on line 71

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/share/cacti-0.8.7-beta1/graphs_new.php:71) in /usr/share/cacti-0.8.7-beta1/graphs_new.php on line 323
Which graph template where you using?
galco wrote: EDITED4:
I click into Devices / MyCiscoDevice. Then I click to the query "SNMP - Interface Statistics" (Verbose query) from Associated Data Queries and I get:

+ Running data query [1].
+ Unknown type = ''
I was able to create a device and had no problems with the data query. Check your file permissions on your installation of Cacti?
galco wrote: EDITED5:
poller.php needs a line that has been removed. It's the first line:
#!/usr/bin/php -q
Not needed and removed intentionally.
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

fmangeant wrote:Hi Tony

on a clean install, I had the following error :
  • edit the "ucd/net - CPU Usage" graph template to uncheck "Auto Scale"
  • save
  • go back to the graph template : the graph title is empty, and "Auto Scale" is still checked
System is running Gentoo Linux, w/ PHP 5.2.4 and MySQL 5.0.44

Bug #997 submitted.
FMangeant,

Fixed in SVN. You need to download both the lib/database.php and lib/html_form.php to fully resolve the issue. Download from SVN.

Larry
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
fmangeant
Cacti Guru User

Post by fmangeant »

Hi Larry

already updated :)

It works fine, thanks.
[size=84]
[color=green]HOWTOs[/color] :
[list][*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=15353]Install and configure the Net-SNMP agent for Unix[/url]
[*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=26151]Install and configure the Net-SNMP agent for Windows[/url]
[*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=28175]Graph multiple servers using an SNMP proxy[/url][/list]
[color=green]Templates[/color] :
[list][*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=15412]Multiple CPU usage for Linux[/url]
[*][url=http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?p=125152]Memory & swap usage for Unix[/url][/list][/size]
mvam
Cacti User

Post by mvam »

Updated lib/database.php and lib/html_form.php but still have issues editing graph templates. for example:

when i try to change the width of a template either 1) the save function does nothing or 2) the save function does nothing and removes the title, when title is reapplied all the graph items are removed and a duplicate template is created.
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

I will be releasing Beta 2 tonight. Wait for that one.
chrisgapske
Cacti User
Location: Pensacola, Fl - Padacuh, Ky-Alpena, MI-Gulf Shores,AL

Cacti Version update

Post by chrisgapske »

Will there be an update from version 0.8.6k avalable. ? I tryed for 0.8.7. beta 1 and was not allowed to update. Had to wipe and rebuild database. ?
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

One, 0.8.6k was never released. 0.8.7 is the next release after 0.8.6j.
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

mvam wrote:Updated lib/database.php and lib/html_form.php but still have issues editing graph templates. for example:

when i try to change the width of a template either 1) the save function does nothing or 2) the save function does nothing and removes the title, when title is reapplied all the graph items are removed and a duplicate template is created.
I tested this and it worked correctly.

I would assume you do not have the correct version of lib/database.php, because what you describe is exactly what I was seeing before correcting the issue in that file.
chrisgapske
Cacti User
Location: Pensacola, Fl - Padacuh, Ky-Alpena, MI-Gulf Shores,AL

Re: Cacti Version update

Post by chrisgapske »

chrisgapske wrote:Will there be an update from version 0.8.6k available. ? I tryed for 0.8.7. beta 1 and was not allowed to update. Had to wipe and rebuild database. ?
OK so you got me there it is and was not released. It was a beta and I assumed that it might be close to what was released. I spent allot of time tinkering with it and like it.

So I am rather new to cacti but I want to learn and work for the long term.

Plus when I get it done I plan on offering that our company has chosen to use cacti as its monitoring system.

So getting back to the grit of the story is there a way to upgrade from 0.8.6k to 0.8.7 ?

I am not a programmer or super database gruru. But I try.

I know it was not intended for production but I was starting fresh and wanted to try. dumb on my account maybe but I liked the result.

We are only human. :roll: :)
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

Kind of.... You will get upgrade errors, but this should work.

But I'm not responsible for any issues you encounter.

Run the following query on the cacti database:

Code: Select all

UPDATE version SET cacti = '0.8.6j';
Then access Cacti and it will perform the upgrade.